Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 01:02:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caverns is OFF OFF OFF  (Read 4681 times)
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« on: February 07, 2008, 04:14:46 PM »

In response to member questions and messages - the Caverns Rally is ON!!   Grin  Grin  Grin

Dennis Meyers (sp?) the new Magazine editor will be monitoring this thread & responding to questions.

This thread will be "sticky".

Hope this helps -
Phil
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 04:08:15 AM by plyonsMC9 » Logged

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 05:40:27 PM »

Edit.  This post was made when the title was:  "The Carverns is On"  Now that the title has changed to say that the Caverns is Off, I don't want to have it look like I was cheering the demise of the Gathering.

WOO HOO!!!.  We now have confirmation that we will really have a rally!!!

The first action item should be a sign-up form for both attendees and vendors.

I don't think I posted this in the other thread, but a person contacted me off-line to say that they had done quite a bit of work to the facilities.  I was a bit distracted when he called, so I can't recall all of the details, but it sounds like there are significant improvements.

I guess we can now complete our planning.

Jim
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 06:03:02 AM by rv_safetyman » Logged

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 08:53:26 PM »

Phil, whats up with the thumb's down icon on your post?  The announcement is good news for those who are able to attend.   Grin
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 04:10:27 AM »

Hahaha - funny - THANKS for catching that HighTech!!!   Grin 

That's what I get for trying to do too many things @ the same time - talking w/ Mike, entering a post, and working w/my customer all @ the same time.  Well, I hope I got 2 of the 3 I was doing correct - 'cause I sure messed the post up.     Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 04:44:38 PM »

Just curious but.............what's "Caverns"? I looked thru this thread and the events thread, but didn't see it. I'm "hoping" to make a rally or two this year, but..................? I have been watching and trying to figure out which one I can do.

Thanx,
      Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 05:04:12 PM »

Just curious but.............what's "Caverns"? I looked thru this thread and the events thread, but didn't see it. I'm "hoping" to make a rally or two this year, but..................? I have been watching and trying to figure out which one I can do.

Thanx,
      Chaz

It's the MAK rally at the Grand Canyon Caverns.

http://busconversions.com/event_calendar.html
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 08:34:03 PM »

so where do we sign up at?,  or do we just show up?

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Songman

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 06:17:15 AM »

I heard from some 'Eagle friends' yesterday that live not too far from me that are planning on going so it appears that it will still be a good event and people will be showing up. We're still looking at the possibilities.
luvrbus

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 06:51:52 AM »

Dale,as you know I don't live far from the Caverns and I am having a hard time getting any information about this rally it's my understanding you pay $30.00 for the RV spot they have 50 spaces and no mention of dry camping for people that don't use RV spaces $25.00 for the meals .No planned actives or seminars as of yet no vendors list just park and you are on your own.I have attended all of Mikes rallies but this one I will pass on for the lack of information
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 07:01:25 AM by luvrbus » Logged
Songman

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 01:42:26 PM »

I might just come on over to your house and hang out with you then! Cheesy
luvrbus

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 01:58:39 PM »

Dale, you are welcome to hang out bring your Eagle and we will raise the roof
Songman

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 03:34:50 PM »

Boy, if that ain't the best offer I have had in a long time!!!
writingchef

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 06:17:18 AM »

:)You guys should read the magazine. It has been advertised for months. Mike has asked me to head up the affair, and I am looking forward to meeting many of you for the first time. Call the Caverns and make your reservations. If you want to exhibit there will be space. If you want to make a presentation to bring learning and enlightenment to neophytes like me, bring them on! The price is right, the weather will be great. If you have other questions, contact me directly. Dennis MYERS, Editor BCM
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 10:35:45 AM »

Dennis, you sure have missed getting the word out.  There was a thread here for over a month asking if it was on or not, calls were put in to the office etc and since there was Zero response from BCM, during that time many of us decided to make other plans.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
luvrbus

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 11:48:05 AM »

Dennis, there was not any  info in the magazine expect the date, the only information we received was from Phil on Feb 7th and that was after asking for a month and like Jim I gave up and made other plans
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 10:53:14 PM »

OK, I have been trying to keep a low profile after I started the last thread, but I can no longer do that.

Dennis, I read the magazine every month and have been a subscriber for many years (almost since the start).  I have been to all but one of the MAK events (twice as a vendor).  I have contributed two article to your publication.  I put a lot of effort into making quality responses/posts on this board.  I do not appreciate your response!

Maybe you should read your own magazine and the board once in a while.  Maybe you should answer your phone messages.  All I have asked, is to give us the details.  Your folks at the Caverns don't even know there is a rally!!

Would you be so kind as to point out the issue and page in the magazine that details the rally and provides a sign up form.  Or perhaps a place on the website where we can sign up?  Surely, you don't expect folks to just show up and not have any idea of what to expect?  Surely, there must be some package price like all of the other "major" rallies.

Because of the other thread, I have been contacted by many folks, off line, who are very frustrated.  One person called you or MAK and left a message that he would be glad to show up early and help in any way he could and you folks did not even have the decency to return his call!!!

As a vendor, I have seen many of the faithful give up and make other plans as has been noted.  What vendor in his right mind would spend his resources on such a poorly planned event?  Whether you would like to admit it or not, history suggests that attendees expect quality vendors and seminars at "major" events.  Yes there are small casual events that are more like "happenings", and they are fun.  However, that is not what most folks expect of your organization.

In your response, you said to call you.  I did just that, several weeks ago and you did not return my call.  I also left a message with Mike, and again, no response.  My phone messages were very clear about why the calls were placed.

I probably should not post this when I am so upset, but I have tried every constructive way I know of to get you folks to give us the details and you don't even have the courtesy to respond and when you finally do, it is a rather sarcastic response (even with the smiley face).

If you want to call me, my number is three zero three 478 3501

Jim

« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 11:02:36 PM by rv_safetyman » Logged

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
luvrbus

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 08:22:09 AM »

Jim, thank you for the post Mike knows he can do better than this
skipn

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 08:48:10 AM »

Jim,

Of course you are invited north a mere 618 miles in Aug.
 Best vendor space pricing around.........free
 slip costs are on you though Smiley

Hopefully I'll be able to make the Caverns next year Smiley

Skip
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 10:00:30 AM »

I thought I should clarify my last post.  I referred to a related thread.  That thread is:  http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=7058.0

I brought that thread to the top again, so that folks will get some of the background as to why I posted so negatively in this thread.

Dennis, please read the referenced thread and you will begin to understand why I (and many others) are so frustrated.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Songman

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2008, 07:34:48 PM »

I was talking to my Eagle friends that live down south of me and they are still hoping to go to the Caverns. I think some people will show up but I think attendance will be down from what it would have been. I read the magazine every month from cover to cover and I agree that all that was in there was an ad for the dates and location but no information or sign-up forms at all.

My opinion is that the best thing to do when a mistake is made is to admit it and apologize instead of trying to sound all cocky and placing the blame on the very people who you depend on for your business. I could be wrong but that is just my opinion.
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

ready to run with the big dogs

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 11:47:32 AM »

I wonder how the new editor and Mak would feel about this whole thing if we all just ignored it when it's time to renew  YOU THINK A DIFFERENT ATTITUDE !!

Larry Higuera

Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
luvrbus

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2008, 03:38:08 PM »

Guys, I saw where Dennis (writgchef) was on the board from 11:08 till 11:39 and didn't bother to answer any questions about this rally 
fwiw
Songman

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2008, 05:16:07 PM »

OK>.. Just for my own personal knowledge in case I missed something...

- Is there a sign-up form somewhere?
- Is there an activities itinerary somewhere?
- Is there anything other than the date and location listed anywhere?
   The website of the campground doesn't count because they don't have anything about the rally listed.

I just want to know for my own benefit if I missed it somewhere.
Merlin-PV

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2008, 07:28:00 PM »

Let us not forget sometime back when mike canceled  a big promtion in sacremento at the last moment, cost some of us a big chunk of change (could of cared less on his part) this just shows how much he cares now!!!
luvrbus

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2008, 08:11:21 AM »

Merlin,  glad I am not the only one that remembers that show

Let us not forget sometime back when mike canceled  a big promtion in sacremento at the last moment, cost some of us a big chunk of change (could of cared less on his part) this just shows how much he cares now!!!
[/quote]
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2008, 10:58:43 AM »

Merlin,  glad I am not the only one that remembers that show
[/quote]

I was involved with that outing also. I met up with several nuts up there and we had a small gathering at a local company of some kind. I do not remember the details but we did have a good time.

Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2008, 11:00:44 AM »

Luke, Obi-Wan was wise to make other plans...

Caverns is OFF:

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=7484.0

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 11:21:58 AM by Sean » Logged

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2008, 07:31:49 PM »

There has been obviously very little planning on this years Caverns rally, the level of intrest shown by Mike has been zilch, now his henchmen are trying to pick up the pieces and running in different directions. Now the flag says "caverns is off off off'
WHAT A FARCE.>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
Dreamscape

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2008, 08:08:53 PM »

I'm sorry that this rally did not work out.

I realize most everyone is unhappy with how the rally outcome has went. I agree that only the dates were posted with no additional information.
I just think it is unfair to condemn a guy who fell flat on his face not knowing what his circumstances were.
It takes tremendous planning and many hours of hard work.

It would have nice if the truth came out on why it was cancelled. Also the fact that so many of you guys tried to communicate your concern with the powers at be and the response was too little too late.

I hope a lesson was learned and maybe if they consider one for next year that the plan would be finished before posting anything. Our little mini rallys do not require so much to put together, one with a larger scale would require a PLAN.

Good Luck,

Paul
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: