Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 09:46:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any idea where I can get an AutoCad version of my bus?  (Read 1595 times)
TrevorH

Ignore
« on: February 08, 2008, 11:05:59 AM »

I have a basic version of AutoCad and I am going to use it to design my bus(elec, plumbing, waste, layout, etc).  It would save me ALOT of time if I could somehow get a saved copy of the bus in its stock form.  Any idea where this could be obtained?

1987 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 5 spd MT
Tucson, AZ
TrevorH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 11:06:25 AM »

sorry, 1987 102A3

Tucson, AZ
Bob Belter

Eagle 01 //Cummins M-11 Roadranger OD RTO1110

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 12:17:36 PM »

Ahoy, Trevor,

I have my -01 Eagle on Autocad.  May not be your bus, but it's a start which you  can modify to fit.

Try Eagle.  They may have files which you can download. 

I can email to you a .dwg file.  Please let me know which ACAD version you are running  rhbelter @comcast.net

Enjoy  /s/  Bob
dolson

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 03:53:40 PM »

Trevor

I Have a 102C3 and looked high and low for an acad drawing with no luck so I did my own.  I would email the file to you and like Bob said it would be a good start, I would need to know your version of acad so I could save the file accordingly.

Doug Olson
Langley, OK
1992 MCI 102C3, 6V92, HT740
http://www.dwolson.com
TrevorH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 03:55:34 PM »

correct me if I'm wrong but I think the body layout of the 102C3 is almost the same. I plan on doing a roof raise anyway.  I will see what version of Cad I have and get back with you.  Thanks guys, that is gonna save me alot of time.

Tucson, AZ
dolson

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 04:10:20 PM »

I think they are close to the same length and width but I belive the standard height is different but you can get the overall height specs from the MCI site.  I have mine drawn at a factory height and with an 8" raise

Doug Olson
Langley, OK
1992 MCI 102C3, 6V92, HT740
http://www.dwolson.com
Sojourner

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 04:58:38 PM »

Can convert most cad files:
http://www.tenlinks.com/CAD/translation/software.htm

Would be nice to have MAK board accept cad drawing into library dept.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 11:04:25 PM »

What Jerry said.  File of conversion dwgs that is accessable by members.  Even for a fee, this is a great idea.  Listening MAK?

Thanks, Jerry

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Tim Walsdorf

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 05:19:20 AM »

My bus is a 1985 96A3,I have a floor plan with walls cabinets ect.
I also have a outside drawing of my bus that I used to put different color schemes into for my paint job.
can save in any version of AutoCad you want. E-mail me and I will send
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 11:45:53 AM »

Save it as a DXF file and import it into any Acad ver ...
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 02:44:02 PM »

This is a most intereting thread and thanks to all that are contributing.  I am not at that point yet but love thinking as I look at my bus in my down time what I want it to look like from the outside to everyone looking at it.  I guess what I am beating the bush here about is, is it possible to put in achieve at this bulletin board or any place views of all buses or near most but have several options to view buses ready for paint in a program that would allow us to draw in designs or paint colors that we can consider for our buses. 

I know this is a big project to even think of but I am talking about Eagles, GMC, MCI's and all of these beauties we own.  But to have a blank view of a bus similar to ours, with views all around each side and end to draw our design graphics on for practice.  A program that will allow us to select the areas of a bus we can make certain colors to see if all blends in well for us.  Having a basic bus design similar to the ones we own could be selected, the bus would be white so we could change the colors as we design.  We could draw in graphics that would be our personal design. 

Perhaps there is a program already available on the market now for painting schemes on vehicles, I am not sure.  But we want a program special for our conversions. 

Having a cad program for the inside for us to design is also as requested here a wonderful idea. 

If I had the knowledge, I would offer this for everyone to have access to and encourage everyone to have a hands on experience of designing their bus conversions on the inside and outside.

Another thought I am having, is the procedure recommended to paint our buses and products to use that are long lasting?   Instructions how to draw graphics on our Conversions?  Paul Lawry is in the process of painting his bus now and I plan to watch carefully any information posted by him on his painting process no matter how complicated or simple it may be.   I know I cannot afford to have anyone put a beautiful professional bus paint scheme together for me. I am sure willing to do my own paint job on my bus and will enjoy doing it with some tips from those with knowledge.  All this information can be catalogued so we can search exactly what part of our conversion we are working on for our conversion paint jobs. 

I know all of this is probably a dreamer's view but we all can benefit from it if the time to prefect any of this above information is possible. 

There is so many questions we can all benefit from the answers from as far as painting preparations, proper use of Bondo and where and when and when not to use it?  Where and when to use fiberglass repairs, (On Metal, plastics or where) as example.  The proper ratio of mixing Bondo and amounts to mix when using so there is not waste etc??  I know I can come up with a lot of questions as you can see and there is a few thousand of us out there this moment.  There is surely going to be many more newbies with similar wants and questions that we can perfect and document with text and photography for steps needed.

I know, I know, dreamer right??  But if anyone has areas I can go to research how to prep my bus for painting please email me if you do not want to respond to this post as I have a real thirst to learn how to do it all to my best ability.

Thanks ahead of time to all for taking the time to send any and all information made available to me or us all if you would.

Gary

Gary
worldexplorer108

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 12:56:49 PM »

I wasn't sure if this was determined or not. But does anyone have a CAD drawling for a 102A3?

If so would it be possible to get a copy? I have AutoCad 2005.

Thanks!!!
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 01:10:30 PM »

OK I'm sorta dumb on tech stuff. So what is AutoCad?If CAD's are what ithink, I'd love to have drawings of the 102A3 & also Setra S215 & S217 models to do floor plan make ups for future projects. But this stuff sounds like it maybe outta my league.
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
rcbishop

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 05:16:00 PM »

Trevor....you are missing a lot of the fun if you don't do it from scratch... Smiley I did, and I am quite sure many others did too.   And the plus is that you know every inch pretty intimately.  Anyway what a great way to spend evenings. Sure beats CSI, etc. Grin Grin Grin

FWIW

RCB
TrevorH

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 07:00:05 PM »

Well this project combined with all of my other 10 plus working 55 hrs a week plus physical training means I am looking for ANYTHING that might save me some time or headache! Embarrassed

Tucson, AZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: