Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 25, 2014, 01:43:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O.T: Does anyone have a carry permit?  (Read 4476 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2008, 01:02:02 PM »

A couple years ago, Florida passed what has been referred to as the "Kill Bill". Essentially the law says you have the right to shoot anyone who forcibly enters your house or vehicle. You cannot be held criminally or civilally liable. Home invasions and car jackings have decreased greatly since the bill became law.  Jack

PS: Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Couldn't be said any plainer or better! Thank you Jack!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2008, 01:05:10 PM »

I hope anyone using BEAR DETERRANT reads the label first. It doesn't work like  mosquito repellant-YOU DON"T APPLY TO  YOUR BODY lol Huh

HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2008, 01:08:00 PM »

I hope anyone using BEAR DETERRANT reads the label first. It doesn't work like  mosquito repellant-YOU DON"T APPLY TO  YOUR BODY lol Huh
I would love to see Bill Engvall's video for his routine "Warning Labels" updated with this one.   Grin Grin Grin
robert

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2008, 03:58:23 PM »

In the bus I always have enough fire power to finish the job. Be safe out there.

Thanks, Robert at www.tamihall.com
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2008, 09:56:00 PM »

I carry a Kel Tek 9 when it has to be locked inside a vehicle...that way if it gets stolen, minimal loss (that's a hell of an attitude?  But society is so screwed up these days you can about expect that your property will be dinked with).  Also carry a Glock 40 or 9 (depends one whether one wishes to have legal 19 round mag) mostly in cool weather since they are a good bit larger frame weapons that require heavier clothing to conceal.  The little Kel Tek is easily concealable and holds 10 rounds.  Like Glocks and other better firearms ( Wink) it doesn't have a safety.  Safetys will get you killed.   These are weapons ready to use.   A Kel-Tec with a round in the chamber is ready to shoot.  Double action. No rack necessary.  Same with a Glock.   
The stopping power of a 40 cal is undebateable, but some 9mm rounds are puny.  Get Plus hollow rounds for carry, but use standard ball ammo for targets. 
Carrying a firearm with an empty chamber, or safety on (which really is a necessity with a round in the chamber of handguns with safeties) is too slow to bare into action.   OK...let the debate begin!   Roll Eyes
I haven't read all of the posts (I will), but regarding firearms in RVs, most states still view RVs as motor vehicles.   Every state has a its own rules regarding firearms and especially short-arms.   Take the time to join Grass-Roots or NRA and you'll find all the info to safely deal with each state...should it become necessary.  A motor home is subject to search and any contraband such as guns and recreational medications (both of which the cop dogs find quite easily)
will get you a felony charge...maybe.  A lot of law enforcement will confiscate the firearm and let folk that were not otherwise involved in criminal activity walk...or ride.  But they can screw you up too.   
Odd laws abound....North Carolina allows handguns to be transported as long as the firearm is visible..on the dash..really visible.  South Carolina require that they be locked up.  This assumes no CC permit.  With a CC you can carry a handgun in a vehicle any way you wish...as long as no alcohol, and you don't violate the host states CC laws.   That's another thing to watch for. 
I carry, and I know in some states we drive through, illegally.  Those are the states where one needs protection.  Most east coast states from Va to Fla have reciprocity.  Those are my favorite states to travel in.   Virginia had some serious anti firearm welcome signs at the borders.  I though that "Project Exile" would be a bad way to spend a good part of my life.  Still, not going bare!  I'm a paranoid old fart!  Angry 
As has been said, "better to be judged by 12..."  is right on in my opinion.  I don't want my family harmed.  Whatever it takes. 
BTW, never carry an undeclared firearm into Mexico or Canada...and you ain't going into either with handguns. 
Always follow the golden rule:  Do unto others...before they do unto you! 
That's my one page answer to a one sentance question!  JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2008, 10:17:17 PM »

This just came to mind:

"Oh, and I don't have an "S" on my chest. I'm down with you cats if the play calls for it, but otherwise... I ain't into violence."

Glenn Fry, Miami Vice, Smugglers Blues.

Sums up my attitudes. Grin

I was going to buy another handgun but I think I've decided on another AK or AR since they may get very expensive and hard to obtain coming up here after an election....another O.T thread though I guess.
Great plinkin' guns though!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 10:19:50 PM by Paladin » Logged

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
Dallas

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2008, 03:31:46 AM »

I have a different technique.

After a few months of spending my Senior class Trip in Beautiful SE Asia, I had the chance to discharge a weapon in anger, self defense and antagonistically, many many times.

Since that time, I've come to have a new respect for human life, even the lives of the scum that really should have been victims of parental sterilization.

I have great faith in the use of a Very (Veri, Verri, Verry) pistol.

While it possible, and highly likely that an attacker inside the bus could be shot with anything from a .22 up to a .50 Desert Eagle and still be able to continue the attack, I defy anyone to continue an attack when they have a burning chunk of phosphorus sticking to their clothes and skin.
After that it's just a decision of whether to call the police or simply slit the perpetrators throat and let it bleed out peacefully.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2008, 06:19:39 AM »

While it possible, and highly likely that an attacker inside the bus could be shot with anything from a .22 up to a .50 Desert Eagle and still be able to continue the attack, I defy anyone to continue an attack when they have a burning chunk of phosphorus sticking to their clothes and skin.
After that it's just a decision of whether to call the police or simply slit the perpetrators throat and let it bleed out peacefully.

I like that idea a lot.  Probably even legal to have on board.  "It's just a flare gun in case I get lost hiking."
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2008, 10:33:18 AM »

Dallas.....you are gonna burn your bus down...or up...however buses burn!   Miss the perp and Cat's gonna 'burn' your a$$...!   Shocked  Grin Cheesy Roll Eyes 
For sure, a 12 ga flare pistol should get the attention of any evil-doer!  Grin Grin Grin
I kept a marine emergency signal can (had a 12 ga flare pistol and long timed flares) attached to the doghouse for years. No one ever looked inside the can.  Figured I'd have one opportunity to act stupid (easy for me) if caught with the thing.   This was before firearms were considered vogue.  Hey, it was a plan.
Used to wonder whether engine heat would cause the rounds or flares to ignite...they never did...but I thought about it.  I'm probably lucky to be alive!   Wink
If you're using flare rounds, those things oughta be wasted every couple of years on July 4th, and replaced with new rounds.  I've read that flare rounds age and become unstable...?  Maybe someone knows about this claim? 

Love and peace, JR

« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 10:35:54 AM by NJT5047 » Logged

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
mike davis

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2008, 10:47:54 AM »

I have a different technique.

After a few months of spending my Senior class Trip in Beautiful SE Asia, I had the chance to discharge a weapon in anger, self defense and antagonistically, many many times.

Since that time, I've come to have a new respect for human life, even the lives of the scum that really should have been victims of parental sterilization.

I have great faith in the use of a Very (Veri, Verri, Verry) pistol.

best response yet I think

Dallas if you go through the state of N.Y. you might want to check the laws I think a varry gun is on the handgun list there

mike
Dallas

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2008, 11:00:07 AM »

According to the Coast guard the flares must be replaced within one year of their expiration date. Most flares are rated for a 3 year lifespan.

Interestingly, the easiest way to put out a phosphorus fire is to submerge it in rubbing alcohol, (from what I've been told).
Once the phosphorus is no longer burning, the rest of the fire shouldn't be too hard to extinguish.
It might be fun to pour rubbing alcohol on a burning perp, just as a gesture of good will and human kindness!  Grin

Mike, If they don't ask, I won't tell! Besides, I've been to New York so I don't have any plans present or future to enjoy the facilities of that great state, Home of the Clintons!  Wink
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2008, 11:44:41 AM »

Dallas,

I laughed till I wept.  Wifey thought I had gone round the bend.  "act of human kindness".  Holy Crap!

Hey, I have a CZ 52 that I bought for $112...new, sorta.  It is armory stamped as a "sellect".  My rest targets are milk jugs at 100 yards.  Shoots an 88 grain little 32 (7.62 mm) cal bullet, which ain't much, but it does it at 1,700 ft/sec.  I hold on center for anything out to 100 yards so it doubles as a rifle.  It is the LOUDEST pistol anyone ever heard at the pistol range, or so they say with a pained expression on their face.  Recoil is doable.  I'll leave it to you all to look up the ft pounds of energy that tiny bullet has.  Now it will,  I learned this after my purchase, defeat light body armor.  Imagine the look on the well dressed perp's face when he discovers that salient fact.  It is, sad to say, the ugliest pistol EVER made but the Hoag gripps dress it up.

Do I carry that CZ with me?  Absolutely NOT!  I just call out for John Law whever I am if there is even the hint of life threatening trouble at a remote campsite or whever.  I also do not carry a shotgun with me either.  Nor a 300 meter target rifle in 6.5 x 55 MM that will keep their heads down at 500 yards.  That isn't a flat shooter but it will group at less than an inch at 100 yards and it is 100 years old.  Ammo is brand new though.

Some of you may wish to take a more agressive stance and more power to you.  To each his own. 

HTH

John "The Liberal"

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2008, 06:16:30 PM »

Gunpowder isn't the only thing that gets less stable with age LOL Cool

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2008, 09:24:40 PM »

PP,

Yeah, pass the word....please.

I had a semi serious verbal confrontation with a hippie type with a pit bull at our local dog park.  Place is full of little Terriers, Poodles and the like.  STUDLY was about to set loose a 95 pound pit that was showing serious behavior issues and which he said had been fought and the massive scars on his head were the proof to me that he was serious.  I quietly informed said Hippie that I would cut his arm off if that monster killed my Terrier.  He said "you are outa yer fxxxing mind you old fuxx".  I replied "That is my point.  You think you are the only lunatic running around loose out here and that isn't true".  Guess he believed me.  He left abruptly with Sudden Death or Blood Bath or whatever he called that thing and half the people present put down their dogs to continue play.  The other half stopped chasing theirs and trying to save them.  That guy had a 12 inch hunting knife on his belt.  Yeah, pass the word....gunpowder isn't the only thing that gets unstable with age. 

In Florida I was told to "WATCH OUT FOR THE BLUE HAIR".  They were talking about the 70 year old women drivers coming home from the beauty shop.  They get a lot of respect, also.

Hope you found this amusing or Huh  Crazy works with some people sometimes.  I have a talent.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2008, 07:47:56 AM »

Dang. I hate to hear that you would consider that psycho a hippie! I have been refered to as a hippie, once or twice,  Roll Eyes (true or not)  Grin and from growing up in the '60's and '70's I would kinda consider them a bit more passive. But then again, a person shouldn't pigeon hole others.
 As an avid lover of dogs (even as I am hurridly writing this, my 6mo. old Blue Heeler, Roo, busted some serious wind and I GOTTA get outta here!!!!!!!!!!) that guy should have probably had a cap busted in his @$# and his dog given to Ceasar Milan for rehabilitation.  Grin (yeah baaaaaby!!!)
  Love to write more but gotta go get some air!!!!!
   Cha

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: