Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 12:59:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: June 06' Centerfold  (Read 1295 times)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« on: May 31, 2006, 03:08:09 PM »

The scenicruiser Looks Kool!

I think they are the neatest looking busses.

Hats off to ya John O'Keefe!!  and nice artical too.

Nick Badame-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 09:24:13 PM »

Hey Nick - I just got my magazine - you are right - that is a beautiful bus!! Scenicruisers are cool - 10 tires! 

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
magmaven

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 02:21:08 PM »

Unfortunately, the June Centerfold accredidation is incorrect. Actually the 1955 Scenicruiser is Dave Randlett's of St. Petersburg, Florida. John O'keefe was the previous months Centerfold (May 06). Sorry for the faux pasóworking diligently to maintain accuracy within the pages of the magazine. Nontheless, it is a beautiful coach.
Editor

gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 04:05:05 PM »

Well, mistakes happen. I expect you'll print a correction in the next issue and give proper credit.

Not that this mistake would necessarily have been caught, but what I've never understood is why you don't enlist some of the members of the bus community to do proofreading on the articles BEFORE they are published. I know you work on a tight budget, and we certainly appreciate the effort, but it sure seems like you'd have a better product if you enlisted some of the community for help. Maybe trade magazine subscription extensions for proofreading efforts, etc.

I can't wait to get my copy to see the cruiser.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 06:04:24 PM »

Well, mistakes happen. I expect you'll print a correction in the next issue and give proper credit.

Not that this mistake would necessarily have been caught, but what I've never understood is why you don't enlist some of the members of the bus community to do proofreading on the articles BEFORE they are published. I know you work on a tight budget, and we certainly appreciate the effort, but it sure seems like you'd have a better product if you enlisted some of the community for help. Maybe trade magazine subscription extensions for proofreading efforts, etc.

I can't wait to get my copy to see the cruiser.

Gumpy, I volunteered directly to Mike many years ago when the magazine first started. I volunteered to help do the proof reading, which at that time was non existent at best. I actually took one of the first issues and counted over 60 typos plus all the other errors of sentences or paragraphs left out. I do not know why, but he never took me up on the offer. It continued like that for many months/years until he went thru a couple or three editors. This was probably before the time of Word and spell check and other programs to help do this.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: