Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 09:56:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is the board so slow?  (Read 1866 times)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 08:04:19 PM »

... They state my contract back to me and say.. TOUGH!

That's one reason I chose an Internet solution that doesn't have contracts.  Sign into a contract and they have no incentive to keep you satisfied.

Yeah.. US billionaires can get a "no contract" satellite internet connection...NOT!!!!

If anyone can find one that doesn't break the bank on up front costs and downstream costs let me know... It hasn't happened as far as I know...Not in this lifetime anyway.

Probably not on satellite systems, but I am using a wireless broadband connection.  I'm not sure how coverage would be out in your area.  But when your contract runs out, you might want to study the possibilities.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 08:11:51 PM »

I have this problem from time to time and I am on cable.

I have found that if I hit the stop loading this page button and then hit the reload current page button it reloads almost instantly. I only wait for a few seconds and if it does not load then I take this action.

Richard
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 08:16:24 PM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 09:32:10 PM »

It may a little thing called "cache" When you load a page it opens a bunch of
files and additional links like google ads and more.

Your computer may be holding things back due to a cache delay while files are being created and written and then reloaded to the display.

Not so much of a problem if you have a fast computer and lots of available memory
but there are days that things just drag and drag...

As for the Wireless Broadband.. Tried that, Small discovery. There are NO and I repeat NO cell signals down here in my valley. With a repeater I could get signal but speeds were generally not all that great due to signal degradation.

It worked great when I was on the road in places that had signal.

I live in a place that they haven't invented cabletv here yet, Nor city water, gas and most other conveniences. Well.. Wait, Up on the Hill they have it all.

It took almost 2 months to get electric power lines and 2 months to get a phone line here. DSL is available but only well after I got wildblue.

Ahh... Well.....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 09:48:27 PM »

I live in a place that they haven't invented cabletv here yet, Nor city water, gas and most other conveniences. Well.. Wait, Up on the Hill they have it all.

It took almost 2 months to get electric power lines and 2 months to get a phone line here. DSL is available but only well after I got wildblue.

Ahh... Well.....

Well, Dave, back when you were contemplating moving to Tennessee, I tried to get you to come to the Chattanooga area.   Wink Grin
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: