Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 27, 2014, 10:17:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: August 11th, 12th, and 13th Rally in Delaware... TODAY ***WELCOME***  (Read 14045 times)
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 07:33:13 PM »

Ross,

I would try and come accross the Tappin Z Bridge, than down the Garden State Parkway, Than you can choose to go Either N.J.Turnpike to Delaware Memorial Bridge.

Or Stay on the Garden State Parkway to Cape May, Lewes Ferry. 1-1/4 hr ferry ride, than your 15 min to Bruces.

Nick-

I thought the Garden State Parkway and NJ turnpike had all sorts of restictions on big rigs. I used to make that run all the time when I was living in NC.  The ferry would be fun.  What would the fare be for a 40' bus.  Maybe I'll get a ferry all to myself. Smiley 
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 07:44:46 PM »

Mapquest still puts me on 95 through NYC.  I think any other route would add hours to the trip.  Am I over reacting?  I mean, tractor trailers run 95 through NYC.  How bad is it really?  I'd probably plan on leaving late afternoon, get through NYC after rush hour, catch some zzzz's in a truckstop and head on the DE.  This will be the first long distance trip for my bus so I want to take it easy and take my time.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 07:56:12 PM »

Ross,

All my trips to CT. I always use the Tappin Z, it might be longer but, the time factor is shorter [traffic NYC]

There is no restrictions anymore for towed vehicles [ thats the only restrictions that were in place] in N.J.

The Ferry will run you $54.00 for your bus. If you time it right, you can meet up with me at exit 13 GSP and we can cross together.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 08:37:10 PM »

Ross,

All my trips to CT. I always use the Tappin Z, it might be longer but, the time factor is shorter [traffic NYC]

There is no restrictions anymore for towed vehicles [ thats the only restrictions that were in place] in N.J.

The Ferry will run you $54.00 for your bus. If you time it right, you can meet up with me at exit 13 GSP and we can cross together.

Nick-

That's probably doable.  Isnt't there a toll booth about every 100 yards on the GSP?  How is that going to be with three axles and a toad?  It's been a while, but I seem to remember that is was not at all "large Vehicle" freindly.  The last trip I made was in 1991 with a 28' box truck towing a 38 foot Fountain and I got pulled over a number of times and hastled at just about every toll booth.  I never got a ticket, just questioned more on the truck than the boat.  The only boat related questions were things like "How fast is that?" or "How much fuel does it burn?". 

Taking the ferry into consideration, maybe I'll leave the toad at home.  Shouldn't need it for this relatively short weekend trip...Unless I decide to keep going south after the rally to look at property.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2006, 08:44:16 PM »

Ross, Your Wrong.

It's every 50 yards! Ha! Ha!

The GSP is Bus/ Motor Home Friendly Now! I have EZ Pass and I just take one from my car and use it in the Bus all the time!! Don't tell...

A 38 Fountain is a Kool Boat!!!  If you don't take the toad, we will have lots of transportation at Bruces!

Nick-

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
bruceknee

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 03:03:04 AM »

Bring the fountain, bring the fountain. I would personally try and avoid rush hour traffic. Plan to get through the city in the middle of the day or the middle of the night. Then take a nap. I used to drive a big truck north all the time (some of the time) and other than traffic there is  no problem with the city.
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 03:33:28 AM »

Ross,
Next Saturday Iíll be heading to Maine.
With the route I take from here, itís 5 hours to Maine.
Hereís the route= NJ287 to Ny 87 to 84 to 90(Mass turnpike) to 290 to NH495, thatís it done.
Coming south this way the only toll is 1 exit on the Mass turnpike.
No NYC traffic.
You can run Nj287 back to the parkway and cut out at least Ĺ the tolls.
Nick what time are you catching the ferry?
 Grin

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 03:41:33 AM »

Ed and Ross,

I think I'll either leave Thursday PM or Fri Am Huh Not sure Yet......  Let me know your thoughts!

Nick-

Ross

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2006, 04:52:42 AM »

Bring the fountain, bring the fountain.

Ah, the good 'ol days...back when money was growing on trees and I was young(er), stupid and not worried at all about retirement.  That boat had triple 525SC mercs with #6 speedmasters.  I remember spending over $2000 in fuel one weekend on a poker run in Maine.  Those were late 1980's fuel prices.  I sold the Fountain in the early 90's.
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2006, 05:35:51 AM »

Ross,
Next Saturday Iíll be heading to Maine.
With the route I take from here, itís 5 hours to Maine.
Hereís the route= NJ287 to Ny 87 to 84 to 90(Mass turnpike) to 290 to NH495, thatís it done.
Coming south this way the only toll is 1 exit on the Mass turnpike.
No NYC traffic.
You can run Nj287 back to the parkway and cut out at least Ĺ the tolls.
Nick what time are you catching the ferry?
 Grin

That's the route I remember taking from NC to ME....Except now I'll just take 91 > Mass Pike > 84 > 684 > 87 > GSP.  Flying is soooo much easier. Smiley
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 05:38:21 AM »

Ed and Ross,

I think I'll either leave Thursday PM or Fri Am Huh Not sure Yet......  Let me know your thoughts!

Nick-

I'll probably leave early and take my time.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 11:25:58 AM »

Ross,

Mabe we can all meet at my place thurs nite, You, me, Ed Sciba, and anyone else who wants to. Than we'll have a Party on the Ferry!! Fri Morn.

That would be a great Photo!

Nick-
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 07:44:56 PM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Ross

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 05:28:40 PM »

Sounds like Ed is out, but I'm game.† Too soon to be making plans anyway.† The sky could fall between now and then...Or worse, my bus might be broke down.† I still have some plumbing and the floors to do... Plus I'm working on the house full time for the next 3 weeks to get it ready to go on the market.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 07:46:43 PM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006, 07:07:24 PM »

Sounds like Ed is out, but I'm game.† Too soon to be making plans anyway.† The sky could fall between now and then...Or worse, my bus might be broke down.† I still have some plumbing and the floors to do... Plus I'm working on the house full time for the next 3 weeks to get it ready to go on the market.
>
Sounds like Ed is out, but I'm game.† No, I'm ready to go Friday night after work & school.
Nick you spelled my name wrong,
If I drive down it will be less hours than taking the ferry, They want you there an hour before departure ( mirror check and dog sniffing) and then a 1-1/2 hour boat ride.
Maybe on the way back ,Just to say I did it and see some Dolphins.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 03:16:39 AM by Ednj » Logged

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 07:40:00 PM »

Ed,

Sorry,

I make reservations and pull up 10 mins before departure, No problem.

I think I've been on the big boat 12 times allready this year. Koo Koo, I Know!!!  But, I live 10 min's from it.

Nick-

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: