Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 16, 2014, 12:32:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: August 11th, 12th, and 13th Rally in Delaware... TODAY ***WELCOME***  (Read 13699 times)
Homegrowndiesel
Vegetable oil, Rudolf Diesel's original fuel

73-05 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2006, 08:53:22 PM »

Hey Jerry, hope you & Linda can make it. Sorry no email yet Nick, talked to Bruce today, plans sound good, might see you for the tree trimming party! Can't wait to see the progress on everyones busses.

Bill   

Aerodynamic Eagle & MCI 102a3
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2006, 07:49:49 PM »

Ok Guy's, The plans are set!

Check out the first post of this thread!  Let the fun begin.........

Nick-

« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 07:55:56 PM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2006, 03:53:15 AM »

The first post also has Directions pasted to it!

The Rally of the North East! Easy to get to!!

Nick-

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Dallas

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2006, 07:50:00 AM »

Bruce and Nick!
Two things I want to ask about.
1.) Is there a cost for this get together? or is it on a donation only type setup. I don't feel right about enjoying the largesse unless we have our part paid into it to help defray the costs.

2.) Since this is on the Chesapeake, where is the blue crab feed? and the clam bake and the crab cakes?
Now my tummy's hungry!

I shouldn't have been thinking about it this early!

Dallas

Delaware Rally set for August 11th, 12th, & 13th.    Near the Beach at Bruce Knee's Place.

Hosts:  Bruce Knee, Nick Badame, and some help from Bill & Roberta Glenn

Rally Discription:  Dry camping, Large grass area for Rally for 20+ coaches.
                           Fresh water on site, Ice on site, and indoor gathering area.

EVENTS:

Friday, 8/11
               Early arrivals welcome, Pool Party all afternoon.
5:30pm    Fish and Chips, Burgers.
8:00pm    Desserts and Drinks,  Bon Fire, Camp Music, Story Telling.

Saturday, 8/12
8:00am     Coffee & Donuts
10:00am   Square Table Talk, [no round table available]
                Swap Meet, Local trip to Assatigue Barrier Island, or Boardwalk.
                Options within 5 mi's: Outlets, Rohobeth Beach, Cape May Lewes Ferry, Fine Dining, Horse Racing.
11:00am    Pool Party all afternoon
12:00pm    Lunch on your own.
 5:30pm     Roasted Pork and Chicken Feast, Bring a side plate!!
 8:00pm     Wine Tasting and Desserts, Bon Fire, Camp Music, Story Telling.

Sunday, 8/13
 8:00am     Coffee & Donuts
 11:00am    Fishing Tornament with prizes for the biggest and the most fish.[catch and release unless it's 28" rockfish]
                 Pool Party all afternoon.
 12:00pm    Leftovers for lunch
  3:00pm     Wind down the weekend, Say Goodbye's, Back to reality!

Directions:
From the north- 95 south into Delaware, exit 4 which is rt. 1 south. In Dover, rt.1 will turn into rt. 113/1, continue south, when rt.1 and rt.113 split, stay left on rt.1. turn right on rt.9 (about 45 min. from Dover). There is a Lowes on the corner. Turn left at the 4th. light onto rt.30. Go 1 mile and turn left onto Hollis rd. 6th house on the left side, turn into the first driveway and follow to the back.
From the Balt/ DC. area- 50 east across the bay bridge, when rt. 50 and rt. 301 split, stay right on rt. 50. Turn left onto rt.404. Shortly after you go through the town of Denton, turn left onto rt. 16. Continue on rt. 16 through the towns of Greenwood and Ellendale. Do not speed through those 2 towns unless you want to contribute to the new police car fund. After you go through Ellendale, turn right at the next light. The sign will say alt. 5, there is a liquor store on the corner at the light. Continue on through the next traffic light which is rt.9. 1 mile and turn left onto Hollis rd.
From the south, 95 north to 495/95 north to rt. 50 east ---follow DC directions
or
rt.58 east towards Virginia Beach, follow signs to Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. Rt. 13 north to Pocomoke city, turn right onto rt. 113. Stay on rt 113 until you come into Millsboro. turn right onto rt. 24. (there is a Wawa on the corner) as you leave town, you will cross a small bridge. Just past the bridge, turn left onto rt. 30. About 8 miles on the left side look for Wilsons Store, they sell hotdogs and guns there. 1 mile past the store, turn right onto Hollis rd.

bruceknee

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2006, 01:44:19 PM »

Crabs are do-able for sure, as we get a little closer and know how many will be here. I would be glad to pick some crabs. It's a little early in the season to find out crab prices though.
Donations will work, for the first annual Delaware rally.
 Smiley I made an agreement with my bus, if it couldn't go to a rally, I'd bring a rally to it.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2006, 02:18:47 PM »

By August, the Chesapeake Blue Claw crabs Should be the right size for good eating!! Yummy......

That is, as long as the we don't see any major storms to sweep em away!

Donations are fine but, Not required. Come and have lot's of fun, food, and meet lot's of bus nuts.

If anyone needs any info about the area, I'll try to post some more.

Nick-

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2006, 02:26:38 PM »

What about Oysters? Used to love to go to the little oyster shacks and get a 1/2 bushel to eat raw dipped in drawn (melted) butter. Does anything like that even exist anymore?
Richard

By August, the Chesapeake Blue Claw crabs Should be the right size for good eating!! Yummy......

That is, as long as the we don't see any major storms to sweep em away!

Donations are fine but, Not required. Come and have lot's of fun, food, and meet lot's of bus nuts.

If anyone needs any info about the area, I'll try to post some more.

Nick-

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2006, 04:47:15 PM »

Richard,

Are you Kidding Me!      We live off Oysters! 

There are more Oyster Festivals around the Delmarva area then anywhere!

Nick-

Homegrowndiesel
Vegetable oil, Rudolf Diesel's original fuel

73-05 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2006, 08:30:39 PM »

Hey Bruce you missed the kicking of tires and tinkering! Nick hopefully we get to see that new paint job. Speaking of new paint jobs I saw the pictures of 1 side of Bruces MCI, can't wait to see the whole enchalada, as well as the progress on Walts MCI.
See you all there

Bill

Aerodynamic Eagle & MCI 102a3
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2006, 06:18:54 AM »

Where do I sign up?

Many years ago (50?) I was in SC and used to go up the coast north of Georgetown to a little oyster shack. Was really only a shack with picnic tables with a square hole cut out in the middle. Would get a peck of steamed oysters and a cool one and sit there and shuck the oysters, dip them in butter and down they went. The shells thru the hole in the table to a wash tub.

Are those type of places still in existence? As I recall they had a big steel plate with a wood fire underneath. Would throw the oysters on the plate and cover them with a wet gunnysack for a few minutes till they steamed open a bit.

Sometimes there was a little boy around that we could give a nickle to and he would shuck them for us!

Good times!
Richard

Richard,

Are you Kidding Me!      We live off Oysters! 

There are more Oyster Festivals around the Delmarva area then anywhere!

Nick-
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 07:36:02 AM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2006, 07:21:43 AM »

Richard,

Boy, you are missing alot living out there in W.V.  I'll jot your name down!

This weekend, I'm gonna be the shucker for my Masonic Lodge's Annual seafood fest. I'm sure I'll be eatin almost as many as I'll be shuckin!

Nick-

JerryH

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2006, 08:24:07 PM »

Hey Bill & Roberta:

Yup, Linda and I will be there (kids too!).  Looking forward to seeing you both.  Guessing you're not coming to N.S.  We had to pull the plug on taking our coach due to fuel $$$.  With all of our projects going on here -- we're bleeding money.  By the by ... installed a peat filtered septic system.  Nice low profile drainfield.  See you in DE.

Jerry

Hey Jerry, hope you & Linda can make it. Sorry no email yet Nick, talked to Bruce today, plans sound good, might see you for the tree trimming party! Can't wait to see the progress on everyones busses.

Bill   
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2006, 09:49:05 AM »

Hi Jerry,

Were glad your comming! Looking forward to meeting you.

Nick-

brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2006, 05:57:43 AM »

[tr]that sounds like something i might be interested in. i wont have a bus yet ofcourse but i would love to come down and see all the buses and get input from you guys.  [/tr]

Hey Coachcrazy, you won't be the only one there without a bus.  This one is pretty close to me, so I am coming too and bringing my son (little Jr busnut) with me.  Maybe we can get someone to fire one up so we can take a little ride.

Jimmy

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
bruceknee

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2006, 06:33:24 AM »

The water has gone away, I was wondering if I should stock my yard with fish
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: