Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 06:46:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We are OTR NW Arkansas and need a good shop  (Read 4975 times)
dolson

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 02:48:25 PM »

John

About an hour from you is Cabin Diesel service in Big Cabin, OK, they do a lot of work on coaches. The owners name is Trace 918-783-5529

Doug Olson
Langley, OK
1992 MCI 102C3, 6V92, HT740
http://www.dwolson.com
luvrbus

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 03:03:53 PM »

John, these are old numbers but may work for you

northwest ark truck  800-495-4551  springdale 

meris bus 800-776-2429    van buren   

If all else fails I know of one in Tulsa OK
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 04:34:01 PM »

Holiday Coach Lines Inc.
Springdale,AK
800-442-9339
After hours - 479-750-3440
Info from my Bus Garage Index - I am not affiliated with,or know anything about them.
Hope it might help.
John Z
1959 GM PD-4104 4139 Northern Minnesota

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 05:18:23 PM »

What and AWESOME resource this list is!!! You guys are great! OK, the little elec compressor is working great! I think if i had to i could drive all the rest of the trip this way, , except for the cost of running the genset all the time. I was disparate to get off that freeway shoulder Dallas, and i had the compressor almost hooked up when you wrote, so i just boggied south. We are now heading west on I-40 and have stopped in Fort Smith for the night. Tomorrow i am going to pull the governor and see if the compressor is pumping air or not. If it is the governor i should be able to track one down tomorrow and swap it. If it is the compressor, i think i will take my time and get on the road to southern tx. So if i need it tomorrow, i will ask for names of a good shop from the Dallas area south to McAllen that can replace or repair it. Thanks everyone for your quick help,,, it is very much appreciate.  ps - just got an email from home, and although it is only 49 degrees here right now, that is 50 degrees warmer than the blowing snow they have at home!

Custom patches, caps, t-shirts, lapel pins etc since 1994.
Silver Brook Custom Embroidery and Patches
www.silverbrook-mn.com

"Now I Know Why Turtles Look So Smug"
Dallas

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 05:37:40 PM »

John, a D-2 air governor will cost about $20. a 7/16" a 1/2" and a 9/16" wrench should be all you need to change it
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2008, 05:42:12 PM »

I agree with Dallas. Stick on a new governor and if it solves the problem, great. If you have to get an exchange compressor you will need the new governor anyway to put on the exchange.
luvrbus

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2008, 06:05:44 PM »

John, there's 2 large napa stores in Ft Smith that will have a governor by the way it's 76 degrees in McAllen right now
John Z

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2008, 06:18:16 PM »

Thanks, guys, i have all the tools i will need to change out the governor, and like you said, i will probable need it either way. Luvrbus - well this high 40's feels pretty good to us. It was 4 degrees for most of the minnesota and iowa drive last night, and believe me, i have found lots of air leaks that will need attention. If any of you want to discover where the air is infiltrating, come on up when the temp is in the single digits. A short drive will point them all out to you. Thanks again guys! I will let you know tomorrow what happens. Now it is time for supper, than a few cocktails and a movie!

www.silverbrook-mn.com

gus

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2008, 07:58:29 PM »

If it is your air comp governor you can get that repaired at any truck shop. It is a very simple replacement if you have a regular truck type gov.

I had an oddball gov on my 4104 and still managed to replumb it to make the newer type work. The gov was only $20.

When mine failed the 150psi every few minutes pretty much freaked me out, I still can't believe noting on my ancient one blew out.

There is a bus company in LR,  Arrow Stage Lines 800-632-3679.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Don4107

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2008, 08:21:16 PM »

John Z,

If it is not the governor and the compressor is self destructing be aware that the bits and pieces end up in the engine oil/crankcase. 

Good luck,

Don 4107

Don 4107 Eastern Washington
1975 MCI 5B
1966 GM PD 4107 for sale
1968 GMC Carpenter
John Z

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2008, 07:45:51 AM »

Good morning all. Just sitting here having morning coffee. Slept in this morning. The sound of a gentle rain was conducive to being lazy. After all, i am on vacation. After some breakfast i will dig out a rain coat and get the governor off and test the compressor. Don, i appreciate the tip about the bits and pieces dropping into the oil,,, i sure hope that is not going on, but will chk for it if i get that far. First order of business is to figure out where i am parked right now and track down a parts store. Enjoy the day!

www.silverbrook-mn.com

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2008, 08:53:54 AM »

I looked under and around the bus and could hear no leaks. It dropped to about 50 pounds and pretty much stayed there. After hooking up my elec compressor the air came up and is holding well. So i think it is the compressor. I doubt the coupling failed cause i could feel it was still turning over.

Browns RV does not have mechanics, but they gave me directions to a couple truck stops at Springdale, so am heading down there.

Any other shops who could replace or whatever the comp between here and south TX would be appreciated to hear about them. Thanks.

This would indicate to me that the compressor is not defective. At least the coupling is not broke.

Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
John Z

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2008, 09:29:43 AM »

Richard, i am guessing the drop to 50 was caused by using the brakes. When i pulled over it was about 50 pounds. As i sat there on the shoulder of the road with the engine running, it just stayed around 50. I took this to mean there were not any major leaks, but also that the compressor was not making any air. OK,, i am coffee logged and cannot put it off any longer, and the rain has pretty much let up. so it is time to pull off the governor.

www.silverbrook-mn.com

John Z

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2008, 09:44:43 AM »

OK, it does not look like it is the governor. No air coming out of the third hole. Hmmm, i doubt i can get anyone to look at it on a Sat, so will probably try driving a bit further.

www.silverbrook-mn.com

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2008, 10:06:47 AM »

Richard, i am guessing the drop to 50 was caused by using the brakes. When i pulled over it was about 50 pounds. As i sat there on the shoulder of the road with the engine running, it just stayed around 50. I took this to mean there were not any major leaks, but also that the compressor was not making any air. OK,, i am coffee logged and cannot put it off any longer, and the rain has pretty much let up. so it is time to pull off the governor.

I agree. If you do not have any leaks the pressure would stay up. Sounds like you have a good air tight system.

Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: