Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
November 18, 2017, 10:50:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vacuums?  (Read 3232 times)
ladyEagle

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 02:31:02 PM »

Are Eagle bays larger than most buses I measured our Nutone central vac its 30" tall 11" in diameter 4" clearance on the top and 2" on the bottom and no trouble to remove the can that is 16" tall where the bag is placed.This is a home central vac system.  Go to this link www.thinkvacuums.com and it will have a central vac that will work for some of you guys
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 02:57:56 PM by ladyEagle » Logged
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 03:42:31 PM »

Nick, that vacuum looks very compact and could be mounted inside the coach. Do you have idea of price?
Lloyd

Hi Lloyd,
Check my web site under products cataloge
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 04:26:01 PM »

Are Eagle bays larger than most buses I measured our Nutone central vac its 30" tall 11" in diameter 4" clearance on the top and 2" on the bottom and no trouble to remove the can that is 16" tall where the bag is placed.This is a home central vac system.  Go to this link www.thinkvacuums.com and it will have a central vac that will work for some of you guys

The Nutone systems must be a little shorter than the Hayden system I have here at home.  The Hayden is 34" tall which really pushes the limit for bay height by the time you have clearance on top for the ventilation and clearance to remove the dust bin.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 09:31:04 AM »

I've spent way too much $ on vaccums, still can't get it right.  I started with my old sears shop vac.  great suction, 2" hose, will suck up a shop rag or any small mammal if you're not careful.  Way too big to drag through the bus, hose is tool short to do much with it.

Next I got one of those hang on the wall with a long hose.  The hose was not quite long enough, and the power sucked (not enough).

Next I bought a backpack vaccum from Lowes, and while pretty good, it does have its draw backs.  The cord is just a little too short for me to go from end to end.  The backpack idea is great, but between me and pack its still a little bulky and I run into stuff while trying to get to all the places I need to. (or I'm too fat, or my aisle is too narrow) The kiss of death came when I lightly bumped it and it opened up, spilling all the dirt from the previous 6 months all over my front cartpet, part of my drivers seat, my laptop etc.  Very frustrating, and never again!

The Dometic seems like its just a re badged Intervac, web page is
http://www.intervacdesign.com/category/1&CFID=205425&CFTOKEN=36454487/Vacuums.htm  It looks like a nice vaccum but not exactly what I was looking for.

The dirt devil seems a little less expensive, better specs. I just ordered the Dirt Devil RV central vac.  Camping World has it for $410, reduced to $332, or $299 for being a club member.  I bought it for $250 from RV upgrade with all attachments.  hopefullly its good, I'll keep you posted.  http://www.rvupgradestore.com/

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 02:35:55 PM »

Hi Jim,

Dometic owns Eletrolux. They devloped this vacuum about 15 years ago.

Dometic has now sold the mfg. rights and sales leads to Intervac out of Florida.

All parts now go through Intervac.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: