Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 01:01:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PD4501- 599 Kingman, AZ, I got it YEA!!!!!  (Read 3969 times)
Dreamscape

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2008, 12:25:52 PM »

I must be an idiot because I bought our Eagle on eBay in 2003. The owner was very honest and up front regarding the condition. I did not even have to send him a deposit. After flying out to Ohio from California and meeting him, checked out the bus, took her out for a spin and handed him a certified bank check. Before I handed him the check he said "If you don't want the bus that's OK".

I understand that not everyone will have a good experience, but some do. I was lucky to have been one of them.

I do not ever regret the purchase. I believe I go a fair deal, in fact I think I got a great deal.

You just have to be careful and use common sense in all dealings. Communication is the key in making a decision.

FWIW,

Happy Trails,

Paul
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2008, 01:48:30 PM »

Seems to me the OP was happy with the price when he entered the header for this thread.  I'm not sure what's changed.  Like someone else has already said - you made the deal, pay the man (or woman) and get on with life.

As far as expecting any assistance from ebay goes - - don't.  I've bought a lot of stuff on ebay and sold a little too.  Have had one incident in I don't know how many years of dealing there and it was clear that ebay had no interest whatsoever in helping to get a resolution.  Fortunately I had paid with my credit card. 

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2008, 01:53:39 PM »

Well I don't know both sides of this story so it's easy to speculte who dod what when & where, as a matter of fact that's the only thing that can be done!
Now what I do know is I have bought 2 buses, 1 limo, 1 rebuilder special pick up (fancy term for severly wrecked LOL!), & 1 bad *** pick up truck on ebay, 3 tow trucks (these are my big ticket items) and many smaller items! I have also sold a bus, 2 tow trucks and many smaller items, and to this day I have never had a problem with either the sellers, buyers or even Ebay. I never sent a deposit before showing up with cash or cashiers checks in hand to inspect and complete the deals. Before bidding I explained thru the ebay contact seller link that this was my standard way of doing business, and asked if they had any problems with me bringing a cashiers check or cash at time of inspection to either finish or terminate the deal if it was not what was advertised (condition, etc.). Every time I asked I was very quickly told that would be fine! So far I have had great results in dealing this way. If a seller is honest, they will not object at all to this plan. If the seller refuses to accept this way of dealing, IT IS BUYER BEWARE & you should be ready to accept what ever loss you experience if you continue to deal with a seller such as this. FWIW JMHO Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
mike davis

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2008, 07:11:17 PM »

Well I don't know both sides of this story so it's easy to speculte who dod what when & where, as a matter of fact that's the only thing that can be done!
Now what I do know is I have bought 2 buses, 1 limo, 1 rebuilder special pick up (fancy term for severly wrecked LOL!), & 1 bad *** pick up truck on ebay, 3 tow trucks (these are my big ticket items) and many smaller items! I have also sold a bus, 2 tow trucks and many smaller items, and to this day I have never had a problem with either the sellers, buyers or even Ebay. I never sent a deposit before showing up with cash or cashiers checks in hand to inspect and complete the deals. Before bidding I explained thru the ebay contact seller link that this was my standard way of doing business, and asked if they had any problems with me bringing a cashiers check or cash at time of inspection to either finish or terminate the deal if it was not what was advertised (condition, etc.). Every time I asked I was very quickly told that would be fine! So far I have had great results in dealing this way. If a seller is honest, they will not object at all to this plan. If the seller refuses to accept this way of dealing, IT IS BUYER BEWARE & you should be ready to accept what ever loss you experience if you continue to deal with a seller such as this. FWIW JMHO Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle

that is what I'll offer

I'll be in AZ within 10 days The ice storms are the only thing stopping me from leavening MO

mike
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2008, 05:23:52 AM »

Now what I do know is I have bought 2 buses, 1 limo, 1 rebuilder special pick up (fancy term for severly wrecked LOL!), & 1 bad *** pick up truck on ebay, 3 tow trucks (these are my big ticket items) and many smaller items! I have also sold a bus, 2 tow trucks and many smaller items, and to this day I have never had a problem with either the sellers, buyers or even Ebay. I never sent a deposit before showing up with cash or cashiers checks in hand to inspect and complete the deals. Before bidding I explained thru the ebay contact seller link that this was my standard way of doing business, and asked if they had any problems with me bringing a cashiers check or cash at time of inspection to either finish or terminate the deal if it was not what was advertised (condition, etc.). Every time I asked I was very quickly told that would be fine! So far I have had great results in dealing this way. If a seller is honest, they will not object at all to this plan. If the seller refuses to accept this way of dealing, IT IS BUYER BEWARE & you should be ready to accept what ever loss you experience if you continue to deal with a seller such as this. FWIW JMHO Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle

that is what I'll offer

I'll be in AZ within 10 days The ice storms are the only thing stopping me from leavening MO

mike

Mike, I think it's a little late to make this offer to the seller as the deal has already been made. This offer should be made before any bidding has taken place so if the seller does not agree you then move on to a different bus.

WVaNative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2008, 09:26:10 PM »

Mike, where do you stand on this now?

Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2008, 09:18:08 AM »

Guys, I can already see where this is going... Not a good sign...

Usually when people start flip-flopping things can only go from bad to worse.

I probably wouldn't be far from wrong if the whole mess just blows up or
Mike in his exhuberance ends up with a $5,000 tow bill and a forgotten
dream. I have been there and it is not fun.

I put over $3,000 in labor in #598
only to basically give it away and I doubt the new owner will be able to resurrect
it even now. Just one of those no-win deals.

Mike,
Good Luck and be very careful, When you really see the bus, You can walk away
and chock it up to education. A little poorer but a lot wiser...

Dave....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: