Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 16, 2014, 10:38:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for feedback on campgrounds in/near/around Disney at Orlando  (Read 3849 times)
BusCrazyinFL

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 05:09:32 PM »

Hey Nick, we love to go to Ft. Wilderness and usually go at least 4 times a year (it's a bit easier when you live only 40 minutes away). Christmas is our favorite time to go...all the sites are decorated, it's awesome!!!
We have reservations for next week, but according to the rates they gave us, they went up on the 14th, and right now until the end of March is considered PEAK. We usually go each year this time for our son's birthday, and it's always a higher rate. Our reservation is for almost twice as much as you are paying. How in the world did you get that great rate?
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 05:20:28 PM »

Parked the 40 ftr in CW, would stay there without the park hopper pass, plenty to do in the campground.  
Also,  get the mealplan!!  if you like to eat Wink  we ate dinners in epcot,  meal is paid including tip, beverages, appetizers and dezzert.  Hard to swallow the initial cost but ends up being the best deal in park. Our first meal was surf n turf in canada epcot,  steak and lobster,  for four bill was over 200 bucks, meal plan was 400 or so and we still had 2 more nights and 3 more lunches/breakfasts  plus snacks.  plus you would have spent more than 400 for 4 people to eat burgers in the park if you pay at time of purchase,  good way to travel light.  

We would go to early open park, pool in after noon,  change clothes at 4:00 charlie storm, then go eat early at epcot , then go to late park,  buses, Tram, and boats great and no parking worries.  

And if you stay on site you get the reserve time for rides.  you can reserve a time for one ride at a time and wait less than 10 min to ride.  worth it to stay at campwilderness.

Yea John,

It's called Magic Your Way!   or, as I call it, A Real Micky Mouse Credit Card! but you don't have to pay it back when you get home...

Get the one with 2 meals a day, unlimited park passes and you will have Breakfast at the Contempory with Micky complete with Momoses...
then the park of your choice, back to the pool till din din time, take a micky bus to Down Town Disney to have dinner at Fultons Crab House
where you will order Filet Migion & Stone Crab Claws complete with appitizer and desert, then hit Pleasure Island for a night of music of youe choice.
The next day, do it all over again.. but have dinner at the Froridian Hotel, then a Message, then rent a pontoon boat to see the Fireworks from the water... All on the Mickey Magic your way card.....
We did it all week!
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 05:28:26 PM »

Hey Nick, we love to go to Ft. Wilderness and usually go at least 4 times a year (it's a bit easier when you live only 40 minutes away). Christmas is our favorite time to go...all the sites are decorated, it's awesome!!!
We have reservations for next week, but according to the rates they gave us, they went up on the 14th, and right now until the end of March is considered PEAK. We usually go each year this time for our son's birthday, and it's always a higher rate. Our reservation is for almost twice as much as you are paying. How in the world did you get that great rate?

I called on the phone from Tropical Palms Fun Resort on Monday! I told the guy at 1-407-w-disney how Encore Resorts just screwed us and he told me
he will give me a package that will make me always come back to Fort Wilderness Camp!
I said to him, What a Mickey Mouse Operation! Thanks, I'll be there in 15 min's... I was just on 192 in kissimmi.. The guard at the gate allready had my
name on his rouster.
Nick-

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
BusCrazyinFL

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 06:21:23 PM »

Wow, I'm really glad Disney did that for you, that is a GREAT rate! We've been camping at Ft. Wilderness for over 30 years, first in tents, then a pop-up, then a Class C, and this past year in our bus. We usually try to go during their lower-rate seasons, but we make an exception this time of year for our son's birthday. Too bad we couldn't be there with you now, there would be another bus on your list only we'd be adding an Eagle to the collection. 

You really should try to go some year during the Christmas Season. There is a 3-4 week span after Thanksgiving and before Christmas when the rates are very low. Everyone decks out their campsite and their RVs, even the Golf Carts are full of lights and decorations. It's awesome. Maybe sometime we'll hook up with you there. In the meantime, enjoy your stay and say hello to the mouse for us!

Oh, one more thing, if you are looking for at least one nice meal out, try Ohana's for dinner in the Polynesian Hotel. They sometimes take walk-ins, but it's better to make reservations. It is all you can eat, PLUS entertainment and also a wonderful view of the castle, but the best part is that you never have to leave your table, they bring all the food to you (over and over again). It runs about $27 per person,for adults, but it is REALLY worth the money. Go hungry. Price includes soft drinks, dessert, and I think your tip, too.
BusCrazyinFL

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 07:01:08 PM »

Here are some Christmas pictures from Fort Wilderess.

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 09:19:04 PM »

Hi Guy's,

We did Disney for Christmas last year but, we didn't get there until the 18th of December and the parks were jammed packed allready...

That was a weird expierence for us northerners, swimming on Christmas morning... It just placed us somewhere in August??

And of course, we then went to Arcadia.

Nick-

coachconverter

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2008, 08:49:49 AM »

Just got back from there yesterday, but we flew down, had too many FF miles not to.

Everyone's advice above sounds right on.  I would add that the Animal Kingdom Lodge has a restarant called Boma. It's an African themed buffet style place.  The food, even buffet food was better than most dinners and bfasts I've had at expensive places.  They're not cheap either, $25-30 per, but the food was all excellent and "all you can eat".  I got my money's worth.  We tried another resort's rest. and it paled in comparison.

We liked it so much we ate 5 meals there, in 3.5 days!  It helped that we were staing at the AK Lodge too.  Otherwise we ate at McDs and Rain Forest Cafe at Downtown Disney, the latter was nothing to write home about.  We also ate at the Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios, pretty good, but a little posh for us MidWesterners.

Magic Kingdom was absolutely packed wall to wall and not as enjoyable as hoped.  Having a 4 year old, I think we managed to skip most of the crowds, we took the park train a few times, and more tame type attractions.  Hollywood Studios was great, not at all crowded, great attractions and plenty of space to walk (for us agorophobics).

At the Studios you have to hit the Indiana Jones attractions, still as good as it was 10 years ago when it opened.  The Jedi Training center was fun, Lights Stunts Action was great as well as the one where you ride on the back of modified pup trucks, can't remember the name, but you get to see several special effects reenactments.

Regarding the Dining Plan, I'm still not sure if it's a good deal, I don't doubt it, just dont know.  For 3 of us for 3.5 days we probably spent about $400-450, but that was a lot of big fancy meals and only one visit to the Golden Arches.  The rest was sit-down style spoiling ourselves.  Since I usually only splurge for Quiznos at home :-)

Have fun and plan for some downtime, I'm taking today off to recover from my vacation, whew!!!

Todd
cody

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 01:42:51 PM »

Just curious, how much did it cost for the tickets to get in, I imagine each ride has a ticket you have to buy too, I didn't hide this thread so libby read it lol. Just trying to get an idea on what it might run to go for a couple of days and wander around inside.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 03:37:39 PM »

Just curious, how much did it cost for the tickets to get in, I imagine each ride has a ticket you have to buy too, I didn't hide this thread so libby read it lol. Just trying to get an idea on what it might run to go for a couple of days and wander around inside.

Disney hasn't charged for each ride since the very late 70s or 80s.  I remember going to Disneyland in the 70s and my parents buying a book of ride coupons for the rides.  We went to Disney World in 1986 and I'm thinking the coupon books were gone.  These days Disney just charges an outrageous fee at the gate, but rides are no extra charge.

The cost is something like $65 for a day now.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
cody

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008, 04:39:17 PM »

Cool, if I understand this correctly, we pay the gate fee and can wander around and get into all sorts of mischief inside, I know that anything we need inside like food or soft drinks is extra but sounds like a fun day, each park has a gate fee then and all we would need is the patience to wait our turn in line.  I might even let libby keep reading this thread, now that I think of it, I should have stowed away in one of nicks bays, I'd be at disney right now lol.
Phil H / Chicago

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2008, 05:24:01 PM »

Thanks to all for the feedback. Lin just booked May 12-19 at camp wilderness. Guess I need to get my garden hose and fuel can out and start searching for buses with full tanks.

Thanks,
Phil
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2008, 05:34:06 PM »

Brian said..   The cost is something like $65 for a day now.

Maybe a couple years ago.... a 1 day pass for an adult is $86.00, it's cheaper to buy mutipal day passes all at once or shop the discount outlets

when you arrive. There is always a deal somewhere.

We just rolled out of the Disney camp and headding home.

Good Luck
Nick-

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2008, 06:55:41 PM »

Brian said..   The cost is something like $65 for a day now.

Maybe a couple years ago.... a 1 day pass for an adult is $86.00, it's cheaper to buy mutipal day passes all at once or shop the discount outlets

I have zero desire to go to Disney World since I am not married and have no kids so I don't keep up on the cost.  I guess I missed the news articles announcing the last few increases.

Disey is a great palce, but man a trip there costs a bundle.  I was thinking about it earlier today and it could easily cost $200 a month to save for a family vacation to Disney or similiar places.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2008, 09:10:52 PM »

I am taking the family down this fall and my sites are $52 a night for the works. I am planning for $5k for the whole trip (including bus fuel, etc). I hope not, but for eight people that might be the best I can do.

BusCrazyinFL, you will probably be hearing from me before too long.

Laryn

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2008, 12:51:23 AM »

<<<<<<<I would add that the Animal Kingdom Lodge has a restarant called Boma>>>>>>>

I ate at the original world famous BOMA in Victoria Zimbabwe - Now that was an interesting meal

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: