Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 11:21:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for feedback on campgrounds in/near/around Disney at Orlando  (Read 3938 times)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2008, 05:13:42 AM »

Phil,

Only advice I can add to the above is to find out when they are offering the Florida residents specials.

These are what are considered Disney slower periods.

Even though you wont get the same break on price, you will not have to deal with the crowds during the Peak times.

And remember, Disneys idea of "Its SLOW today" and mine are vastly different.

We went at the beginning of January and walked onto all but the most popular rides, get the 'Fast Pass" and come back in your time window with limited waiting.

Staying at Fort Wilderness is a good idea, If you don't leave the Disney property they have transportation to take you everywhere, and its included.

Enjoy your stay,

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
edroelle

1998 Royale Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2008, 07:45:19 AM »

Fort Wilderness

We stayed there in December - BEFORE the rates went to $96 per night !!

I did struggle and was very careful maneuvering our 45' in the campground.  It is tight.

A trick for Epcot.  Start at the far end in the countries, and work back to minimize the crowds.

Ed Roelle
Flint, MI
BusCrazyinFL

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2008, 09:58:35 AM »

That's great Barn Owl, we'll look forward to hearing from you.
We try to go the second weekend in Sept. They have a Christian Festival called Night of Joy we like to go to, and it seems after Labor Day Weekend, the rates are lower and it's not so crowded. What month are you thinking of going? As of right now, the only time for sure I'll be tied up is Oct. 8 - 12th.
Don't forget to reserve a Golf Cart for some of the time you'll be camping.
Bikes are great too, if you are able to bring some. And did you read earlier in this blog what I wrote about Ohana's Restaurant? It's awesome!!!

Hey, a few weeks ago we tried out a new place in Williston, near some family,
and we ended up being parked right next to a retired Feeder Driver from Indiana...what are the odds of that happening? And you know, whenever you hook up with a fellow UPSer, there are always stories to tell, ha ha.

Well, take care, and let us know when you are heading our way.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: