Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 18, 2018, 08:27:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a few observations  (Read 3170 times)
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2008, 06:13:23 AM »

We will be steel tenting hopefully within a few months...thanks for the post..good to know others are in the same shoes....

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
chazwood

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 06:25:18 AM »

The way I see it ..."steel tenting " is kinda like the first few months of marriage. We ain't got it all figured out yet........ but we're having loads of fun trying.  Wink

1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 06:37:41 AM »

We purchased our MC-8 (a seated coach) in October-99.  We set a goal when we purchased it that we would use it at least 1 weekend a month (except June, July, & August, when it is just to hot in SW Florida).
    Our first outing was a bluegrass festival with most of the seat removed, a Coleman stove, sleeping bags, & a cooler (campground had showers and bath facilites). Every time we went out, we had something new to try that had been added since the last trip.
    I remember our next trrip with the toilet installed! A 5 gallon bucket of water to flush the toilet (into a temporary holding tank) and a blanket clamped to the ceiling for bathroom walls.
    Nothing like using your bus to keep you motivated.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2008, 06:48:44 AM »

We have a 9 year plan to have our bus done (to coincide with my retirement)...In the mean time we've collected some nice used kitchen cabnits, a used 5th wheel trailer we got for free that gave us a complete bathroom, including tanks and a temp stove, converter, some furniture, ect. We are looking at our bus as a "handymans speciel". We'll get it setup with what we can afford and then upgrade as money allows. We've got everything stripped down and will be doing sprayin insulation as soon as the weather breaks. We will do our "permanent" walls, ceiling and hardwood floors, along with the permanent wiring and plumbing. Everything else will more or less be garage sale stuff, but will allow us to use the bus as much as we want while we "upgrade"....bottom line is, I think my bus will always be a work in progress !

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2008, 12:47:21 PM »

The way I see it ..."steel tenting " is kinda like the first few months of marriage. We ain't got it all figured out yet........ but we're having loads of fun trying.  Wink

Chaz,

You hit the nail on the head with that one!  Grin

More important than the bus or phase or condition your conversion is in, is chosing the right Gal to be married too while your doing it.

Having one who is behind you 100% (OK 99.9%) makes it go a lot easier and the fun is in the process, and the experiences while were converting these monsters.

I know I married wayyyyyyyyyy better than I deserve. (NCBob, NO need to second that....that goes double for the rest of you)

We were just looking at our 1st steel tent trip pictures, man was that fun....and creative!

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2008, 02:25:05 PM »

Thanks for stirring up some memories.  Like one of the first times I pulled into a fueling depot and discovered that I needed about 1 foot more space between the fence and the pumps to make a U-turn.  That was also the time I discovered that you actually CAN back up very short distances even with a towed in tow.  Or the time I discovered that I in fact did have room to make a U-turn in the Boeing parking lot in Seattle.  Or the time I discovered that a 2 yard Fiat loader will pull a 1981 Prevost out of the mud even if the bus is sitting on the frame.  Its an ongoing learning experience.  I still check the mirrors to see how close I came to the curb or light standard but its no longer a surprise when I miss them.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
Used to be 1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
Currently busless (and not looking)
My website
Our weblog
What's behind you doesn't matter - Enzo Ferrari
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: