Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 27, 2014, 04:12:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One of a kind MCI 9  (Read 3920 times)
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 05:36:55 PM »

It might be fun to go look at it.  If you cut the upper fiberglass off, it would make a great parade float.   Grin

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Sojourner

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 07:08:09 PM »

About driving without top:
And if you lay triple planks of 2x12 on pavement so that 1 front wheel goes over it. Then watch the side skin’s wave somewhat.

A shoe box can give you example what bus’s skin does while going through a twist terrain. Remove and replace top while twisting the box.

Oh….about wall trusses. Cannot see if it has any. If not then another problem will occur…sagging or spring board in between wheel base with a normal payload. Every vertical wall framing will flex at belt-line (bottom) as well to roof frame to point of cracking or fatigue. And some pop-rivet inter panel will be sheared.

As always….Law of physics is for every action is a reaction.

Ps…3bid are in e**y so far.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
Songman

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 07:24:31 PM »

The only thing Renaissance about that thing is the caps. Calling it a Renaissance style coach is a bit of a stretch. Personally I think it is kinda funny looking.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 09:33:13 PM »

LOL,

man watch out.....the free thinking society that motto is " man do it your way and love it" will come chastise you guys.

poor three soles on  ebay....if someone would only be alble to educate them.......

if any of you saw the sad looking 4107 up my way......it got sent away from who does my maint...certainly was not rust free or little rust as advertised......had damage to almot every pannel down the side.......

and these are "good" christian singing group types.......full of BS like the rest of the people selling POS buses.....

plan on being there tomorrow when the high bidder shows up to see his bargain purchase.

zThe one in FL would be interesting to be there when it folds in half when the wheel lift wrecker lifts the front wheels off the ground.......if someone is local they could probably video tape and sell it to one of those destruction video shows
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2008, 10:41:43 PM »

Well there's another fine mess we've gotten ourselves into, Ollie! I new I should've had someone check it out for me before bidding on it to make it into a PARTY/LIMO/Exec. bus! Oh well, maybe we can pull on off and get it home before it collapses in two! lol! Wheel lift wrecker? What? We don't need no stink'n wrecker! Put batteries in and drive it like we stole it! (right after we insure it of course)
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2008, 10:42:23 PM »

Well there's another fine mess we've gotten ourselves into, Ollie! I new I should've had someone check it out for me before bidding on it to make it into a PARTY/LIMO/Exec. bus! Oh well, maybe we can pull on off and get it home before it collapses in two! lol! Wheel lift wrecker? What? We don't need no stink'n wrecker! Put batteries in and drive it like we stole it! (right after we insure it of course)
Grin  BK  Grin

LOL! gotcha! I may do some dumb stuff but not that dumb! LOL!
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2008, 10:49:02 PM »

Man I have to stop down and beet meet my like minded brother BK sometime......if your ever up my way be certain to look me up.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 07:59:04 AM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2008, 11:01:21 PM »

Man I have to stop down and beet my like minded brother BK sometime......if your ever up my way be certain to look me up.

Most definitely! And you do the same!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008, 11:06:57 PM »

that should have said meet....LOL
skipn

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2008, 09:17:11 AM »

Tekebird

Freudian slip I'm sure  Wink

Skip
Songman

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2008, 01:02:56 PM »

**confused look**

I have no idea what the last have of this thread said...  Cheesy
compedgemarine

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 09:08:51 AM »

looked this morning and the price was back down to $5000. two of the bids were retracted. guess someone was reading the board or went to see it live and in person.
steve
compedgemarine

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 05:59:28 PM »

well it looks like everyones dream bus went for $7500. so who here bought it and is too shy to admit it?
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 06:59:23 PM »

man someone got rooked
Hobie

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 07:16:39 PM »

By the look of some of the questions the seller received, I would bet someone was having a little fun with him!  A busnut perhaps?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: