Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
November 24, 2017, 12:12:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Detroit Diesels NA in many Buses in a couple years  (Read 2719 times)
Rich (Prevost)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 11:54:20 AM »

Hi Guys, Long time no chat.....No worries on Prevost behalf. As you may know. Prevost majority owner is Volvo. The testing had begun about a year ago. In Phoenix(heat) & St. Foy, Quebec(cold). The Volvo engine has gotten high grades & was to be an option for coach customers in 2009.

Rich
luvrbus

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2008, 12:04:29 PM »

Hey Rich glad to see you back but I ask you this question about 2 years ago when I read it in a paper while on vacation overseas and you told me you would check out but you could not ever see the 60s leaving Prevost. Whats going to happen to the service centers with the Truck Dealers being a service center  Glad your back anyway
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 12:08:39 PM by luvrbus » Logged
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 01:53:01 PM »

Hey Rich, glad to see you!

As for the world changing...you pays your money, you takes your chances....

It was only a matter of time, with the industry consolidations of the last decade and half, sharing your toys with your competitors, considering the engineering disclosure and costs to do so now.... there be no more sharing.

With profit as the motive, I doubt it will trickle down as something good for us little folk.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: