Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 06:18:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas Bus Roundup 2008  (Read 7298 times)
Dreamscape

« on: February 23, 2008, 05:15:03 AM »

Greetings Bus Nuts,

The rally this year will be held on September 11-14, 2008 at the same location as last year, Eisenhower State Park near Dennison TX.

Paved parking in the Cedar Hollow group area with 30 amp/water hookups. We will reserve 15 but there is room for quite a few more. Dump Station is located in the another area of the park.

There is a pavilion where we will have some catered Texas Style BB-Q's. This guy knows how to put on a food show Texas Style!

Fire Pit location is located at the Amphitheater close by, Thursday and Friday evening only.

More information will be posted at a later time, a few details are still being worked out. Just wanted to get the word out now.

You don't have to own a coach to attend, just being a wannabe will work.

Bring your coach finished or not. All brands are welcome, even the rusty ones!

Put it on your calendar for some great Food, Friends and Fun and kick a tire or two!

Happy Trails,

Paul
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 03:04:49 AM by Dreamscape » Logged
Dreamscape

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 11:32:37 AM »

Greetings All,

That time of year is approaching fast, only two more months until TBR 2008.

We would like to know if you will be attending this year. It is being held at the same location as last year. Eisenhower State Park, Dennison TX. September 11-14, 2008

We all know how much fuel has gone up, and I hope this will not be a deterrent for making plans to attend.

Please respond with your answer in the next couple of weeks so plans can be make accordingly. If you know of someone that did not attend last year that might be interested please forward them my email address.

Sonnie Gray is handling the space requests at the State Park. Please respond to him on making the space reservation. He has been a big help in doing this, he has graciously been there to do some footwork. Thanks for your work Sonnie!

Don't miss out on a great time re-acquainting with old friends and making new ones.

Thank You in advance,

Paul
Dreamscape

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 02:58:18 PM »

OK Texas Bus Nuts and all others nuts who are attending this years Texas Bus Roundup!

I thought of a registration form, but I feel it's just not necessary at this time. With such a small group of coaches I'm sure we'll know who's who. Wink

So far we have 13 coaches that will be there. Sonnie has reserved and paid for 15 spaces for one night, $15. The remaining two nights must be paid when you arrive at Eisenhower State Park. Upon arrival at the campsite, look up Sonnie to reimburse him the fee that he paid for.

Sonnie told me that Mike Crouch was finally able to contact Ronnie, the guy who did the BBQ last year. He has agreed to provide us with two meals, one evening and one breakfast. Those of you who came last year know how good it was. WOW! Grin We do not know the amount yet as Ronnie was in Vegas, who knows maybe he'll win a bunch and the fee will be nominal. HA! I am sure it will be fair, cause the food is sooo good. I will post the fee as soon as we find out.

I will also email those of you who have expressed interest in attending and those of you who have confirmed attendance.

For those of you who are thinking about it, let me know as soon as possible, so we can plan on how much food Ronnie will need to provide.

Other than that, mark your calendar and plan to attend, it will be a great Bus Mini Rally, Texas Style!

Paul

Dreamscape

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 04:23:56 AM »

Greetings Bus Nuts,

Less than one month before Texas Bus Roundup 2008!

There has been a great response to this years mini rally!

If there are any procrastinators out there, stop procrastinating!

Get on board for a great time!

Hope to see ya there!

Paul
Dreamscape

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 11:53:29 AM »

Well, here's the good news. .................We are still having TBR 2008.........

The bad news. Sonnie Gray has been trying to get in touch with Ronnie, he did our BBQ last year, He is nowhere to be found and doesn't answer his phone.  Cry

So now that we have this little problem, I'm asking for some help.

Remember last year when I brought hamburgers and hotdogs and we did our own. Well guess what, we are going to do the same sorta thing this year.

This is where those of you who are coming can help. I will pick up the hamburgers, hotdogs, buns, chips and condiments along with the charcoal. We are planning on about 40 people to attend. This will take place on Thursday night. After I purchase the food I will ask for a small donation to cover the cost only. Everyone will have to provide their own beverage. If someone chooses to bring a salad and/or desert, bring 'em on.

Oh and by the way, if Christy Hicks reads this maybe we can use some of your help with the dessert. Remember the BROWNIES? Hint Hint

If by chance we have enough food collectively we can do the same thing on Friday night.

If anybody has ideas on coffee and donuts for breakfast, let me hear them.

I'm still smiling!

Paul

Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 09:40:43 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHA  I almost hit the "report to the moderator" button instead of the reply. . would have served you right!     Cheesy Grin

you are TOOOOO funny.  I figured you guys felt a bit THREATENED when I informed you about the brownies, ha ha. 

We'll pitch in whereever you need help of course, and I imagine we'll sneak out of the office sometime on Thursday if we can.  As for dessert, well, now I know to go ahead and check BEHIND the microwave first, ha ha.  Christy Hicks

Hey, that didn't sound quite right, did it?  Check BEHIND the microwave?  Huh Oh, well, let them figure it out on their own, eh? Wink

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Dreamscape

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 03:43:43 PM »

Hey Christy,

I knew you would come through! I can smell those brownies now.  Roll Eyes

To All Texas Bus Roundup attendees,

Some very good news!

Sonnie Gray and Mike Crouch were able to corral Ronnie for some vitals! Smiley

This is the new schedule with details.

Saturday morning lasting until it's over, BREAKFAST. He promises one you will never forget! Grin

Saturday evening, The Biggest and Badest Texas BBQ this side of the Mississippi! Cheesy

The cost is only $25 per person for both meals, this includes a much deserved tip for Ronnie. That's a pretty good price for some great food. We told him to figure on 40 people, so if more show up we'll deal with it.

It took some doing but Thanks to Sonnie and Mike, they got it done!

Stay safe,

And Happy Trails,

Paul

bigjohnkub
pd4903-188 and now pd4107

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 02:26:37 PM »

Big John & Blu from Winona have enough chili, probably, to feed everyone on Friday night, or Friday for lunch.  If someone will spring for the shredded cheese, and fritos, we'll bring bowls, spoons, onions and the chili and fix everyone a Frito Pie.

Big John  Tyler Tx PD 4903-188 & 4107
871 dd, 4 spd Fuller.
LOVE MY BUS!!!!
Dreamscape

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 05:18:22 PM »

Hi Big John and Blu,

You're on buddy!. How about Friday Lunch? Chili sounds great!

Thursday night we will BBQ hamburgers and some chicken, with some special concoction on the chicken that Chuck is bringing! Grin

We'll see who can bring the Frito's and some cheese......Anyone out there interested?  Grin

We are sure gonna eat good! Cheesy

Now if the fuel comes down some more we'll all be Happy Campers!

Thanks,

Paul
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 03:48:44 AM by Dreamscape » Logged
rwc
No longer will be Now AM

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 04:29:14 AM »

I'll bring the Fritos

Bob Gil
Bob Gilbreath bobgil@sbcglobal.net

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 05:29:38 AM »

Paul

I am not sure about the price of fuel out your way but it is $395 here in Saginaw, about 1 mile off the loop 820.

There is a Valero station with truck pumps so plenty of room.  If you take 287 bus you can't miss it on the w4est side of the street.

That is about the cheapest that I have seen in the 20 mile aera in a while.

The way it has been going it should be cheaper by then.

Call me if you need to know more. 

Fort Worth, Texas where GOD is so close you don't even need a phone!

1968 GM Bus of unknown model 6V53 engine (aftermarket) converted with house hold items.

Had small engine fire and had no 12 volt system at time of purchase. 
Coach is all 110 w 14KW diesel genrator
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 06:02:26 AM »

Geeeze guys, why don't you come on up to Oklahoma. . .drove past the Flying J on I-40 the other day and it was $3.89! Cheesy Grin  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Dreamscape

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 04:57:39 PM »

I'll bring the Fritos

Thanks Robert!

Now to find someone to bring the cheese! (Sounds kinda stupid don't it?)  Roll Eyes

Bob, That's a good price for sure. Not sure what it is here at the truck stops, been too busy to even look at it. I'll let you know if we head that way, either on the way up or back. Thanks!

Geez Christy, that's a pretty good price too, it'll probably go up when I fill up the day or two before.  Grin

By the time I got to OK I might just keep going, running from Gustav!
Dreamscape

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 08:54:06 PM »

Texas Bus Roundup is less than a week away! Can't believe it's almost time to take a road trip. Please everyone, drive safe and don't forget to do your pretrip check! Wink

Click on the following link to see the weather for the 10 day period for Denison TX.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/USTX0351?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_business

The biggest chance for scattered thunderstorms is next Friday. So it looks pretty good.

Remember to bring your own drinks for meal times. If someone wants to bring a couple of coolers of beverages I'm sure all of us can pitch in with the cost. It's just too hard to satisfy everyone's differant taste, I still have Diet Dr Pepper left over from last year! I drank all the leftover Miller Lite! Roll Eyes

So far, BBQ hamburgers/hotdogs etc. along with Chucks Chicken on Thursday night. Friday is chili day, Saturday morning breakfast by Ronnie, Saturday evening meal by Ronnie. Sunday you are on your own.

Oh and please, someone bring lots of coffee, donuts would be nice too! Wink

It looks like we will have a great turnout. One gentleman from Houston called today and said his Eagle is being painted and he is hoping it will be ready for the trip.  He previously said they thought they would not be able to make it. See, things do work out!

See ya there!

Paul
Dreamscape

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 08:21:55 AM »

It's just been a little over a week since we all headed back to our homes. Cry

We had a great time even though Ike scared us a bit. Grin

If you could not make the event this year look for event postings for next year.

We only experienced one hairy moment, we had a little four leg friend make a visit to Kens Flx and then he decided to pay Randy and Sue Davidson a visit. Randy made sure he will not bother anyone again! Roll Eyes

Make plans for next year to attend the third annual Texas Bus Roundup in late September or early October.

This will be the first year for registration. I wanted to keep it simple (KISS), but it just didn't work out.

Happy Trails and Be Safe,

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: