Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 06:04:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prices are dropping!  (Read 3398 times)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 04:37:16 PM »

Not meaning to preach but the real issue is whether SWMBO buys into the dream.  Absent commitment from both partners any lifestyle choice as major as RVing is doomed to failure.  An RV is a small space - if two people are going to live comfortably in that space they need to both want to be there.

"And if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!"

Very true point.  The key however is that she really does change her mind and catches the RV or bus conversion bug.  But if she doesn't like the idea and only goes along with it because you want it, then your chances for being a happy camper are much diminished.
sivrtnge2

1994 EAGLE 10/45 CAULDWELL CONVERSION

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 05:17:41 PM »

Well, you could always try my approach. Go buy a rusted out bus that isn't worth the the rivets holding it together and then let it sit in the back yard for 8 to 10 years. When she ask you if you are ever going to do anything with it. You tell her as soon as you can get to it Roll Eyes. When you find  Shocked "the diamond in the rough" Tell her "this one is complete or almost complete and we will take our first vacation just as soon as we get it home Wink." Mine took to it hook line and sinker. It might not work for you but man did it work for me Grin !!!
--
BILL
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 07:21:50 PM »

Getting back to the original listing-that bus was for sale last year for the same price and willing to look at offers. No genny, they only park hop I was told. PP

Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 07:44:10 PM »

Getting back to the original listing-that bus was for sale last year for the same price and willing to look at offers. No genny, they only park hop I was told. PP

Do they not know how to market themselves out of a wet paper bag, or is something wrong with that bus? Not having a generator is a handicap but if their OBO is good enough I wouldnít think that would be too big of a stumbling block. Definitely need better photos all around. Would like to see more of the mechanicals. One would hope with those kind of major modifications everything was done right and they didnít skimp in other areas.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 07:49:12 PM by Barn Owl » Logged

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 08:00:29 PM »

Not having a generator seems so foreign to me, but some people are perfectly ok with it. My in-laws did the FT RV thing for 10yrs without one. They were park hoppers and didnít feel the need to have one and all that goes with it; maintenance, space, costÖ..

Still, what a bummer. Sad

HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2008, 07:58:15 AM »

Not having a generator seems so foreign to me, but some people are perfectly ok with it. My in-laws did the FT RV thing for 10yrs without one. They were park hoppers and didnít feel the need to have one and all that goes with it; maintenance, space, costÖ..

Still, what a bummer. Sad

We've been full timing for 7 months in my bus.  I still haven't installed a generator or house battery bank.  We too have only been staying at parks with 30-50 amp power and haven't missed a genset at all yet.  I still plan to put in a genset and house batteries, but this experience has moved them quite a ways down on my priority list.
Sojourner

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2008, 08:50:27 AM »

Not being a structural engineer, how did they chase the load around the wheel well? Also I see no braceing in the A/C compartment?

First of all there no picture of A/C compartment but does show the right side bays. Unless I am missing another picture.

I agree about structural concern. The only way they can regain structural strengths is either by trusses connect beginning at first diagonal point before the leading bottom slide-out open hole. Such as about 12" or more ahead of opening, depend the construction size of the beltline.
The picture of leading side-out opening beginning directly above front of front wheel is an indication of incomplete trusses.
So the only other way is to incorporated a wide (about 24") heavy gage steel contour plate to roof's curve with over lap length to connect the said diagonal points on both end.

Otherwise it a weak bus.

JR MCI-5...your bus has that heavy gage steel contoured plate over your mid door entrance.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2008, 11:06:36 AM »

Hey Jerry, I do not have the background to condem the bus, it just looks like a poor or weak structural design. I would want a highly qualified engineer to go over it befor I made an offer.
 Nope never mind it don't look rght, I'd trust my instincts and walk away.

Spinning Jim

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2008, 11:13:47 AM »

Sojourner,

although there is no direct photo of the A/C bay you can clearly see the back bulkhead of the compartment in the front 3/4 view of the bus ( front and Driver's side)  if there was much of anything in there it would be visible IMHO.

could be some little 1500w honda or something sitting in there though.
Fredward

MC-5A #5401 8" roof raise 8V71 with MT647

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2008, 08:27:09 PM »

I emailed the address in the ad on Sunday afternoon and 24 hours later I have not heard anything. I was going to request more photos and ask a few questions. Like "who did the slide?" It looks funky to me. With the roof raise and roof top airs that thing must be about 13 feet tall!
Fred

Fred Thomson
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 09:11:50 PM »

The fun thing about the bus that I don't think you get with an RV is the little moments.

We slept a nite at the Magic Mountain Walmart lot last week. I took the dog out about 11AM (slept late) and noticed 4 different people leaning on their fenders staring at my bus and drooling. The 5th guy, (old guy), drove his new Caddy right up , stopped and started telling me about the 3 class C's he owned when he lived on the Oregon Coast.

I drove the kids over to Magic Mountain and they "comp'd" me a free admission for driving in the Bus 2 days in a row. (Driver Pass).

The kids get asked all the time if they are in a band, and now they are trying to sell my autograph for laughs.

Last time I went to the World of Outlaws, they looked me over and parked me right beside Sammy Swindell!

I ran some Snow, Ice, and Wind thru Shasta, nite before last, (big storm). I'm still smiling, the ol bus just tore it up and loved it. What else is there to say?

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 11:09:52 PM »

It has been relisted with a link to more photos:

RV 40' Bus conversion with slide out and raised roof - $49999

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/rvs/598267932.html

Go here for more pics!
http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj143/rick01229/?albumview=grid

MCI9 is a 1979 GM
4spd Automatic
Power Steering
Air Brakes/ Air Ride
40 Ft
8V71
145 Gallon Fuel Capacity

1 Roof air in Living area
Wired in Bedroom for 2nd Roof Air
13,500 BTU watt Central Ducted Heater
Cozy World 3 Cinder Block heater in Front By entrance
No Generator, It does have area in back by motor for one

Raised roof (9inches)
Large 3x13ft Slide out in Front living area (Pics)
Tinted Dual pane windows with Screens
Fantastic Fan in Kitchen
Roof Fan in Bathroom

4000 Watt inverter with Battery charger built in
150 Gallon holding tanks (Clean- Grey - Black)
3 way switch over box ( shore power - inverter -Generator) No generator, but ready for one

2 open bays for storage
1 with holding tanks and batteries

Original Dash
New Driver and Passenger Leeather captain charis
couch with queen hide a bed
burgandy recliner
2 seat dinette corian
Solid oak thru - out coach
side x side refirgerator
full size house stove converted to Propane
Double sink w/ water filter
hard wood floor in kitchen and bathroom
Bathroom has Porcelin toilet
vanity cabinet
mirrored closet
Full size Shower
Bedroom has queen walk around bed
Full mirrored closet with TV inside

27inch tv in front with surround sound
Heated Mirrors
Back up Camera

Possible trades/ If interested call 971-239-3702 or email Sherryp2902@aol.com

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: