Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 10:41:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hokysmokes & SCREAM'N EAGLES! Well I AIN'T NEVER! really!  (Read 4029 times)
robert

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2008, 01:45:10 PM »

Hey,

My 81' Model 10 has a 6v92 with a 5 speed manual. I can and still occassionally do over 100 mph. But I am with Jack. Safety, Safety, Safety.

Thanks, Robert at www.tamihall.com
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2008, 02:11:33 PM »

Sooossss...how does it feel to gets blown off the road?   How good of shape is your $bank account$ in?  Sounds like you (we) have a good dose of middle aged male stuff?  OK with me.  Get mad....or....get EVEN!!!  He he he.  Sounds like a good screen play for a low budget Eagle Bus Conversion race movie.

I kinda had the same exact problem maybe with my 1974 Crown Super Coach 10-wheeler ex-schoolie that only goes 80-85 mph and I really needed to go at least 110, maybe 120.  Maybe more.  My dream was dashed upon the rocks and sholles (sp) of fiscal reality, plus common sense and safety.

But....don't let that get in your way of getting revenge, cold and true.  Just deep $deep$ into your pocket and hopp up whatever diesel mill you have or trade it out for one that can deliver the performance and speed your crave.  Driveline upgrades also required.  $$$$  Your results may vary.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2008, 02:18:16 PM »

Sooossss...how does it feel to gets blown off the road?   How good of shape is your $bank account$ in?  Sounds like you (we) have a good dose of middle aged male stuff?  OK with me.  Get mad....or....get EVEN!!!  He he he.  Sounds like a good screen play for a low budget Eagle Bus Conversion race movie.

I kinda had the same exact problem maybe with my 1974 Crown Super Coach 10-wheeler ex-schoolie that only goes 80-85 mph and I really needed to go at least 110, maybe 120.  Maybe more.  My dream was dashed upon the rocks and sholles (sp) of fiscal reality, plus common sense and safety.

But....don't let that get in your way of getting revenge, cold and true.  Just deep $deep$ into your pocket and hopp up whatever diesel mill you have or trade it out for one that can deliver the performance and speed your crave.  Driveline upgrades also required.  $$$$  Your results may vary.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

We could get Burt Reynolds to play the bus driver

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2008, 09:05:14 AM »

At 2400rpm I'm going 75mph.  I have tried it and that is as fast as I want to go in a vehicle that you're only a yard from the front of the bus.  Personally, with fuel prices pushing $4/gallon (paid $3.75 yesterday-course I live in California with our own blend of Diesel that's more expensive).  Cruising at 65 should be the best (actually 55 is better but you'll be run down).  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
luvrbus

« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2008, 09:16:54 AM »

In my Eagle I drive the posted speed limit about 80 mph is fast as I go and thats where the speed limit is 80mph on I 10 in west Texas so if I am traveling with Sonnie he will just have to run in 3rd gear or have the BBQ ready when I get there
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 09:21:48 AM by luvrbus » Logged
cody

« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2008, 09:17:52 AM »

I'm looking for sponsers to make my bus the screaming eagle so BK can go and get his revenge, come on guys, there must be someone out there that really, really wants to build the ultimate powerhouse bus lol. well here's your chance lol.  I'll even let you cover my fuel expenses, all in the name of power research of course, wow the silence is deafening lol. Expiring minds want to know lol.
Catskinner!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2008, 11:55:52 AM »

Ok! Guys

I have never said that my bus was a Hot Rod, but it sure is fun to drive.

1900 Rpm= 92 Mph. thats by my Gps.   Thats with my 3406 Cat and 2.93

gears.  Of course it will twist 2600 Rpm if needed, also it is only 350 Hp.

I have been thinking about putting some 2.20 gears in it, then it would

fly.

Catskinner!
   Sonnie Gray
   72 0/5 Eagle, 3406 Cat
   Pottsboro, Texas
luvrbus

« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2008, 12:12:33 PM »

Wow, Sonnie what woke you up 3rd gear or BBQ.LOL We will be in Texas for a about 3 weeks and will stop and see you and Patty
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2008, 01:50:44 PM »

Cody I'll build you an engine if you can keep it cool, some one else can pop for gears and trans. your on your own for fuel, tires, tickets and all parts broken.

Hey Sonnie I have to go to Houston need to be there on the 14th of march might try to swing up to your place on my way back. Let me know the address and if you'll be home. that is if you don't mind.Clifford may be you;ll be there at the same time. party

dreamscape aren't you out in west Texas some where.
Don
luvrbus

« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2008, 01:57:03 PM »

Don, where are you going to be in Houston thats where we are headed I know some good sea food places we can eat at if you have time
Dreamscape

« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2008, 03:18:22 PM »

Don,

We are in Abilene, west of Dallas. I won't be back home until March 16th so it might work out. Give me a call 325-660-4635 if you decide you will be in the area. Sure be glad to meet you and swap lies.
I know of some great places to eat Texas Style!

Paul

ps. Sonnie is just being modest, that Eagle will fly! I will call you tomorrow sometime.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 03:21:46 PM by Dreamscape » Logged
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2008, 06:18:44 PM »

Shortly after I got my ISM/Autoshift repower complete I filled up with fresh diesel at our local TA truck stop.  The weather that day was beautiful, sunny and extremely windy.  On the way back I was running with the wind that had gusts over 30mph.  The speed limit on this stretch of Interstate is 70mph.  Well, I decided to put my foot into the fuel lever a little and see what would happen.  Well, I was instantly running at the limit of my speedo ... 85mph.  This was fun until the road started curving a little and ended up giving a partial cross wind.  Well, running 80+ and fighting the wind gusts made for an adventurous ride!  I ran like this for about a mile and decided I'd had enough fun.  I slowed back down to 70 or so and the stability came back to less than "pucker" factor.  I know, I'm rambling a bit here ... but in my 1985 bus 70 is more than fast enough for me!  I do have dreams of seeing just how fast 400 hp and .73 overdrive can go, but haven't been anywhere where this could possibly be attempted without danger to other people!  I normally run around 65 on the interstates and find this gets me where I'm going fast enough.  Of course, I now have cruise control and REALLY love it!  Cruise control and horse power ... an awesome combination!
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2008, 11:40:32 PM »

Hmmmmm. . .

80, 85, 90 mph, maybe more. . .

On tires rated for 65 or 75 mph max. . .

A liar-for-hire might have a field day after the pieces are picked up??   Undecided

Just checking. . .

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2008, 06:39:45 AM »

Hmmmmm. . .

80, 85, 90 mph, maybe more. . .

On tires rated for 65 or 75 mph max. . .

A liar-for-hire might have a field day after the pieces are picked up??   Undecided

Just checking. . .

If we did everything in life to keep the lawyers from being able to screw us over we would never get anything done ...

The tires on my bus are speed rated for 80mph...  At the light loading I have on my tires (yes I have weighed my axles) there is no danger of tire failure at 85.  Faster than that ... yes ... have good tires at full inflation and those risks can be partially mitigated
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: