Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 04:18:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warming my heart...ot I guess....  (Read 2200 times)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 06:21:03 AM »

Jack,

With Kyle already in Love with a new 4501, I am wondering if I will need to plant some shrubs around that thing..... Grin  LOL

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 06:26:52 AM »

Jack,

With Kyle already in Love with a new 4501, I am wondering if I will need to plant some shrubs around that thing..... Grin  LOL

Cliff

Cliff you wouldn't be indicating that Kyle might be the lov'm n leave'm type would ya!? LOL!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 06:32:32 AM »

Cliff you wouldn't be indicating that Kyle might be the lov'm n leave'm type would ya!? LOL!
Grin  BK  Grin

BK,

I sure HOPE not!  Tongue

Of course, since he's never actually driven one, there NO telling the range of emotions he may go through.  Grin

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 07:36:52 PM »

Of course, since he's never actually driven one, there NO telling the range of emotions he may go through.  Grin

Cliff

Hey, I resemble that remark . . . .

BTW, this 'new' one wasn't even on the horizon when I got 011.

Anyways Cliff, I ain't forgot about 011 & I'm workin' on it.  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 11:02:37 AM »

We got our bus last thanksgiving and I have taken a lot of kidding about it from family and friends and a lot of doubters who said it will never be done..That being said, I have a 16 year old daughter that we've gone through the typical adolesence problems with, and she'd rather be with her friends than Mom and Dad, and would only reluctently come with us camping in our old S&S...
Soooooo..we've got friends in SanDiago that we'd love to visit (From Niagara Falls), and as we were discussing it the other day, I mentioned to her that the only way we could do it would be to drive... she replied... and i quote..."As long as we take the bus, it would be awesome"... Sort of makes it all worth it!

TF -

While you're at it, since she's 16, teach her how to drive that big old MCI too - then she'll REALLY have something to share with her friends!!

Just had a thought -  Picture a DMV examiner on the way out the door to take a 16-year old for their very first driver's license drive test.  Can you just imagine the "priceless" look on his/her face if the youngster was taking that test in a 40-foot bus conversion?  Even more hilarious would be if the testee was a young lady about 5' tall weighing almost 98 lbs. and the bus was a crash-box 4-spd.

Get the camera!!

Wink

Disclaimer:  I am in NO way mocking the young lady, her size, weight or driving skills in this scene.  I am only talking about the priceless look on the DMV examiner's face when he/she's told/shown that the young lady wants to take her very first driver's license test drive in a stick-shift, forty-foot bus conversion.

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 09:16:02 PM »

With Kyle already in Love with a new 4501, I am wondering if I will need to plant some shrubs around that thing.....   LOL

Hey Cliff...don't worry, he is trying to get it moved as quick as he can!  Now where is that %%&&(#@^#@Y bumper? LOL Grin

Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: