Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 03:30:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida Power Outage  (Read 833 times)
WEC4104

Ignore
« on: February 26, 2008, 01:24:55 PM »

I just caught a news story about a huge power outage that has hit Florida. News sources are saying there are 800K customers without electric. There were thunderstorms in the area and a tornado warning but the exact cause for the outage is unknown.  Disney World was also affected.  You guys exercising your generators?

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 01:28:17 PM »

I just caught a news story about a huge power outage that has hit Florida. News sources are saying there are 800K customers without electric. There were thunderstorms in the area and a tornado warning but the exact cause for the outage is unknown.  Disney World was also affected.  You guys exercising your generators?

Ah oh, where's Cliff? Probably just left on a mini vacation !lol And to think he just posted shortly ago too! LOL! Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 01:40:56 PM »

Yep!. one of the many neat things about owning a coach conversion is that when the commercial power goes out (again!) we most likely do not even know, nor care.  "Honey, can I have another tall cold one?"  Then eventually ALL the stick house neighbors show up asking "I really have to go "you know what"....can I use your...."?.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 01:42:30 PM »

Ah oh, where's Cliff? Probably just left on a mini vacation !lol And to think he just posted shortly ago too! LOL! Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

Well there you go.  That's what happened.  Cliff turned the switch off as he left town.
cody

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 02:25:50 PM »

I'm innocent, innocent I say, just because I dragged along snow and ice storms and cold weather doesn't mean I killed the power too lol. Yep, did I mention innocent? and shy too. Just remember that just because I'm buttugly, that doesn't mean I'm smart. Expiring minds want to know.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 05:07:13 PM »

Somehow I new I would be held suspect!   Grin

Well, I was just about to enjoy lunch went that darn power went out.

Only hit us for about an hour.  But, I was glad I had just test run the genny the other day!

I was amazed that most (always a few idiots) used the lights as 4 way stops.

The outage might slow down the flood of portable generators on the market lately.

It seems many are saying "We won't need it, no hurricanes for a couple of years"

Glad I have MY Bus!

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: