Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
April 23, 2018, 08:23:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: What air valve do I need for air ride seat to control height?  (Read 5614 times)
Kevin Warnock
Full Member
Offline Offline

Posts: 237

« on: February 26, 2008, 06:53:12 PM »


I am putting a new driver and passenger seat into my RTS. I got a great deal on Craigslist on two new leather racing seats like for a sports car. These have built in slide rails on them for forward and backward positioning. Since the RTS is a transit bus, I also bought two brand new National 95 air ride pedestals. These come with no adjustment valves to raise and lower the seating position. The dealer wants $40 per valve to sell me valves, but he said I could probably do better elsewhere to buy these parts. He didn't have a picture of his product, and I don't really know what valve I need. I suspect I need a valve that has 3 positions: center off and one position on each side of center. Then, I would push the lever one way to make the seat go up, and the other way to make the seat go down. When the seat is in the desired location, I would return the lever to the center position.

I found some valves that might work at this url, but I can't figure from the description if they will do what I want.


They also appear to be more expensive than $40, but my goal is to determine what kind of valve I need, and then I can look for a better price.

The seats pedestals use a 1/4" diameter air hose.

Any ideas?



« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 07:50:09 PM »

They are called Air Valve (height control).
This is momentary 3 position air valve. One is center off (relax position), one for bleeding and other for adding air.

You can get them at any heavy duty truck parts or dealer.


Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
Hero Member
Offline Offline

Posts: 1261

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 01:16:22 AM »

Kevin, my air ride seat is a Cush-N-Aire made by National Seating Co.  That might give you a good starting place. Since I have the inflatable lombar cushion my seat has a cluster of two switches but you may find a single switch on their website under replacement parts.

Good luck on your search...you won't be unhappy you made this choice.


True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!