Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 08:16:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What air valve do I need for air ride seat to control height?  (Read 3402 times)
Kevin Warnock

Ignore
« on: February 26, 2008, 06:53:12 PM »

Hello,

I am putting a new driver and passenger seat into my RTS. I got a great deal on Craigslist on two new leather racing seats like for a sports car. These have built in slide rails on them for forward and backward positioning. Since the RTS is a transit bus, I also bought two brand new National 95 air ride pedestals. These come with no adjustment valves to raise and lower the seating position. The dealer wants $40 per valve to sell me valves, but he said I could probably do better elsewhere to buy these parts. He didn't have a picture of his product, and I don't really know what valve I need. I suspect I need a valve that has 3 positions: center off and one position on each side of center. Then, I would push the lever one way to make the seat go up, and the other way to make the seat go down. When the seat is in the desired location, I would return the lever to the center position.

I found some valves that might work at this url, but I can't figure from the description if they will do what I want.

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNPDFF?PMPAGE=3935&PMT4NO=38535307&PMT4TP=*ITPD&PMITEM=09249103&PMCTLG=00

They also appear to be more expensive than $40, but my goal is to determine what kind of valve I need, and then I can look for a better price.

The seats pedestals use a 1/4" diameter air hose.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin
Sojourner

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 07:50:09 PM »

Kevin:
They are called Air Valve (height control).
This is momentary 3 position air valve. One is center off (relax position), one for bleeding and other for adding air.
http://velvac.thomasnet.com/item/air-products-air-accessory-valves/height-and-lumbar-control-seat-valves/032201?&seo=110

You can get them at any heavy duty truck parts or dealer.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 01:16:22 AM »

Kevin, my air ride seat is a Cush-N-Aire made by National Seating Co.  That might give you a good starting place. Since I have the inflatable lombar cushion my seat has a cluster of two switches but you may find a single switch on their website under replacement parts.

Good luck on your search...you won't be unhappy you made this choice.

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: