Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 17, 2014, 11:17:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone want to drive a Scenicruiser?  (Read 4977 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 10:22:36 AM »

Kyle,

just a few observations.......

1.   Possession is 9/10 the law?    By the looks Patrick has possession of the orphan.
 2.   Fly up? well shut my mouth get that thing running and let Patrick drive up (geter done)
 3.   As any well run Orphanage will tell you when your orphan has a good home it is emotionally traumatic
       to be moving the orphan from the south to the north.

Have a safe trip

Skip

You forgot something important & that is the wife's opinion. You see, before I entrusted Cliff with temporary guardianship of this orphan, I made sure his wife didn't want it.  Grin

See, you gots to do your homework!  Cool

BTW, If Cliff decides he has to have it, I can't think of anyone more worthy.  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
skipn

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 10:31:57 AM »

I didn't know Patrick was married?  (I'm just being a brat)

Well at least Patrick will have a wonderful fort until its' departure.

As far as Cliff's wife I no nothing about her but learned along time ago not to
 wind up the better half I like Cliff to much to do that to him.

Skip
pd4501-771
Tom McNally

PD4501-771 "All 43 seats.....still a bus !"

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 11:58:53 PM »

Hey Kyle

Good luck, have a safe trip man. Whats the serial of this one again ?........ for my records. Is Jack going along? I'd love to go, but I'm still in CA. one more week. Be good. Say hey to Jack.

Tom McNally 

PD4501-771
PD4501-1001
PD4104-3462
PD3751-686

If you know of the whereabouts of a PD4501 Scenicruiser - I would like to add the serial number to my registry of surviving Scenics.  www.tomsgarageonline.com
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 04:56:29 AM »

Hey Tom,
It is 586.
Jack is going & Ash is too  Grin

So I'll be in great company, maybe, between the 2 of them, I'll learn how to drive!  Shocked
Ash said he wanted to see how this one drives compared to his.

About Ca, as long as you're there, you may as well try to enjoy it. Has Chad been chauffeuring you around on this trip with his Scenicruiser?

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 06:28:01 AM »

Kyle,

Hurry up, because here is another one that needs you:

1955 GREYHOUND SCENICRUISER BUS - $10000

http://austin.craigslist.org/for/559541167.html

"1955 scenicruiser 40' This bus is number 470 made out of 1001 built between 1954 and 1956. Great project for RV conversion. It has a 8V 71 detroit diesel motor, everything runs, motor purrs like a kitten. Contact via email, thank you."

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 06:50:00 AM »

That's a bit much price wise for my budget  Sad

The pictures of it on a trailer don't instill much confidence in how well it runs  Shocked
Can't tell much from the pictures either, but maybe that's a good thing  Grin

Where are all those guys that seem to think scenicruiser parts are so valuable? Seems to me they would be lined up to buy it & make millions parting it out!   Shocked  Grin  Roll Eyes

Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 07:00:21 AM »

Kyle,

Asking price means nothing. I have made offers that some might find offensive, and to my suprise, they were accepted without the seller batting an eye.  Sometimes folks just want to get rid of it. Anyways, I wasn't serious though, just wanted to stir the pot. Grin

Have fun,

Laryn

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
pd4501-771
Tom McNally

PD4501-771 "All 43 seats.....still a bus !"

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2008, 07:03:19 AM »

Kyle

Hold on! You, Jack, and Ash.......I think there are laws against such like minds running together in one pack. Thats like a bus "gang". You dudes will have a blast. Tell Ash hello. Have not seen Chad. Weather is great here. 83 or so yesterday, I think. I actually got some sun burn on the back of my neck while on the roof doing inspections.Yeah, like my neck isn't red all the time! Beats the hell out of 10 above at home. Now I see why people live here! I assume one of you will do pictures, and video of the trip. Thanks for the serial info. I just wrote down #470 also. Take care.

Tom McNally

PD4501-771
PD4501-1001
PD4104-3462
PD3751-686

If you know of the whereabouts of a PD4501 Scenicruiser - I would like to add the serial number to my registry of surviving Scenics.  www.tomsgarageonline.com
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2008, 07:44:02 AM »

Kyle

Hold on! You, Jack, and Ash.......I think there are laws against such like minds running together in one pack. Thats like a bus "gang". You dudes will have a blast. Tell Ash hello. Have not seen Chad. Weather is great here. 83 or so yesterday, I think. I actually got some sun burn on the back of my neck while on the roof doing inspections.Yeah, like my neck isn't red all the time! Beats the hell out of 10 above at home. Now I see why people live here! I assume one of you will do pictures, and video of the trip. Thanks for the serial info. I just wrote down #470 also. Take care.

Tom McNally

Tom soon it will be easier to list the ones still in existance, and then scratch off the ones Kyle doesn't own! LOL!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2008, 08:03:15 AM »

Kyle,
You guys will be leaving in about 25 hours, the entire MAK board will truly be interested in your trip to get your new Cruiser.  I surely wish I could of gone, everyone stay safe, keep it at (55 MPH) for safety and fuel conservation and not stress the ole girl out on her voyage to her new home to be with her other siblings. 

Again, stay to the right, stay at 55 and stay alive.  You will be traveling with a great group of friends and busnut family. We all look forward to any and every update possible from the time you leave tomorrow at noon.

Gary

Gary
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2008, 08:25:46 AM »

Kyle

Hold on! You, Jack, and Ash.......I think there are laws against such like minds running together in one pack. Thats like a bus "gang". You dudes will have a blast. . . . . 

This little trip pales in comparison to Chad picking you up at LAX in his Scenicruiser to give you the scenic tour of the area on the way to meet up with Phil.  Cool

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2008, 08:44:41 AM »

Kyle,
. . . . keep it at (55 MPH) for safety . . . .
Gary

Huh  Huh  Huh

I belive driving with the flow of traffic is the safest practice.
But 55 mph in a 70 mph zone where most are running 80?
Are you NUTS? If we drive 25 mph slower than the rest of the traffic, we'll surely be in an accident!  Shocked

Come on, Gary, have a little faith. This is a mighty Scenicruiser we're talking about!  Grin
Rest assured, we will be safe & drive conservatively to take it easy on her, but I'm not interested in creating a hazzard by driving too slowly! Too many people will do even more stupid things to get around you & then there are the idiots with road rage. . . .
Besides, I was planning on 60 - 65 as that is where the best fuel economy is (or, so I'v been told by other scenic owners).

Lou assures me this bus loves to run with the big dogs & even take it's turn in front. Lou has logged over a million miles on his '72 Pete, so I'm guessing his opinion is good.  Grin

Besides, when they had the twin 4-71's in them, if you defeated the hi-gear govenor, the bus would run over 100 mph!

But, I ain't interested in seeing if she wants to do that anymore Shocked

Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2008, 09:01:42 AM »

OK, Kyle
Go for it.  Have a safe trip no matter what the speed you do.
Gary

Gary
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2008, 09:09:23 AM »

Gary, I know you are bummed out about not going on this trip & want to be sure we'll return safely.

We will. I have no intentions of getting in a hurry. We are gonna let the bus set the pace. If something needs attention, we will stop & fix it. No prayer maintainence for me.  Grin

You will get your chance to see it soon  Grin

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2008, 04:32:19 PM »

Last call  Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: