Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 27, 2014, 07:05:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More bus graphics  (Read 1952 times)
Ross

Ignore
« on: June 04, 2006, 08:27:04 AM »

I've also been wrestling with some graphics, but I'm no good at choosing colors that go together.  I like the design but I can't settle on the colors.  The base color is white.  I chose a silver for the bottom color to compliment the stainless siding and green as the top color to compliment the interior.  The middle color is sort of a cross between the two, a silvery light green.  I tried somthing in the window belt area but it just got too busy.  Comments and suggestions welcome. Thanks...

coachcrazy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 08:48:29 AM »

i like it but heres an idea.    try reversing the graphix so that your tribal like hooks near the front are closer to the rear.  that way you can swoop the hook parts up into the window belt area, just a thought.

looks great reguardless
christopher

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 09:05:28 AM »

its worth it to spend some money and hire someone that does it for a living. its worth it.
christopher
mci5c
good luck
NCbob

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 11:11:00 AM »

Perhaps it's just my taste (I'm an old Fart)  Cheesy  but most of the coaches I see today are just too damned busy for me.  My wife and I are sort of low profile people and today's graphics are a bit on the heavy side.  It's..sort of like the car salesman who wears a bright red sports jacket....it's not for the customers to recognoze him...it's to make him feel a bit more important to himself. Undecided

I guess being flambouyant is OK for some people but it isn't for us.  If there's anything I want people to remember about my bus it's not the paint job.  I want them to remember, how pleasant the folks were who traveled in it, it didn'y kill 99.9$ of the mosquitos on startup, and the stainless was polished and the aluminum wheels were to die for. 

The whole idea of bussin' to me is a relaxed atmosphere in the company of good folks and the last thing I'm gonna get interested in is the paint job they put on the bus.  Perhaps paint and graphics is an ego thing...don't know.  but then...as I said...I'm an old fart!  ; Angry

FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 11:39:04 AM »

I am also of the "Less is More" on this stripe business.

But if i wanted something really cool on the bus i would go for something like this.

Now thats a cool paint job!

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 01:38:24 PM »

Here's a few more....But I think I'm leaning toward the first....Part of me wants something simple and part of me looks at the bus as a huge white empty canvas.

NCbob

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 04:39:43 PM »

Hey guy, whatever motivates ya'...go for it!  Roll Eyes  Guess it's an expression of your inner self.

Cliff, if you could peel the car off that van...I know someone who'd buy it!!!!! Kiss

NCbob
Busnut83

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 08:24:31 PM »

Hey,,, ncbob,,, I agree with  you,,, does that make me and my wife an old-fart too...Huh!!!! Grin Shocked Roll Eyes
NCbob

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 03:55:07 AM »

One has to be very careful when dealing with the Old Fart label....one would not wish for it to be misconstrued with being an old curmudgeon.  Undecided  OF's are just sort of blase' about most things...while old curmudgeon's are grumpy and opinionated about most everything.   Angry  Happier to be the former and not the latter.  Huh

NCbob
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 06:03:03 AM »

One has to be very careful when dealing with the Old Fart label....one would not wish for it to be misconstrued with being an old curmudgeon.  Undecided  OF's are just sort of blase' about most things...while old curmudgeon's are grumpy and opinionated about most everything.   Angry  Happier to be the former and not the latter.  Huh

NCbob

Bob, Any hints as to how I can upgrade from the latter to the former?
Richard
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 06:40:59 AM by Driving MissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 06:28:18 AM »

Ross, I wouldn't paint any graphics on the front entrance door, polish the door skin.
Polish the stainless sides, paint the bus in a two tone scheme - like an old BelAir.
Top window area can be one color to belt line, center area to lower belt line can be another color.
You can add "pearl" to any color to give it a different look.
Paint the belt lines to look like stainless trim.
Best of luck with your project.  Cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: