Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 11:59:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "One of a kind" MCI 9 back up on ebay  (Read 1315 times)
TrevorH

Ignore
« on: February 28, 2008, 06:01:29 PM »

Imagine that, the unibody fiberglass MCI9 is back up on ebay as the winner did not follow through with the transaction.  The new listing also states that it will have to be towed to the new owners address instead of the old one that said it ran and drove great.  Funny
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MCI-MC9-Custom_W0QQitemZ250220793328QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250220793328

1987 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 5 spd MT
Tucson, AZ
chazwood

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 06:16:09 PM »

Don't know if anyone pointed this out the last time around..... but it looks like they wrapped wet glass around the vertical window posts to attach the outside skin to the frame. Roll Eyes

I give it 10 mins. and a few good bumps before that starts to peel apart.  Angry

1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com
compedgemarine

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 06:19:49 AM »

lets see, that makes at least three who have backed out on it. two of the original bids were retracted and the winner bailed. possibly four if they had offered a second chance to the one losing bid. this thing must show really well in person. I guess if the deal was REALLY Great it would be worth something in parts but with transport fees you would have to get for almost nothing.
steve
TrevorH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 08:42:55 AM »

I kinda feel sorry for the guy.  I'm sure he spent alot of time and money and frustration doing all that glass work.  Unfortunately it looks as though he did not understand the physics of a bus.  From talking to him, I would say he knows alot about fiberglass as he does alot of repairs on boats but the bus must be his first.  Probably last after he gives this one away. 

1987 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 5 spd MT
Tucson, AZ
compedgemarine

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 03:31:30 PM »

truth is if you are a good fabricator you could cut the glass into panels (roof and two sides) build back the frame and put the panels back on with Sikaflex and glass up the seams you cut into it. would definately be a lot of work but could be pretty cool. of course it would only be worth it if it was a steal.
steve
Sojourner

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 10:12:34 PM »

Yes it can be repaired to regains it structural strength.

Fiberglass look very good and neat.

One of few reasons it not driveable is no radiator inlets and lights and wipers not installed yet.

This a good handy man project that want expense & work done but finish the needed work for very low cost.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: