Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 03:54:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel costs  (Read 20553 times)
JohnEd

Ignore
« on: March 01, 2008, 11:07:24 AM »

Now this should go to OT but I wanted to start it here and get more comments to start.

I copied this from  BioD site:

Price of gasoline around the world   

Posted by: just in  on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 06:16 AM
 Interesting little piece of info:

The Price of Gas Around the World
Country and Price per US gallon

Norway $ 8.67
Netherlands $ 8.52
Belgium $ 8.36
Germany $ 8.06
United Kingdom $ 7.91
Italy $ 7.68
France $ 7.46
Spain $ 7.34
Poland $ 6.55
Japan $ 5.19
Brazil** $ 4.14
United States $ 3.10
Russia $ 3.03
Kazakhstan $ 2.73
Mexico* $ 2.46
China $ 2.27
Nigeria $ 2.23
Saudi Arabia $ 0.45
Iran $ 0.42
Venezuela* $ 0.11

* All prices from November 2007, except Mexico and Venezuela in August 2007
** Brazil is 25% ethanol, so price adjusted downward to be comparable Source: Reuters, November 2007
Source: Fastcompany "Prices at the Pump - Around the World"

This is dated info and I don't have any more current.  Wasn't looking for this but it popped up.  Question:  Name two countries in the world that produce oil that we are nearly at war with at this time?  Name three that are actively anti-American?  Name the richest corporation on the planet?

Oh Well!  This ain't political!

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 11:49:59 AM »

Show me $3.10 and I will go fill up.... It's $3.50 to $3.60 in the Tampa Bay area.

Bill
MCI-9 for sale

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
TrevorH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 12:31:50 PM »

My question is what the heck are diesel prices doing?  What are they 50 cents higher than normal gasoline?

1987 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 5 spd MT
Tucson, AZ
Eagle

1985 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 12:55:59 PM »

We get what we deserve by electing people by parties rather than electing people that we THINK will do the best job.

We never know who will do the best job but at least lets quit voting for the parties.

FLAME FLAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Green-Hornet

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 01:28:28 PM »

My question is what the heck are diesel prices doing?  What are they 50 cents higher than normal gasoline?
My guess is higher taxes and the developement of lower sulfer in the fuel has driven up the costs. I might be totally wrong and it is just greed from the oil companies. Wink
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 01:44:19 PM »

World fuel prices are generally driven by the speculators who purchase future fuel contracts. It wasn't too long ago when they were bailing out like crude oil had the plague...but they're back. These are big investors who make money on futures and they don't give a rats' fanny about the consumer. It's part of the free market system. I don't like it...but there isn't too much I can do about it except plan ahead....now let's talk about that.

We don't move up and down the highway like the freight haulers...we move when we wish to do so.  That gives us a  slight advantage over the truckers and revenue bus operators, like our good friend BK.

We have mostly have 150-200 gallon fuel tanks and know when we're 'tripping'. We can, with a bit of extra effort, fill a couple of 6 gallon jugs on those occasions when we buy gasoline for our trucks and cars and haul a few gallons of diesel back and dump it in the tank. Notice! We're not making a big impact on the market...just a couple of more gallons here and there.

Imagine this: at $3.49 a gallon (today's disgusting price) you've bought 10-12 gallons of diesel. Cost you $34.50 or about $42 bucks. If you do that over a period of time you've filled the tank, made no appreciable impact on the market and insured that your next rally is within your grasp.

For some this will work...for others it won't. Overall it won't have a drastic effect on the prices of fuel but if it drives them crazy trying to figure out what is happening in the market....I'm for it!

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 01:47:50 PM »

Question:  Name two countries in the world that produce oil that we are nearly at war with at this time?  Name three that are actively anti-American?  Name the richest corporation on the planet?

Another Question:  Name one country that would be a leading oil producer if their companies were allowed to drill where needed.  Now name one country where the price of gasoline/diesel would not go down no matter how much more they pumped out of the ground.  
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 02:49:50 PM »

Diesel at Loves Truck stop in Tennessee $ 3.52/9 Road Fuel

At Exxon $ 3.49/9 Cookeville Tn. Road Fuel

At others locally $ 3.48 / 3.49 / 3.60 all +.9 Road Fuel

Farm Fuel $ 3.14/9  $3.05/9  $2.99/9 ( Red Dyed off road )

I just bought 90 gallons for "Farm Use" ... OOOOUUUUCCCHHHH!!!!

I am definately cutting it with Veggie as soon as I can get my filter setup again...

Dave....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 02:54:54 PM »

Diesel on north side of Chattanooga, TN - 3.399
Diesel on south side of Chattanooga, TN - 3.529
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 03:38:26 PM »

$3.45 in Tappahannock, Va. today

$3.79 in Cambridge, Md. today also

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
mikelutestanski

Mikes Metal Mistress

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 06:31:45 PM »

Hello:       
     Anybody remember when: 

Fuel was $1.09 per gallon
          Today the price is $ 3.50  and shooting for $4.00   

The government had a surplus
         Today the war is costing us   400 million per month   

What should we do?      whatever decision you make I would ask that you obtain facts about the issues;
           and not believe   everything you read...      FACTS  are verifiable. 

Happy bussin     Mike               

Mike Lutestanski   Dunnellon Florida
  1972 MCI 7
  L10 Cummins  B400R  4.625R
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 08:39:30 PM »

Mike,

I remember when regular was 17 cents a gallon and "Spur Gas" was 11 cents a gallon.  Back then D was always cheaper than regular cause it refines easier and there is more of it in a barrel of crude.....depending on where the crude comes from.

Fantastic advice on believing everything you read.  Really good and has stood the test of time and has never worn out.

So few people will go to the trouble to verify what they believe if they are challenged.  Asking "why do you believe that" will make you an enemy more often than not.  So sad.  Heck, I relish learning that something I believe is false cause it means I am smarter now than a minute ago and no longer will be passing on rubbish.  I mean it....its good news.

Facts ARE verifiable.  So very true.  What I usually add is that the other party should be diligent in determining WHO or WHERE they got that data and be on guard with any other tid bits that come from that source.  I read an article about this very thing and Rush was brought up as an example.  It went on about him being so very wrong about everything but even knowing this they still believed him "cause he had to be right about something and this time was the odds on favorite considering his string of falsehoods".  You go ahead and laugh but that "logic" works for some people.  Scary?  You bet!

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
compedgemarine

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 10:03:37 AM »

unfortunatly facts are like statistics in that if you pick and choose the right parts you can make them say whatever you want, just leave out the parts that dont work in your favor. all the talk about E85 fuels is this very problem. all the treehuggers talk about how great it is and ignore that it take 3/4 of a gallon of real fuel to make a gallon of E85 and then you have to burn more E85 to do the same work as the regular fuel in addition to the other side effects. of course if you leave all that info out then it is a great fuel. the downside to propaganda and hype is that it pulls people away from exploring other avenues that may be a better option than whatever version of the story someone is promoting.
just my .02.
steve
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 12:04:42 PM »

Here in Cape May, N.J. Today..

$ 374.9 gal. Diesel... Lucky Me!

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 01:20:47 PM »

Nick,

Holy bat farts Batman!  They said it would go to $4/gal but I thought it would take a few months.  Funny thing is that the costs to pump and transport haven't gone up a single cent and the amt pumped by each country is the same this month as last and there isn't expected to be a change until this price hike curbs demand.  Last month the demand fell and they didn't shut off the flow and prices fell but they are ever honing their reflexes and enjoining each other in treaties and trade agreements.  NEVER FORGET that they are our allies and they are joined at the hip with our native bred oil people/industry.

We absolutely MUST solve the medical cost problem cause we simply cannot afford to support the medical industry AND the oil industry as they run amok unchecked or regulated in our financial affairs.  Hard to believe that medical would be easier but they aren't as consolidated and they don't have the POWER that oil has so, as the weakest, they will get held to account first....if we are Lucky.

Steve,

When people tell that "facts don't matter" they are really telling you that they don't have any facts to support their argument/opinion.  That is really it, honest.  This goes along with the guy that doesn't want you to vote telling you that "your vote doesn't matter". Or the guy that wants you to "hate" your government and not participate telling you that "they are all the same" and that usually follows as a rebuttal to one of theirs being found guilty of a crime against you.  So why do people tell you that "college professors don't know everything"?  Or, We don't owe them **** cause they enlisted to get college money and an "EASY" retirement at the taxpayer's expense.  Or, "those ***** treehuggars/ecologists are only trying to save the ....."you can finish that and connect the dots.  Facts do matter.  The truth can be told.  Educated and informed people/professionals can be understood.  You can get enuf of the story to make a solid decision even if you never get all the information,  as in every scintilla of data, and as you make more and more informed decisions you get better at doing that.  The scientific method method of investigation works.  The Socratic method of investigation works.  Logic and reason work.

Don't give up on us or yourself.  We are all worth it.  They want you to quit and go away and sulk/grumble, but keep spending and not challenge them.  Hang in there Baby.

John

—Pla
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: