Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 20, 2014, 02:53:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Poll
Question: Should Ace Rossi be allowed back on this Board  (Voting closed: March 16, 2008, 06:35:04 AM)
Yes, immediately - 44 (62%)
In another 30 days - 0 (0%)
Only with a written promise to behave - 6 (8.5%)
Solely at the discretion of the Moderators - 17 (23.9%)
Absolutely NO - 4 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 67

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: People barred from this Board  (Read 3523 times)
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« on: March 06, 2008, 05:35:04 AM »

When we attended Bussin' 2008 at Arcadia this year one of our neighbors and Blue Grass enthusiasts was Ace Rossi and Susan. It tugged at my heart to know that Ace is known to so many people and is so active in our hobby but is not welcome on this Board.  I know the story as to why he was barred but I truthfully believe that enough time has passed and in speaking to him yesterday he was told he could re-join but his application always seems to get bypassed.

I feel Ace has been exiled long enough to realize that this Board is a world of mellow discussion and he should be given an opportunity to join us again.

That's the question. Should Ace be allowed to join our ranks once again?

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
chazwood

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 05:48:45 AM »

I guess it depends on what he did?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 06:13:04 AM by chazwood » Logged

1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com
luvrbus

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 05:52:01 AM »

I never had a problem with ACE I think just because he had  trouble with Richard wasn't a good reason to ban him from the board .I have seen a lot worse here             just my thoughts on the subject
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 06:10:31 AM »

Hi Bob,

I think that if he would like to have his ban lifted, then he would just have to ask me.

Of course, his posts would have to be moderated for a period of time. His posts just has to be civilized!

I think that everybody deserves a second chance!

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
chazwood

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 06:21:51 AM »

I will say that my kids like to read posts on this board and I hope the airways stay clean enough to continue to allow that. One thing I like about this board is the lack of juvenile expletives. You guys have class. 

1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 06:26:56 AM »

Hey Bob,

Can you modify your poll to include a "Don't Care" option?

Ace never bothered me as I know I am always right and chose to ignore folks who don't agree with me. They will recognize their folly soon enough!   Grin Grin Grin Grin

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
luvrbus

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 06:30:38 AM »

Chaz, you can thank the moderators for keeping the board clean my grandkids love to read the board also and not one time have I ask them to clean up something have they refused
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 06:39:51 AM »

I don't think Ace's problem was his language, but the attitude that came across from some of his post.  Paula & I are good friends with Ace & Susan and he comes across much different in person than he does when writing.  In fact, Ace was the impetus that started the Bussin' rallies that Paula and I do every year.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 06:48:47 AM »

Well first off it really isn't my place to decide, as I had nothing at all to do with his ban & I'm not a moderator. But on the other hand ACE has much knowledge, and many great ideas to share with others on this board. And yes he has had some issues with his temper/attitude. But we all seem to have bad days (I've even had 1 once! LOL!), and bad days seem to come with bad judgement in what or how to express ourselves occasionally (as I mentioned, I was guilty myself, once! LOL!) There have been others who have stepped over the line before, and there will be again. The thing is to learn from it and adjust your self control, to deal with it in a responsible manner. I've never met ACE in person, but have interacted here on this and the "other board", and even spoke with him on the phone, and I truly believe he is just like most of the rest of here and has a genuine love of buses, tons of great knowledge, and many great ideas to share. But I also believe he needs to show respect for the rest of the members here on the board even on his bad days! I also totally agree that if he wants to come back, he should email or CALL the top dog and politely discuss what why & how it happened that he was banned, and what will be done in the FUTURE to avoid it from happening again!
FWIW Grin  BK  Grin

PS Sorry Nick for calling you a dog! LOL!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 07:09:39 AM »

I do not know what happen to get him barred from the board but on the BNO board I have seen him make comments about Fast Fred's bus I thought were inappropriate but all of us have our short coming and sometimes the mind and fingers are not always in sync
paulcjhastings

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 07:12:14 AM »

When I asked for help looking at the Setra I bought Ace was the only person to respond. I spoke to him on the phone several times and he was nothing but a gentleman. I tried to offer him money to compensate him for his time, but he refused.(I think it was a 45min drive each way plus the time he spent looking it over and emailing me pics) This was shortly after his ban, I asked him about it because I had no problems at all dealing with him. He didn't badmouth anyone here.

I know there are times when we've all said things we regret, we all need forgiveness for past and future offences.

Paul Hastings
1993 Setra 215 w/ Detroit Series 60 & Allison HT748
Belle Plaine, MN
612-987-6021cel
Slow Rider
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 07:22:24 AM »

I see no problem with letting Ace back on the board.  His actions will determine how long he stays...........

I believe anyone should be given a second chance.

If however, anyone is banned twice, I think there would have to be a very compelling reason to ever let them back on the board again.

Frank

The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 07:30:05 AM »

I will say that my kids like to read posts on this board and I hope the airways stay clean enough to continue to allow that. One thing I like about this board is the lack of juvenile expletives. You guys have class. 

Chaz, you can thank the moderators for keeping the board clean my grandkids love to read the board also and not one time have I ask them to clean up something have they refused

What did the fish say when he swam into the cement wall?
>
>
>
Dam.

I didnít know he was banded, I thought he just stopped posting, like Luke or Fast Fred and some of the other legends.

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
skipn

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 07:39:34 AM »

In being on the board and 2 others that Ace is on or was on there are a few things I have noticed.

As a friend I would trust him to watch my back. If he didn't like me he would most certainly be vocal to me.
 There are a few busnuts Ace does not get along with and I get the sense that the feelings are mutual.
 I personally would never want to try and censor the strong personality that Ace seems to portray.

In the very few times I have disagreed with Ace I treated him with respect and he returned inkind.

Just remember not to debate him on what is the proper pick to use with a mandolin and things will be fine Smiley

Just My 2 cents

Skip
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 07:57:38 AM »

Everybody deserves a second chance, well most everybody, I would not give Hitler, Sadam and a few  select others one.
 I've met Ace and Susan and in person they are great people. It's realy simple, If you dont like what a person posts or the way they post it, dont read thier posts and for goodness sake's don't argue with them!!!!!!!                                                                       Jim Robinson

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: