Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 07:41:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Poll
Question: Should Ace Rossi be allowed back on this Board  (Voting closed: March 16, 2008, 06:35:04 AM)
Yes, immediately - 44 (62%)
In another 30 days - 0 (0%)
Only with a written promise to behave - 6 (8.5%)
Solely at the discretion of the Moderators - 17 (23.9%)
Absolutely NO - 4 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 67

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: People barred from this Board  (Read 3423 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2008, 12:15:20 PM »

I rather enjoy the depravity of a good flame war, so I'll step right in if I think I have a point to add.
I know the difference between sticks & stones. I also have thick skin - or is it a thick skull?
I have met many knowledgeable bus folk who won't post for fear of being attacked - they just don't want to deal with the drama.

Openly debating facts & opinions bus related is one thing.

Personal, vicious attacks are something entirely different.

Deleting the vicious posts leaves those that didn't read them in the dark & gives the offending poster a free pass to continue.

Based on the whole of the posts I've read, the moderators did this board a favor & exercised good judgement in using their power to ban certain posters. I'll defer to their judgement concerning lifting of any ban they have imposed.

My grandmother once said "If you act like an @$#, you shouldn't be surprised when you are treated like one."

Basically, it all comes down to showing respect for others & earning it for yourself.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2008, 01:18:42 PM »

As I see it we are a community, each and every one of us is a part of it. Myself a smaller part, others a larger part of it. I have spoken to Richard and I grew up just a few short mountain ridges from where he lives. I've had conversations with Ace and I find him very likeable and helpful. Men are a proud bunch, and to ask Ace to call and grovel to came back may be asking something very hard to do. I think if Nick was the one to ban Ace then it's up to Nick to reinstate Ace and be done with it. We need everyone who wants to be here. We are only on this earth a short time and we all need each other at times. I almost died Last Sat, so this stuff is trivial to me
So Nick I'm asking in a nice way please put and end to it and invite Ace back. 

WVaNative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2008, 01:25:31 PM »

Not that it matters now.. But the person responsible for starting the war was not ACE.

Never was and hasn't been ever since. His responses were acted out as a defensive measure from all historical reference to what started the affair.

The Person whom was elemental was and is still a Global Moderator of this board.

That is the sole reason that the mess became out of control. When a moderator doesn't like something here they just delete peoples messages because it pissed them off. That is the bottom line....

Ace is on my board and has behaved very well, He like all of us can become sensitive if conversations start reeling out of control.

To the moderators and admins of this board. Gentlemen you do tend to make the appearance that you are the final word in many things. Not once have two of you actually agreed on anything. All things considered as a general rule you have done a pretty good job so far even forgiving some of the " It's Mine! " nonsense.

As for anyone deciding whether a person is welcome or not. It should not come down to a POLL or 50 page dissertation by 90 people who have no idea what is going on.

You can flame me, ban me, delete me and be nastly all you want... I really don't care.
My life is not and will not be regulated by a POLL or any silly stuff like that. I don't think it is fair to anyone to put a POLL up to decide whether someone can participate on this or any other Bulleting Board.

Thanks, Guys this really pushed me over the edge...

I will be on my board where Fair is Fair http://www.rvbus.net

Dave....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2008, 02:20:12 PM »

I liked Bobofthenorth's take.  Just with the twist that I don't think I have the "power".... and want it not.   I would rather the pole have asked wether I "have a problem with Ace being.....to the board".  To that I answer NO!   I have no problem at all.  He put out some good stuff and was helpful and generous to many.

I also missed his being banned from posting.  Thought he was just laying low.  Now I am disappointed that I didn't drop him a line and express my disappointment...even IF he richly deserved the discipline.  I really do believe in PAYBACK and I look forward to getting mine and giving it and I conduct my life of deeds accordingly.  Now as far as argument and attitude and opinion, well that is different.  Maybe I am broad minded or maybe something else but I have actually promoted people that liked me not one bit but they followed my lead faithfully and their performance was exemplary.  No beer drinky, though.  Another comes to mind that had the morales of a curr dog and I loath habitual adulterers.  Still, look as I might I could find nothing in the evaluation guide and procedures that allowed me to consider either of their shortcomings.  Civil service requires, as a policy, that you promote who is the best qualified and who is the best performer and that for the good of the Nation.....its easy, see.  No politics.  And ,no, I am not simple minded enuf to even dream that I am the NORM.

Hope to hear from Ace soon but I support the moderators.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2008, 02:35:38 PM »

Since I'm the culprit who started all this I'm going to jump in here with a thought or two.

First thank you all for your votes and posts....the poll was the only way I could think of to show any measure of support for Ace. Those of us who know him realize that he's a completely different person, one on one in a discussion, than we might find in the written dialogue.  I've had what I thought were disagreements with some postings but I sent those members a personal message and kept any disagreements off the Board.

Anytime I find one of my posts has been deleted I sit up and take notice and rethink whether or not I should have approached the topic in the manner I did. That's what the Moderators do...and in most cases...do it well.

Perhaps a compromise would be to open Ace's membership again, quietly, and send him a PM to that effect.
I agree with WVNative that he shouldn't have to grovel to anyone...men don't treat men like that.

Wish I'd thought of the 'Don't Care' category...tried to add it but I guess I'm not that computer bright.

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2008, 03:11:42 PM »

Hi Bob,

It this point, this thread shouldn't be the pressure point for Ace or the bbs members and moderators to make a decision. Not fair to anyone!

If Ace wants back in, He'll know what is needed to make that happen.

This thread has expressed good and bad from all points of view and no others are needed. When and if Ace returns, it will be as quietly as he left.

Thanks
Nick-

I have now locked this thread!

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: