Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 04:02:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Gives?  (Read 4648 times)
BusCrazyinFL

Ignore
« on: March 06, 2008, 05:34:25 PM »

Just curious, why - when several were trying to voice their opinion on whether or not to allow Ace back on the board, was the discussion frozen and no further comments allowed? I wanted to mention a side of Ace that maybe some are not aware of...
At the bus rally in Arcadia, I noticed a front tire that had a large split in it. When the word got out, people flocked around my bus like flies, each having their own opinion on what I should do, whether or not I should try to drive it home, where I should try to get a new one (now remember, this was a holiday weekend) but the only ONE who stayed with me until I decided what would be the right thing to do, and the only ONE who actually changed that tire for me (with the help of tools loaned to us) was ACE. He is always there to lend a hand or do whatever he can to help a friend, especially a fellow bus nut. Isn't a year of being banned from this board punishment enough? At the very least, I feel this should be up for discussion by fellow board members, and to freeze the healthy discussion of the subject is quite frankly, nondemocratic, after all, this is America isn't it?
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 05:40:41 PM »

I wish the thread would have been left open too.  I checked in after 6PM, started reading the post, was enjoying the Lovefest, thought I would add my two cents in , just to find it closed.  Oh well!
Jack
PS...This coming from a guy that thought he would be banned for life this week!

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
luvrbus

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 05:48:48 PM »

To bad it's locked but probaby for the best FWIW ACE is not the only one barred from the board I know of others
Dreamscape

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 05:57:28 PM »

FWIW,

Ace was the gentleman who got me started on doing research on the history of "Dreamscape". I did not have the interest until he wrote me an email and said he knew one of the previous owners.

I have never met Ace, only conversed through emails. So I can only offer my thoughts.

I did read all of the previous posts on the discussed topic and was very suprised to see it locked. But that is not my descion to make, that is why we have boad moderators.

Other than that, I wish Ace well in his endeavors,

Paul
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 09:58:41 PM »

I have never personally spoken to ACE, but I know from others that he is sometimes misunderstood. I have a friend who just bought a H3 to convert and went to Arcadia for the bus convention. They have had nothing but nice things to say about him. I personally would like to meet him someday. He seems to have become somewhat of a legend over something I know nothing about. But it is clear that there is a majority that like him and the many that feel that way, I respect and trust their opinion. I have watched ACEís activity on the other boards and see nothing that I would consider abrasive or offensive. If he were to come back and post on this board, it would be most likely because of his love for the hobby and a desire to share with others, not because he has some burning desire to be here. Enough time has passed that everyone who was offended should be over it by now. Itís time to move on and treat him like everyone else. Everyone needs to set the example and practice the Golden Rule. If things get screwy again, then the moderators can deal with it again.

I am also a bit miffed that the other thread was locked. Maybe I missed somewhere why it should have been. But, then again, Iím not the sharpest person here on the board. As a courtesy, when the moderators decide to lock a post, they should provide an explanation as to why it is being lock. Instead of ďI have now locked this thread!Ē (Nick, your tone makes it look like you have a chip on your shoulder. Iím not getting the way this landed on you, but it didnít seem to land the same way on many of the rest of us). How about ďI am locking this thread becauseÖÖÖ..Ē and give a decent, easy to understand reason. I realize being a moderator is not easy and there are things you know and are privileged to that the rest of us are not. I do appreciate the tremendous amount of time and energy you devote to keeping this board as clean and inviting as possible. I am sharing my opinion on how this looks to me, I could very well be wrong. I wasnít going to say anything but after seeing that others might have similar feelings, I thought I would share my concern.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 12:37:09 AM »

I think it was locked because it was getting no where.>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
DavidInWilmNC

1978 MC-8 as I bought it May 2005

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 05:28:32 AM »

As for Ace being helpful... at the second Timmonsville rally, we arrived pretty late.  This was my first 'real' trip in my bus.  Now that I think about it, I believe it was my first trip whatsoever in my bus.  Anyway, there was a space between two other buses or RV's that I had to back into.  I did not feel comfortable doing this - it was dark and I was tired - and Ace offered to do it for me.  I'm sure that others would have offered, too, but he's the one that offered and he's the one who backed it in for me. 

David
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 07:30:15 AM »

As a courtesy, when the moderators decide to lock a post, they should provide an explanation as to why it is being lock. Instead of ďI have now locked this thread!Ē (Nick, your tone makes it look like you have a chip on your shoulder. Iím not getting the way this landed on you, but it didnít seem to land the same way on many of the rest of us). How about ďI am locking this thread becauseÖÖÖ..Ē and give a decent, easy to understand reason.

While I would have preferred that the thread stay open, I felt like Nick did explain his reason.  I can understand and respect the point he expressed.

It this point, this thread shouldn't be the pressure point for Ace or the bbs members and moderators to make a decision. Not fair to anyone!

If Ace wants back in, He'll know what is needed to make that happen.

This thread has expressed good and bad from all points of view and no others are needed. When and if Ace returns, it will be as quietly as he left.

Thanks
Nick-
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 08:37:44 AM »

No Dan your wrong, it was locked because Nick didn't like the way the thread was going in the favor of Ace and so he locked it. It also made me mad when Nick locked the thread, there was no reason to close that thread because it had nothing said in it that was flaming of anyone, but it was a very constructive effort to get Ace reinstated. We do live in America donít we, or is this Russia where one with power can have the say over someone they donít like. Or lock a thread because they donít like the way itís going?Huh. I am not one to start problems, but rather one who like to joke and get along with others, but when I see an injustice I will stand and push back to defend the one who in my opinion is being treated unfair. Nick I will say it strait out you were wrong  in my opinion to lock that thread, it had nothing offensive, and was trying only to make this community a better one as we see it, and not just as one moderator might see it. If one moderator banned Ace on his own then that moderator needs to reinstate Ace on his own and then inform Ace by email. If Ace was ban by a group of moderators then those involved in the banning of Ace need to get together and reinstate Ace, and then email him of the decision. If I come under attack because of this, then so be it, because I am a big boy. Ace should not have to come and grovel to the powers that be to satisfy their ego, someone I.E. a moderator with the cohoanas, to should stand up and do the right thing here and reinstate Ace.     

Hi Bob,

It this point, this thread shouldn't be the pressure point for Ace or the bbs members and moderators to make a decision. Not fair to anyone!

If Ace wants back in, He'll know what is needed to make that happen.

This thread has expressed good and bad from all points of view and no others are needed. When and if Ace returns, it will be as quietly as he left.

Thanks
Nick-

I have now locked this thread!

Nick your first line says itís not fair to apply pressure, wrong Nick this is how the American people have always tried to effect change in a peaceful way. Again I say no one was being flamed in any way when you chose to lock free thought

Your second line says if Ace wants to came back he know what he has to do. Again I donít think Ace ban himself I think a moderator did that, so a moderator will have to reverse that decision not Ace.

Your third line says Ace will return quietly. Iím sure thatís how you would like it, and that is why you locked the thread because it was not being done the way you wanted it done Quietly.

Your last line says it all ď I have now locked it ď  I think not because a lot of people have continued to post under a new thread so that free thought is not stomped down by people who think they can do what ever they want.

Now what, will you ban me for my free thoughts, or restrict my access to this board as was done with Ace?Huh??

OhĒ and HighTechRednec I must disagree with you, I donít think Nick explained himself very well at all, other than to come in and lock it down what he didnít like.

It takes a lot to anger me but locking of this thread has.

WVaNative

Content not edited for the purpose of conveying my true feelings

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 08:47:33 AM »

Hi Dean,

I will not Edit, Delete or lock anything in your post. I respect your comments!

It is just apparent that you don't know the whole story and I will not be the one to edgucate you on it.

Regards
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 08:59:19 AM »

Hi Dean,

I will not Edit, Delete or lock anything in your post. I respect your comments!

It is just apparent that you don't know the whole story and I will not be the one to edgucate you on it.

Regards
Nick-
Nick please do educate me in a private message and if I have put you in a wrong lite, I will be glad to appologize publicly here on the board.

Dean
WVaNative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 09:07:52 AM »

Wow, a double feature!! 

Glad I'm not starring in this one!

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 09:49:59 AM »

Gentlemen, please...before tempers get out of control and someone is offended..needlessly.

The best I can offer is that Nick and I have exchanged messages and I'm confident that he has done all he can at this time. Please remember that the Board is furnished to us for the exchange of information and ideas and that MAK is the guy footing the bill. He has selected the people who, in his opinion, will do their best to maintain the harmony we see every day.

Things are moving behind the scenery you and I see....Those of you who voiced their support for Ace to return did not fall on deaf ears. You were heard.

Now, please...I'm asking you to soft pedal this issue for the time being and be patient and allow time for things to happen....if they will.

I truly believe that Nick handled this well.  At best his is a lousy job. I wouldn't want to be a Moderator for 10 tanks full of fuel. It has to be difficult to have to make decisions that might go against your own friends.  Not an enviable situation.

Patience, my friends, PLEASE.

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 02:23:06 PM »

Please remember that the Board is furnished to us for the exchange of information and ideas and that MAK is the guy footing the bill. He has selected the people who, in his opinion, will do their best to maintain the harmony we see every day.

I wouldn't want to be a Moderator for 10 tanks full of fuel.

I was just about to point out that this board is not a democracy but a wonderful resource provided to us at no charge; therefore, they make, enforce, change, or ignore the rules as they see fit.

The question you have to ask yourself is "Is the amount of information available here worth whatever aggravation you have to endure?"

(in my best Dirty Harry voice)
Well, IS IT??!!!!
 Grin Grin Grin

Bob, what size fuel tanks?   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 05:52:01 PM »

I do not know the details of the incident(s) that caused the drastic action to be taken.  The problem is that once a decision like that is made, it is difficult to undo gracefully.  Those who made the decision feel compelled to defend it, and those who are the subject may not feel like approaching anyone since it may appear to them to be groveling.  I would therefore like to make a suggestion that in the future if it is felt necessary to limit someone's participation on the board, it be done for a specific amount of time.  When that time is up, they are back on without a word spoken.  In this particular case, maybe that could be done retroactively.  If that reasonable amount of time is up, it's up.  Even criminals are given specific time, and here we are only dealing with words.

By the way, it is not all that hard to create a fake identity and get on the board.  I probably would have done that.  If this gentleman has not, he is extremely principled.

"All is forgiven.  Come home" 

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: