Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 05:03:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Gives?  (Read 4607 times)
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 05:59:53 PM »

Aha!!! The board is a free resource provided to us. However without us it is nothing, for we are the board!!!!!
 That said the mod's should make the decisions, after all they are the ones that have to go around and clean up the messes that are made.

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Dreamscape

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 06:08:15 PM »

I also do not need to know what happened. That is between Ace and whoever made the decision.

I wonder if Ace really wants to come back in the first place.

That decision belongs to the powers at be and Ace.

I personally think that the subject has gone its coarse.

Just my 2 cents.

It is not to offend anyone!

Happy Trails Ya'll
Jerry Liebler

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 06:46:34 PM »

I'd like to add my voice to the chorus of displeasure at the "locking" of the thread in support of the return of board privileges to Ace.  I met Ace at a Timmonsville Rally and saw firsthand his creativity and craftsmanship as  demonstrated in his bus.  I also challenged him on something I felt he could have done better, we discussed it at some length, very pleasantly and comfortably.   I am convinced Ace has much to offer the community of this board.  If his return would hurt someone's ego, then frankly that ego doesn't belong here and it should be banned.  I really don't have any idea what led to Ace's ban and don't want to know, even for all that fuel Ncbob is offering, but I do think there should be an amicable way  he can come back.  We'll never find that way if the moderators choose to lock any discussions.
Regards
Jerry 4107 1120
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 10:15:23 PM »

I would therefore like to make a suggestion that in the future if it is felt necessary to limit someone's participation on the board, it be done for a specific amount of time.  When that time is up, they are back on without a word spoken.

This should become board policy. A simple, easy to understand rule that would be applied to everyone, and make the process of getting back fair to all.

What do you think Nick?

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
It’s the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 10:46:10 PM »

You guys are AWSOME.  I feel privileged...truly.  Some really put it on THE LINE and ethic always has its place and it is nice to understand another's true feelings even if honesty doesn't always pay off...or maybe particularly because it doesn't.

Nick,

You have my heart felt sympathy.  I know you are doing your level best in this situation and I applaud your self control and restraint.  You have never given me even the slightest reason to doubt your good judgement so I am bent in your direction.  I don't know WHO directed locking the thread but a case can be made for that understandably disappointing some.  I was a little surprised, myself.

I think NC gets the nod with "things are moving behind the scene".  Wish that had been said earlier.  I can easily wait for that and have confidence in the people working the problem.  I also understand that a manager worth his salt NEVER says "the boss made the decision" so that is always a possibility.  That is why Nick is paid the BIG BUCKS.

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 11:13:44 PM »

[quote wvanative]
As I see it we are a community, each and every one of us is a part of it. Myself a smaller part, others a larger part of it. I have spoken to Richard and I grew up just a few short mountain ridges from where he lives. I've had conversations with Ace and I find him very likeable and helpful. Men are a proud bunch, and to ask Ace to call and grovel to came back may be asking something very hard to do. I think if Nick was the one to ban Ace then it's up to Nick to reinstate Ace and be done with it. We need everyone who wants to be here. We are only on this earth a short time and we all need each other at times. I almost died Last Sat, so this stuff is trivial to me
So Nick I'm asking in a nice way please put and end to it and invite Ace back.

WVaNative [/quote]

[quote NCbob]
Since I'm the culprit who started all this I'm going to jump in here with a thought or two.

First thank you all for your votes and posts....the poll was the only way I could think of to show any measure of support for Ace. Those of us who know him realize that he's a completely different person, one on one in a discussion, than we might find in the written dialogue.  I've had what I thought were disagreements with some postings but I sent those members a personal message and kept any disagreements off the Board.

Anytime I find one of my posts has been deleted I sit up and take notice and rethink whether or not I should have approached the topic in the manner I did. That's what the Moderators do...and in most cases...do it well.

Perhaps a compromise would be to open Ace's membership again, quietly, and send him a PM to that effect.

I agree with WVNative that he shouldn't have to grovel to anyone...men don't treat men like that.

Wish I'd thought of the 'Don't Care' category...tried to add it but I guess I'm not that computer bright.

Bob

[/quote]

OK I would like to make this clear. I didn't mean that ACE have to grovel to anyone either! I may not have said it right, or been misinterpreted. What I meant was that he should call Nick and see exactly what it was that got him banned! And also Nick or whoever should tell him what will or will not happen in the future just to clear the waters and make it understood by both sides what the deal is! But again I have no say so, I just wanted to clear up the meaning of what I said!
FWIW  as hard as it is for ya'll to believe I myself have been banned from another board own mellow, loveable self! Yup it's true! (of course I have been reinstated after emailing and "groveling" just kidding merely pointing out my side of the story, to the owner of that board. But I still don't go there much anymore on the account of the principle of it!)
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 09:03:03 AM »

This is all highly inappropriate.

Wonder what legal counsel might have to say?

BACK TO BUSES!!!!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 09:20:23 AM »

Yeah BK, we love you anyway despite what that other dumb arss website did to you. Besides I don't post on the BNO ether.

WVaNative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2008, 06:04:27 PM »

Since I wasn't working on my buss & work was slow, I was able to read the boards every day. There were very few posts I didn't read.

I read many posts that were obviously removed before most read them.

If all those posts were still around for all to see, I believe most would see that the moderators acted in the best interest of this board.

This is why I prefer the posts to be left - just cleaned up to protect the innocent. Then people will know what happened & we won't have a stink made about something when essential facts are missing.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 06:18:01 PM »

Hi Dean,

I will not Edit, Delete or lock anything in your post. I respect your comments!

It is just apparent that you don't know the whole story and I will not be the one to edgucate you on it.

Regards
Nick-
Nick please do educate me in a private message and if I have put you in a wrong lite, I will be glad to appologize publicly here on the board.

Dean
WVaNative

It is just my opinion, but it is none of your business, or mine either for that matter. It is between the board moderators & the one 'banned'. I'm sure there are a few facts that some (participants & victims) would rather not be aired again.

Also, it is my opinion that jumping to conclusions before knowing the facts is reckless behaviour.

Raising a question is fine & encouraged.
Tossing out accusations & flaming suppositions . . . not so much.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2008, 08:07:05 PM »

Kyle, You are correct that jumping to conclusions before knowing the facts is reckless behaviour. and of that I am guilty in this case. But Kyle please don't presume to tell me what is my business or is not, My father died forty years ago, and he never mentioned you as my authority, and I will not tell you what is you business or not, and I hope we get along in the future as we have in the past. A moderator on this board thought is was my business and filled me in. That is the reason I hate threads being locked, and post being removed and knowledge being lost in the process. But that said that does not change my mind about Ace being allowed to return. His knowledge of buses is invaluable to us all and I would hope that things can be worked out to that end.

Nick I owe you an apology for being a little harsh on you, you have always treated me well and I hope we can continue as in the past. 

WVaNative

RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2008, 10:04:10 PM »

Hey y'all -

This thread, the locked one, and a few of the older threads with flames, are good examples of how the written word alone, without the vocal inflections and visual cues provided in "live" situations, can spiral downhill faster than a front wheel blowout at 70 mph.

Writing intelligently, to inform and not to inflame, takes time and thought.

Knee-jerk reactions produce bruised emotions, sometimes unintentionally, and often not forgotten.

Should one be prone to immediately firing off a scathing missive due to some perceived wrong, said one should take the time to reflect on how such a missive could be received at the other end, and perhaps reconsider and rewrite such missive to request further discussion in private, off-board.

My daddy used to tell me to "build bridges, not burn them," and my mama used to tell me:  "Honey always works better than vinegar." 

Took awhile for that to sink into this thick, stubborn skull. . .

FWIW. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2008, 06:28:59 AM »

don't presume to tell me what is my business or is not,

I merely gave my opinion, so don't presume I said what I didn't  Wink 
May God help us if the world ran on my opinion!   Shocked

My father died forty years ago, and he never mentioned you as my authority,

Maybe he did & you weren't listening Grin  Shocked  Sorry, I couldn't resist

and I will not tell you what is you business or not,

If I am beeing too nosey, presumptious, or otherwise out of line, I certainly hope someone will step up & offer their opinion concerning my business. Sometimes, I can't see the forrest for the trees.  Shocked

and I hope we get along in the future as we have in the past.

I haven't rulled that out yet    Grin

A moderator on this board thought is was my business and filled me in.

But did you get the WHOLE story, or just a few more pieces? Hard to know for sure.

That is the reason I hate threads being locked, and post being removed and knowledge being lost in the process.

See, we can agree on something  Grin  Grin   Grin

But that said that does not change my mind about Ace being allowed to return. His knowledge of buses is invaluable to us all and I would hope that things can be worked out to that end.

I feel all have the potential to contribute & as long as construction is the goal vs. tearing down, all should be allowed. But sometimes we act as a child & diciplinary actions are helpfull.
I know the past isn't 100% accurate in predicting the future, but sometimes it is real close! & it is the best we have.

Nick I owe you an apology for being a little harsh on you, you have always treated me well and I hope we can continue as in the past. 

WVaNative

wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2008, 09:01:45 AM »

Wow Kyle, I left my post, turned off the computer, and went to bed last night having been deathly sick for two friggin weeks I finally got a good nights sleep. I see this morning you were a busy little beaver LOL. First I have no hard feelings toward you about what you had to say. I have always said people should speak their mind. But with that said, I will never let you get away with telling me what my business is or is not. As for my dad, he only whipped me twice in my whole life, and I remember both of them very vividly, neather beating was for being bad , but for doing something that could have got me killed. The second beating was so bad I couldn't go to school for a week because I couldn't sit in a chair that week. My old man was as tough and mean as any coal miner that came along, and believe me you I listen to every word he spoke, and when he said Runt jump, I didn't ask how high, I just jumped. Oh Runt was my nick name as a kid and only my brothers call me that now. I have always been the one to want to get along with everyone and I hope you and I will be friends as I hold no ill will toward you kyle.

WVaNative

Songman

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2008, 09:26:24 AM »

This entire episode is a good reason for forums to have a member ratings system. That way the membership decides if a person is offensive enough to need to have his privileges revoked instead of a couple of moderators. This is in no way a slap at the moderators but instead a suggestion to take the heat away from them in these situations.

With a rating system in place you set a percentage of good/bad and when the bad percentage is reached the person is banned. It can be 40%, 50%, whatever... And ratings can also be changed. If you get PO'd at someone for being a jerk and give him a negative rating and then you both work it out, the rating can be changed back. Ratings are anonymous and can be seen on the person's info on the right of each post. That way they know if they are in danger.

Although I have had disagreements with people here, personally I can't think of one person that I would give a negative rating to.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: