Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 01:06:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, finally...we're off to Connelly Springs tomorrow!  (Read 868 times)
NCbob

« on: June 05, 2006, 02:59:07 PM »

I'm running about a week late from my target date (having had to install temporary tail and turn signal lamps blew it for last week) but got the NC inspection sticker today and...as Jackie Gleason used to say, "and...awaaaay we gooooo!"

When Baby gets back home in about 10 days or so, she'll have that new twin disk clutch, a rebuilt air compressor, an AD-9 dryer and she'll have her pre-lube system plumbed in plus the complete Jake Brake system.  Whew!  We'll put a little hitch in that old girls' gitalong!

People are telling me that I'm crazy putting this much money into a 38 year old Bus... but Nell's Bell's I'm spending my childrens inheritance!  And driving down the road in her is like.....sipping Moonbeams! Wink

Too, it'll give me a break so's I can go over to AL and finish the work on the boat!  Anybody interested in buying a 1965 36' Classic wooden Chris*Craft Constellation Sedan with the sweetest running pair of 351 Fords you've ever heard?  Grin

I'll spend a few days over there playing with that toy and come back to reality in about 10 days- 2 weeks when the "Road Whore" will miraculously turn back into the "Road Princess"!

NCbob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: