Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
April 24, 2018, 10:17:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: busted knuckles great adventure  (Read 1869 times)
cody

« on: March 08, 2008, 07:49:35 AM »

Just talked to BK a few minutes ago, as we sit and ponder what all we are doing and lament over the fuel prices, we have people out there that we should keep in our prayers, BK is one of them right now, he is snowbound right now in KY with 57 teenagers on board lol.  He's doing a charter to a 4-H camp, now don't you all wish you could be in his shoes? lmao  They are safe and sound at a motel but locked in because of the storm, BK might try to entertain them by doing some burnouts or donuts with the bus but can you imagine having 57 teenagers snowbound with you? wow Now if only it was the Swedish Bikini Team he was snowbound with hmmmmmm, are we having fun yet? lol Expiring minds want to know.
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 07:55:44 AM »

gOOD THING HE IS NOT DOING CRIMINAL TRANSFERS!!!!!!

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Webmaster

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 07:59:47 AM »

Snowed in with 57 teenagers!  BK has my sympathy.  If he survives, he will either feel much younger or very much older.  R.I.P. BK
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 08:01:42 AM by HighTechRedneck » Logged
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 08:45:13 AM »

When I was in university we used to go on regular ski trips.  They would never rent us a good bus - we always got the crap units.  The med students got the good ones.  Anyway, not the point of this.  We were coming home from Bozeman one spring and got caught in a major prairie blizzard in southern Alberta.  I was standing in the entry keeping the driver company as we crept along until finally we came to Bow Island and the cops wouldn't let us go any further.  Which was a good thing cuz you literally couldn't see 100 feet in front of the bus. 

So they woke up the high school principal - it was like 2:00 AM - and she opened the gymnasium for us to bunk down in.  Some of the members of our group were -- pretty relaxed.  A couple of them started jogging laps around the gym but they were so far gone that they had to lean into the turns or they would have tipped over.  The principal was standing there talking to the cops and then she called me over.  I don't know why I got picked on - maybe the only sober one in the busload.  Anyway, she said "if you don't get them stopped you're all going OUT".  So I did.  We weren't teens but pretty close.

The next morning the storm had broken but the bus driver hadn't been able to empty the loo cuz the valves were froze up.  So about an hour later the can started overflowing.  That was pretty disgusting but it got worse when someone floated a garlic sausage in the liquid that was sloshing up and down the aisle.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
Used to be 1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
Currently busless (and not looking)
My website
Our weblog
What's behind you doesn't matter - Enzo Ferrari
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 11:10:49 AM »

ob,

University you say?  Explains a lot. Shocked Grin Grin Grin

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 12:35:29 PM »

Ah, "thank you, thank you very much! And tonights show will be the bus doing a full donut if they'll clear the rest of the cars out off the parking lot!" at least that's what I told the teens out watching me do a powerslide this AM when I came back from checking the condition of the pigpath from the 4-H camp here @ Jabez, KY(right between middle of nowhere & can't get here from anywhere! LOL) to the main rd. The kids thought it was awesome!, the counslers......? Well I think the jury is still out, or the counslers are out looking for jurers! LOL! Hey in all seriousness, the rd was slick but passable. But I told the leaders it was their choice and that I'd driven in worse weather, on worse rds. But not by choice! And since we were already at a place to stay, with plenty of food & beds (yesterday, they cancelled the group that was supposed to come in after us. So lots of extra food and rooms on hand! LOL!) We'd just about decided to go for it, and I suggested we call the state police posts between here & home starting with the nearest to here, and we did with it on speaker phone. As soon as I told the trooper who answered the phone who I was and what our question was his immeadiate response was "The roads are terrible, stay put since you can. The roads will be much better tomorrow as it's supposed to get up into the 40's" as soon as the counslers heard that the dicission was unanimus to stay! YEA! Let's go play in the parking lot! LOL! If I had to I'd gone, but why chance it? Beside these are really a great group of about 150 kids (only 57 on my bus /2 counslers! LOL!) This is a leadership workshop weekend here at the camp so really is the better crop of kids!  It is great to see that some of these kids are interested in making a difference in the future, as they ARE the future! And just watching & listening to them makes me proud to be able to be a part of it! I told them so at the end of the meeting where we let them know the bad news ! (yeah right ! LOL!) I also told them they needed to thank their counslers for all they do, because it's quite obvious that they do care about these kids and their futures,! They sure don't do this stuff for the $, because the $ ain't that great! And I got a standing ovation from the kids and counslers both! So really I think being trapped here another night is sorta cool! Although I'm sure "Keeper" (our new 5 month old Rottwieler puppy) is not as impressed since last night was his first night outside since we got him, and it looks like tonight will be his second! I do have someone puppy watching going by and checking on him several times a day, and they are threatning to "puppyknapp him!" Well I'll update as things progress! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
cody

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 02:17:54 PM »

Well, it looks like it has happened, the kids got to BK, he's lost his mind entirely, now he's sane.  What a great post from a doomed man, how will we ever get the original BK back, I'll miss the slightly off kilter twist of a irrational busnut, but we'll adjust, he'll probably go out and buy a volvo now  Ohhhhhhh, the humanity.
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 03:42:10 PM »

Yeah.. Uh...

It sure sounds like somebody ignored the weather forecast. BK is taking it in stride, I guess he has multiple personalities and they all come in handy.... Grin Grin Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

His next trick is to pull the inflatable clown car out of one of his Bays.....

But wait.. 57 teens on a Bus with him driving... OH... NO.. It is already a clown car!

Dave... Slowly thawing now thank you.....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 04:48:32 PM »

Quote from: DrDave-Reloaded
Yeah.. Uh...

It sure sounds like somebody ignored the weather forecast. BK is taking it in stride, I guess he has multiple personalities and they all come in handy.... Grin Grin Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Well uh.... uh ....well not really! LOL! We'd barely gotten here before they started worrying and asking me my opinion about the weather forcast and driving under the predicted conditions. I told them "You paid for the bus,so it's your bus! I'm just the hired driver. I have driven in worse conditions,and I will tell you that at the first sign of it being unsafe I will find us a safe place to park. Now with that said, and in mind personally I think it's foolish to head out at night into a storm we know is coming! Especially when we have a nice place to wait it out and we aren't scheduled to leave for 2 days anyway! You decide, I'll oblige. But keep in mind once we hit the road, and the responsability falls on my shoulders WE WILL STOP AT THE VERY FIRST SIGN OF TROUBLE ~ NO IFs, NO BUTTs, or WHATEVER, the choice is yours here in the camp, and mine on the road!" So we stayed until this AM when the decision was made to stay an extra night with the KY State Police's suggestion.

His next trick is to pull the inflatable clown car out of one of his Bays.....

Uh well no inflatable car, not even a sled or inner tube. I'll have to do a better job of packing in the future! LOL!

Quote from: DrDave
But wait.. 57 teens on a Bus with him driving... OH... NO.. It is already a clown car!

Uhh if ya count the one behind the wheel that's 58 teens...... opps that's the clown behind the wheel isn't it! LOL!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 08:25:25 PM »

Well, it looks like it has happened, the kids got to BK, he's lost his mind entirely, now he's sane.  What a great post from a doomed man, how will we ever get the original BK back, I'll miss the slightly off kilter twist of a irrational busnut, but we'll adjust, he'll probably go out and buy a volvo now  Ohhhhhhh, the humanity.

Now thats just not right, BK is one of the most level headed guys I know. I've even seen pictures of him and he has his big bubble right in the middle, he's as level as they get.

Attaboy BK

WVaNative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: