Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 20, 2014, 07:12:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st One to Hit $4.00 a gallon  (Read 6202 times)
SKIP

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2008, 02:36:09 PM »

Why is it that the price per gallon seem to be higher at the truck stops? I would think that with the volume that they pump they would be the cheapest. Just my observation.
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2008, 02:48:07 PM »

Hi Skip, Truckers are a captive audience!
They have no where else to fuel.
If you want to get a good laugh, then go in a fuel stop and check out the prices on items in the store.  They are inflated 20% to 40% over an average convenience store.
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2008, 04:38:21 PM »

Remember the good ol days when most truck stops were owned by mom and pop and they actually appreciated your business and gave you a good deal for the dollar. The food was home cooked and the hospitality genuine. I haven't seen an independent like that since the late seventies on a long dry stretch of highway in the middle of nowhere and the poor owners were hurting because they couldn't compete with the big guys and everyone was just blowing by them.  Cry  Once the competition got rid of them, well, you know the rest. PP (I'm talking food and convenience items, not fuel)

Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2008, 05:02:53 PM »

Oh yeah, Bett's Big T

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2008, 05:47:29 PM »

Jack & Jim,

I don't know what's up with the Flying J card. They started out giving $0.03/gallon off & now they don't. But, so far, I can still fill completely up if I use the card. They probably will change that too.

Talking about Mom & Pop truck stops, one of the best was Ida Mae & Joe's Midway Truck Stop in Midway, Ga. They would cash a personal check for you. Try that at Petro!

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
ulaff

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2008, 06:48:32 PM »

We 400 gallons back when it was $2.38 150 in the bus and 250 in a barrel beside the shop and havn't used more than 50 gallons of it.
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2008, 08:41:36 PM »

You guys don't know how lucky you are.  I paid $1.179/litre today - do the math and that's $4.44/yankee gallon.  And that was Safeway fuel with a 7c/litre discount.  Their pump price was $1.249 or $4.71.  Welcome to Canada.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Le Mirage

Le Mirage XL 1987

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2008, 05:20:08 AM »

Welcome Quebec, Canada....1.359$/liter...I think that this summer I will put a house fuel (furnace) and running not far....RRRRrrrrrrrrrrr!

GaŽtan & Manon (french canadian)
Prevost, Le Mirage XL, 1987
Quebec, Canada

http://latchodromquebec.blogspot.com/2010/05/la-fin-du-voyage.html

superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2008, 03:26:02 PM »

Well, I've said it befor and I'll keep saying it.
Our forfathers went to a Full on Killing WAR, over Less..

HINT....HINT.....HINT.....

We are being SCREWED by Those that have the Real power in this land I went to War FOR. I'd go to War again to get it BACK........

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2008, 04:07:20 PM »

Well, I've said it befor and I'll keep saying it.
Our forfathers went to a Full on Killing WAR, over Less..

HINT....HINT.....HINT.....

We are being SCREWED by Those that have the Real power in this land I went to War FOR. I'd go to War again to get it BACK........

Here in TN a few years ago the state govt. was discussing adding a state income confiscation (tax).  While they were in session, a large group of protesters (rednecks) surrounded the assembly building and threw rocks at the windows breaking them out.  Yup they got arrested.  But the state house of misrepresentatives that had been viewing the confiscation favorably, suddenly changed their position and the whole topic died quickly.  Funny thing, it has been several years now without the added tax and none of the things they said would happen, have happened.  We still have schools, law enforcement, state parks, etc.  We have a high sales tax, but even though they were discussing reducing it when implementing the income confiscation, it would have eased right back up by now and we would be taxed double and they still wouldn't be able to balance a budget.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 04:14:09 PM by HighTechRedneck » Logged
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2008, 06:48:04 PM »

Bob and Le Mirage...ya'll want to join our rebellion?  Cool   It won't be long before the civil disturbance begins....hungry people get mean.   Angry
A good beginning might be the Sierra Club and Greenpeace's home offices.  Next...AlGore.
Hope someone will bail me out after I get arrested for inciting a riot.  Huh 
Reckon our politik apparatchniks are monitoring busnuts websites?  Now I scared. 
JR  Cool   incogneeter  Roll Eyes

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.Ē

Ayn Rand
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2008, 07:16:11 PM »

3/15/08 Breezewood, PA

$4.79 gal. diesel

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Green-Hornet

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2008, 11:35:27 AM »

Finally happened here in my neighborhood. I went to lunch with my wife and noticed it at $3.99. When we came back about an hour later we are at $4.01. Cry
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2008, 02:48:31 PM »

Tampa Bay reporting in.

Sunday 3/16/08
I manage to save a 100 bucks for fuel, that bought me 25gallon.

$3.99.9

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2008, 02:53:51 PM »

Bob and Le Mirage...ya'll want to join our rebellion?  Cool   It won't be long before the civil disturbance begins....hungry people get mean.   Angry

Many years ago now a good friend of mine told me that we would live long enough to see the day when we would have to defend our property with weapons.  I thought he was over-reacting at the time (probably 25 years ago now) but as I get older I'm not so sure he was.

Keep your powder dry and your weapons unregistered.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: