Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 11:21:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: looking for exterior side docking lights.  (Read 10038 times)
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2008, 08:42:16 PM »

Pete- those lights hang down-hopefully you won't wack them off on a curb someday?  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2008, 08:58:14 PM »

Sean, your pic is the right light that I am looking for and I suspect the one Steve is looking for as well. If the numbers are handy, it could possibly help but I understand what "packed away" means.

Oh, alright.

I hunted around, and it seems I have only two numbers, as follows:

Lens, 5969836
Housing, 5965873

I did not find a separate number for the base gasket, which is pretty much required.  That may be because it is included with the housing, or it may be because I just forgot to write it down.  However, once you give the parts dweeb the above numbers, he/she should be able to find the rest.

I had also remembered the lamp-holder as a separate item, but apparently not.

If someone runs down to the Chevy dealer to check these numbers out, post back here and let us know what you found out.  One parts web site I went to said these fit '79-'95 trucks.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 09:16:30 PM by Sean » Logged

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
scanzel

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2008, 03:50:42 AM »

Thanks for the help guys. Didn't intend to stir up debate over the law of using them. I would only turn them on when needed to back up. I think the Whelen will work out since they are made right here in Connecticut. Thank You.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2008, 04:24:22 PM »

Tom . Maybe I'm lucky I don't know but I had them on my old RV for about 15 years and had good luck so I put them on the bus And had good luck so far. here is another shot.

Pete & Jean
             FANTASY

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
rcbishop

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2008, 05:44:37 PM »

Defender.com........lotsa stuff in their new catalog.

FWIW Smiley

RCB
Skykingrob

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2008, 07:49:38 PM »

Sean
Thanks for taking the time to find the numbers. I for one, appreciate the trouble you went to to find them.

Rob
91 LeMirage XL
Missouri
DavidInWilmNC

1978 MC-8 as I bought it May 2005

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2008, 07:33:05 AM »

As to the light that Sean posted... older Dodge Ram trucks used a similar light.  Mine is an '89 and has one, but I don't know what years it was used.  I'd imagine they were on trucks from the '70's or early '80's up until the body changed ('94?).

I'm wondering about a set of very small clear fog lights mounted up high about mid-way back on the bus facing back and down.  These would sure have saved me from running over that damned root last summer and all the damage that was incurred from it. 

David
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: