Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 12:57:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Timmonsville Octoberfest- What we've planned so far  (Read 11785 times)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2006, 03:58:41 AM »

That's the bad part.  She doesn't have many customers.  She probably doesn't bring in $400 a day and most of her customers come from the interstate.  She was thrilled when we told her about the rally, was planning to put in 2 cooks and 2 waitresses and then she decided she had better things to do and did neither.  She also did not even show up herself.  She knew to expect lots of people and was pleased that we were suggesting her place.  Most weekend mornings she only has 1 or 2 cars at a time.  If I was a business owner, I would welcome any and all business.  She had the restaurant once and couldn't make a go of it.  With her attitude this time, I don't think it will go this time either.

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2006, 08:02:42 AM »

Well, that sure puts a different light on the picture!
Richard

That's the bad part.  She doesn't have many customers.  She probably doesn't bring in $400 a day and most of her customers come from the interstate.  She was thrilled when we told her about the rally, was planning to put in 2 cooks and 2 waitresses and then she decided she had better things to do and did neither.  She also did not even show up herself.  She knew to expect lots of people and was pleased that we were suggesting her place.  Most weekend mornings she only has 1 or 2 cars at a time.  If I was a business owner, I would welcome any and all business.  She had the restaurant once and couldn't make a go of it.  With her attitude this time, I don't think it will go this time either.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Dallas

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2006, 02:11:29 PM »

Hey All!

We still have room for some 30Amp hook ups, plus quite a few 15 Amphook ups!

The 50 Amps are all spoken for. Sorry.

Make sure you get your reservation in early so you aren't stuck out with the dinosaur!  Grin Grin Grin By the way, he just got a paint job from one of the ladies that live here!
He was so happy that he didn't even eat any of the tourists that stop by to ogle him. Well, I'm not counting the 4 year old boy the stomped on his foot, that was self defense!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2006, 06:01:17 PM »

Dallas, did you put T-Rex's little arms back on?   Cheesy
T and I went to the Southeast Old-Time Threshers Reunion today...saw all sorts of mechanical contraptions...dude had a working Sterling Cycle engine in operation.  Thing was quiet and and running a tiny water pump.  Ran off of LP. 
Also saw a brand new Kubota 14 HP diesel engine for sale...no radiator or controls, but the engine was comlete down to a tiny alternator.  It's not a marine application...standard exhaust manifold.   Had flywheel and starter.  Looked like about 1" straight shaft out of the flywheel end....have to be used with a pully or coupling. 
I've got the guys phone number if anyone wants a small diesel Kubota.  Let me know if and I'll supply.   Engine is located in Hickory, NC and he's asking $1200.   I have no idea what such an engine is worth...or if this would be a deal.   I know what parts for them cost and from that perspective it's a deal. 
See ya this fall, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Dallas

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2006, 07:42:19 PM »

Dallas, did you put T-Rex's little arms back on?   Cheesy
T and I went to the Southeast Old-Time Threshers Reunion today...saw all sorts of mechanical contraptions...dude had a working Sterling Cycle engine in operation.  Thing was quiet and and running a tiny water pump.  Ran off of LP. 
Also saw a brand new Kubota 14 HP diesel engine for sale...no radiator or controls, but the engine was comlete down to a tiny alternator.  It's not a marine application...standard exhaust manifold.   Had flywheel and starter.  Looked like about 1" straight shaft out of the flywheel end....have to be used with a pully or coupling. 
I've got the guys phone number if anyone wants a small diesel Kubota.  Let me know if and I'll supply.   Engine is located in Hickory, NC and he's asking $1200.   I have no idea what such an engine is worth...or if this would be a deal.   I know what parts for them cost and from that perspective it's a deal. 
See ya this fall, JR

Rex's poor little arms have gone missing!
No wonder he's in such a bad mood!

Sure wish I could afford the Kubota engine, but right now it's beyond my cash flow! In Fact, my cash flow tide is ebbing quickly!

Somebody needs to pick that little motor up!

Dallas
Dallas

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2006, 02:15:31 PM »

Hey all!
Just wanted to ask if there is anything special that anyone coming to the Timmonsville Rally wants to do or see while they are here.

Also, we still have some spaces open! Register early so you don't get stuck by the Dinosaur!

Dallas
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2006, 07:33:02 PM »

Hey all!
Just wanted to ask if there is anything special that anyone coming to the Timmonsville Rally wants to do or see while they are here.
Dallas

I reckon some nekkid wimmin or maybe a a wet T-shirt contest is out of the question?   Roll Eyes
Hey, you axed!   JR Cool

Sorry Cat! Kiss

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Dallas

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2006, 07:37:41 PM »

Hey all!
Dallas

I reckon some nekkid wimmin or maybe a a wet T-shirt contest is out of the question?   Roll Eyes
Hey, you axed!   JR Cool

Sorry Cat! Kiss

What about pole dancers?Huh??

Terry probably wouldn't like that either.
Then we'd both be in trouble!
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2006, 07:52:21 PM »

[What about pole dancers?Huh??
Terry probably wouldn't like that either.

Excellent idea!  I'm glad you came up with that!  Terri won't mind.   As long as I don't touch anything!
She knows that I'm almost blind...What the hey...others will enjoy! 
I'll bring the pole!  You find some dancers! 
JR  Wink

Now I'm very sorry Cat.   Grin

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
Dallas

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2006, 07:54:29 PM »

[What about pole dancers?Huh??
Terri probably wouldn't like that either.

Excellent idea!  I'm glad you came up with that!  Terri won't mind.   As long as I don't touch anything!
She knows that I'm almost blind...What the hey...others will enjoy! 
I'll bring the pole!  You find some dancers! 
JR  Wink

Now I'm very sorry Cat.   Grin

So I take it she won't let you use the Braille Method? Grin
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2006, 08:41:54 PM »

Oh Yeah....I use a LOT of braille now.   Sometimes I have  problems seeing whether T's coming or going...easy enough to find out!   Braille works!   Cheesy
I"m goin to bed!  Bye for now!  JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
Dallas

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2006, 12:40:22 PM »

JR.
Cat only lets me use Braille when it's 2 below........

the covers!

Dallas
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2006, 12:58:39 PM »

Dallas,

If I can somehow make it to your rally, I wouldn't mind the T-Rex guarding my Coach....

If he gets too nasty with me, I'll have to break out the chain saw.. That's All.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Dallas

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2006, 01:22:12 PM »

Dallas,

If I can somehow make it to your rally, I wouldn't mind the T-Rex guarding my Coach....

If he gets too nasty with me, I'll have to break out the chain saw.. That's All.

Nick-

Nick,

He really isn't that tough!
He just trys to look mean to keep the riff raff away!

Dallas
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2006, 07:14:14 PM »

He really isn't that tough!
He just trys to look mean to keep the riff raff away!

Dallas

Well, it didn't work last spring did it?  I got in...and didn't need a chain saw! Wink
Someone already sawed his little arms off!  Shocked
JR  Cool

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: