Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 06:07:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Timmonsville Octoberfest- What we've planned so far  (Read 12923 times)
Ace

« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2006, 02:50:59 PM »

No problemon Bob!   Wink

Ace
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2006, 03:07:37 PM »

Hello everyone,

I did not know this conversation was going on but to put everything in perspective I have every intention to take Photo's at the Timmonsville, SC bus gathering in October of 2006 that is as long as no one else wanted to do it more.  The smaller events I look forward to now to do this and get a little personal with each family / busnut and see all their rigs and try my best to explain what it is I am seeing.  With the larger bus rally's like Arcadia I will not get so personal and go in the rigs as there is too many and too much to see.  I will love to go in them just to look but again the photo's take a lot of time to sort out etc.  Taking the photo's and posting them as I took them with no explanation I won't mind doing so much at Arcadia.    

I am pleased that Dallas & Cat are satisfied the work I did last event we had there and would want me to continue to take the photo's at Timmonsville.  NCBOB, thanks for offering to help, bring your camera and take photo's, I may miss some and I can just post them as they are sent to me by you if I am not sure what is going on.  Anyone else taking photo's that want to share them on my web site I welcome also and will give everyone my email address to forward them to me if they so wish.

Those not attending these rally's enjoy just looking at our photo's and maybe because of the gasoline situation and the cost of traveling etc. they can see these smaller gatherings on the net and plan to attend one or more during the year.  

Anyone with suggestions what they would like to see photo's of at Timmonsville please make comments here if I seem to have missed something you wanted to see in a photo on my last Timmonsville photo webs site.  My venue will be such as this,

(1) Photo's of owners in front of their rigs with a possible sign with their names on it or I will post the names on the site.

(2) These photo's of the front of their rigs and the names on the placard in front will also have all their family and PETS also in them if they wish with all the names of each.  

(3)  Photo's of each side of Bus / RV and the back and any special graphics for all to appreciate.

(4) Inside photo's if owners so desire but this time I will tell all when I am doing this ahead of time so they will have the time to (Tidy) up if they need to and want to.  The last time I think I embarassed a few without using my noggin and realizing I was in personal space and ask first instead of flashing the camera at everything.  I promise to try to be more organized this time and the reason I am is so that I can find time just to sit, talk,  drink, eat, play music and listen to others play, did I say drink??  Oh yea!!

(5)  If the owners have special set up Generator compartments, special LP stations on board, Waste tank set ups, fresh water tank set ups or just anything they want to show on the net be sure to make me aware of and have them ready for the photo's to be taken.  

Newbies in particular now are getting smarter, (I wish I had gotten smarter 4 years ago) but now they want to see what we have done verses the manufactured RV's and Buses for the ideas that fit their plans in the future with their rigs.  

Thanks ahead of time for thinking of the work involved for me and any help offered to assist.  I look forward to giving you all as much information as I can concerning conversion information, rally's and all photo's I can share and not bore you with. 

Gary LaBombard,  ("Rustless Money Pit") owner----1/2 owner!! 

Gary
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2006, 04:40:13 PM »

1) Photo's of owners in front of their rigs with a possible sign with their names on it or I will post the names on the site.
      We had this sign made that we put in the windshield when we are camping. A local sign shop made the sign with vinyl lettering an a piece of corrugated plastic (kinda like a cardboard box only plastic) for about $20.00.  Several of our friends have these signs for their buses as well. At a bus rally, it can certainly help find a specific person's coach, as well as let non busnuts know just how old some of these coaches are.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Ace

« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2006, 09:28:27 PM »

There you see Dallas, I was all wet when I mentioned Gary and the picture taking. What the hell was I thinking anyway? Smiley

Must have been too many Corona's or just deep down in the dumps! Whichever it was, I sure didn't have my mind right!

Ace
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2006, 08:02:51 AM »

ACE
No problem with your head, you were thinking with your heart for a freind, thanks.

Jack,
This is a great idea of the identification card / location of owner and all information concerning the conversion or RV which makes no difference to us having a gathering / party.  If everyone would have one made or make one up on their own and place it in the driver side windshield of their bus would easily identify yourselves to everyone walking around and this would be great all all rally's especially the big one at Arcadia.  This would sure help me out as well and I will have to do a lot less note taking and remembering etc.  If you do this, please make the signs large enough for everyone to see clearly, especially me. 
Thanks again Jack. 
Gary

Gary
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2006, 07:33:35 PM »

I love the sign idea. . . for people like us (newbies), it's nice to put some faces with the names.  . . I'm so looking forward to "seeing you guys" since I can't "really see you guys!"  Christy

Oh, Dallas.  . bumped you!

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Dallas

« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2006, 12:52:55 AM »

THat sounds like a great idea!

I also saw some signs at the last rally here that had a simple Yes/No printed on opposite sides indicating whether you were being incognito or open to giving tour/visits/whatever.

Dallas
Dallas

« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2006, 09:39:38 PM »

Hi Everyone!
I just thought I'd post the Link for information on the Get together in Timmonsville, SC October 5th through the 8th

http://www.busconversionstuff.com/eventpage.htm

Hope to see you there!
Dallas

« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2006, 03:37:16 PM »

I've been asked by a few people if we are going to have a swap meet at the get together.
I think it sounds like a really good idea! Maybe I can unload some of this junk, I mean, highly valuable merchandise.

Who else is interested in setting up a swap meet? Can I get a show of hands?

JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2006, 04:02:02 PM »

I certainly hope you plan a swap meet because we are planning to bring some stuff to swap.  Jack
  Why do I always leave with more stuff than I brought?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 04:04:36 PM by JackConrad » Logged

Dallas

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2006, 02:13:37 PM »

Hey Everyone,
I just thought I'd pass along some cool information!

It seems that two of our illustrious members, Jack Conrad and NCBob have cooked up a little scheme to put on a seminar at our little get together in Timmonsville.

It will consist of installing one of Jack's world famous door latch improvements on Bob's MCI.
There's gonna be a BIG hole cut into Bob's pretty Stainless Steel door, so I want to watch the fun!

We will take lots of pictures to document this installation and I hope everyone will bring their cameras so we can get photos from lot's of different angles.

Don't miss this demonstration as I expect it to really be something to see!

For information on the Rally, check out my website:

Or go to the calendar entry for October on The MAK board!
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2006, 07:14:47 PM »

YO YO YO Jack!   While you're cutting holes, how about some tail lights in my bus? HMMMMM?   I know you can do it, 'cause you got them cool tail lights and I got those butt-ugly OEM tail lights and like you're doing the door latch for Bob and....the unfairness of it all!  Cry  I already got a door latch.  It's sorta interesting.  The whole campground will know when I enter or exit the coach.   It has a special noise.  40 lb solenoids do make some noise.  Good thing I didn't use on on the bathroom door!  'Course, I don't have a bathroom door!   Shocked
BTW, let me know what sort of lights we'll need and I'll bring'em!  Bob's and my projects should pretty much use your weekend up!  Wouldn't want you to get bored!  Don't forget about the satellite dish seminar!  I'll need my dish set up pretty quick once I arrive!  I'll be looking for you!  Let the demos begin! Wink
Maybe I'll just go ahead and get the R&M lowers.  Been thinking about it.   Don't know if "practice coach" is really worthy of spending a lot more on it.  Been awfully dependable so far.  About the time I spend another $10K going smooth, it'll take a crap.   Reckon Rich could do smooth convert while I wait?  Maybe do a demo at Arcadia!  That's the ticket!
I'll bring some extra lawn chairs and adult beverages  and cheer you on while ya'll are sawing big holes in Bob's `5!  I can't wait!  Cheesy
See ya'll in Timmonsville!  JR  Cool
BTW, Jack, post a pix here of your taillights so others will see that to which I refer!

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2006, 05:18:14 AM »

JR,
   I found those lights on Ebay. I would have to look to see it they are still available. I also purchsed new rear corner skins to install the new light in. Here are a couple photos on the lights.  The top light is the turn signal and is amber when energized. I couldn't time the camera to get the photo when the turn signal was energized. Jack
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 05:46:54 AM by JackConrad » Logged

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2006, 10:30:12 AM »

Looks Great Jack!  I won't hold you to all that hole drilling!   Doubt there'd be enough days to do it? 
Has your roof been raised?  Looking at that sectin between the cap and blower door...looks like a section has been added?   
I see a stainless polishing seminar coming up!   Cheesy
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2006, 03:23:47 PM »

Thanks.  Yes, 8" roof raise.  Jack

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print