Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 01, 2014, 03:27:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Timmonsville Octoberfest- What we've planned so far  (Read 12576 times)
Dallas

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 07:24:32 AM »

Dallas,

One Question, the 20.00 per night camping fee.

Is it the same for Full hookup, partial hookup, and dry camping? Huh

Cliff

Cliff,
Yep, it's the same no matter what.
We got this price last time too. I didn't know it at the time, because the fat a** lazy manager didn't tell me that.
This time I talked to the owner and he gave me the OK to do that. That also includes the use of the big grill and the propane to fire it up. Fishing is also included.

The flyers that are handed out with registration are incorrect (2004 vintage) when you register at the office. The idiot manager won't even empty the trash in the office. He hires one of the renters to take it out for him.

If any one that came to the last get together had a problem with him, please email the owner at:
wsldesigns@aol.com

Dallas
Dallas

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 06:33:31 AM »

Please, Everyone, be sure to include your camping fees when registering.
The campground owner asked Cat and I to take care of registering and reservations because the manager isn't really capable of doing it.

Thanks all,

Dallas
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 10:01:14 AM »

Dallas,
   Can I send you the camping fee for the rally 10/5 through 8, and pay the "early" days when we arrive. We do not yet what day we will arrive, but we knmow it will be early.  This is one of the things I like about retirement, I do not have to be on a schedule.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Dallas

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 11:30:01 AM »

Dallas,
   Can I send you the camping fee for the rally 10/5 through 8, and pay the "early" days when we arrive. We do not yet what day we will arrive, but we knmow it will be early.  This is one of the things I like about retirement, I do not have to be on a schedule.  Jack

Sure Jack,
No Problem.
This just makes it easier to alot the available spaces.
You know, the early bird gets the palmetto bug!
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 02:59:20 PM »

Thanks Dallas, The check will be in the mail tomorrow.  Jack

Ace

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 03:07:16 PM »

Hey Jack, I'm gonna pay-pal mine to him so your check in the mail might be a little sloooooowwwwwww....  Smiley

Ace
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 03:24:53 PM »

I forgot about using PayPal.  Dallas, the money is on its way via PayPal  Jack

Dallas

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 03:54:13 PM »

I forgot about using PayPal.  Dallas, the money is on its way via PayPal  Jack

Jack,
Ok, I'll check for it after dinner.

Thanks,
Dallas
Dallas

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 03:55:51 PM »

Hey Jack, I'm gonna pay-pal mine to him so your check in the mail might be a little sloooooowwwwwww....  Smiley

Ace

Ace,
Ya better hurry,
Full hookup spots are at a premium!
Maybe I oughta hold out for an extra .50cents to put in my own pocket! LOL

Dallas
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2006, 07:24:48 PM »

This is a note to the folks that ate at the diner that is beside the campground.  We spoke with the owner this week,telling her of our next rally.  Believe it or not.......she asked that we NOT come there this time.  She said we interfered with her local customers and she does not care about outsiders.  She said we flooded her place at one time, took too much of her time, space and food.  We had told her in advance there would be a good number of people there and that we would recommend that people eat breakfast at her restaurant.  She said that we did not tell her everyone would come in at one time and she did not appreciate that type of business.  We are looking for another close restaurant to recommend.  Because of this attitude, she has lost our business and lots of business that she could have had in October.  Hard to imagine someone telling someone they don't want business but those were her words and her attitude.  Cat
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 07:26:17 PM by Dallas » Logged

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2006, 12:59:02 PM »

This is a note to the folks that ate at the diner that is beside the campground. We spoke with the owner this week,telling her of our next rally. Believe it or not.......she asked that we NOT come there this time. She said we interfered with her local customers and she does not care about outsiders. She said we flooded her place at one time, took too much of her time, space and food. We had told her in advance there would be a good number of people there and that we would recommend that people eat breakfast at her restaurant. She said that we did not tell her everyone would come in at one time and she did not appreciate that type of business. We are looking for another close restaurant to recommend. Because of this attitude, she has lost our business and lots of business that she could have had in October. Hard to imagine someone telling someone they don't want business but those were her words and her attitude. Cat

Wow, what a way to run a business! And not to mention showing that good ol' southern hospitality! I hope ya find a nice little place striving to survive that'll show the proper apreciation for the extra business!
Knuckle!

PS. Steve aka El Sonador was here at "my place" last week and is try'n to get me to have a West TN Getogther and if I do I can assure you any of the restaurants we reccomend will gladly serve any and all, when we bombard and take over their establishments! I was even thinking if we have a bus here at the shop at the time we might even try to use it for shuttling, sight seeing, or even shopping trips if we can get a small donation to cover the costs fo fuel and such! Look for more on a inquiring thread I'll be opening shortly! BK

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2006, 07:27:02 PM »

As I see it....]NO PROBLEM[/b]![/size] Terri and I will stay out of her lousy little greasy spoon! Actually we stayed out the last time too! Oh well. I've taken a stand! That's important...isn't it??
We went to Georges Restuarant in Timmonsville, and they were very busy, food good, and pleasant....and business like. I could tell that there son was overworked and underpaid....I'm familiar with this condition. 60 years of experience in being overworkd and underpaid.
BTW, my birthday is next week...feel free to send anything of value![size=180pt] PARTY ON![/size]
Love and peace, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Dallas

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 08:18:36 PM »

As I see it....]NO PROBLEM[/b]![/size]  Terri and I will stay out of her lousy little greasy spoon!   Actually we stayed out the last time too!   Oh well.  I've taken a stand!  That's important...isn't it?? 
We went to Georges Restuarant in Timmonsville, and they were very busy, food good, and pleasant....and business like.    I could tell that there son was overworked and underpaid....I'm familiar with this condition.  60 years of experience in being overworkd and underpaid.
BTW, my birthday is next week...feel free to send anything of value! [size=180pt] PARTY ON![/size]   
Love and peace, JR

JR,
I'll get you the same thing I got you last year, only in a different colour!

Love, Peace and Bacon Grease!

Dallas
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2006, 04:03:34 AM »

JR, I'll send you a gift. I'll send something larger than life, full grown, but it only comes in white.  How 'bout I send Dallas as a very special gift for you.  HEHEHEHE

We had thought about checking with Georges to see what they would say about us sending people to them.  We had really liked the idea of a restaurant right here, where everyone could walk over.  But her words put an end to that one.  She was actually angry with us because we filled her restaurant with business.  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 05:40:00 AM »

I think I can see the restaurants point of view also. It appears from what you told us that she has a regular customer base for breakfast every day that taxes her facility to the limit. Customers are very fickle and if they can not get in, they go somewhere else. I suspect she would rather have her every day, seven day a week customers than a bunch of nuts a couple days a year.
Richard

JR, I'll send you a gift. I'll send something larger than life, full grown, but it only comes in white. How 'bout I send Dallas as a very special gift for you. HEHEHEHE

We had thought about checking with Georges to see what they would say about us sending people to them. We had really liked the idea of a restaurant right here, where everyone could walk over. But her words put an end to that one. She was actually angry with us because we filled her restaurant with business. Cat

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: