Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 11:22:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tread life for tag axle tires  (Read 3926 times)
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2008, 08:59:25 AM »

mine has an annoying alarm that sounds constantly as long as the air is off the tags.  There is also an indicator light on my dash that alerts me to the fact.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2008, 11:23:13 AM »

Jim,

Just as another data point, we are 24/10 on the back.  If I had a way to do it (I don't), I'd actually move 3/4 ton of that from the drivers to the tags.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2008, 07:46:41 PM »

Oh come on, tekebird.

The busnuts without a background in the commercial transport industry look to this board for help and advice.

And they are left wondering whether they should be lifting/unloading the tags when cornering in order to save tire money.

There might be a question as to whether the calibre of today's commercial driver might not be what we like to think it used to be, but that is clouding the point.

Tags stay down unless I need the extra weight for the drives to get out of the parking lot in the snow.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: