Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 04:20:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to remove paint overspray from windshield?  (Read 5110 times)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 05:19:29 PM »

I'll have to try some of the chemical methods.  I just don't want to wreck the windshield.

Brian Elfert

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2008, 09:39:57 PM »

Brian,

The razor IN A HOLDER, not held in your fingers, is the easiest and least messy.  The Windex spray idea was really good.  Use a new blade and try it on an a small out of the way space of the windshield.  I have done that soooooo many times and never did I have any scratches I could see.  I do wear glasses though.

Clay bar, sold at auto paint stores, is MAGICAL.  No kidding.  Not cheap but if you have a really nice car you can use it on that also as a prelim or after wax process.

Easy Off.....my favorite product!  No wait thats KY....ops, almost.  It will remove new paint really well but it is LYE so protect your hands and eyes.  Old paint needs a warm environment to activate the lye to attack it.

New paint will come off with acetone, laq thinner, mek, gasoline""""""""hand cleaner or GOOP OFF.  Watch your dash.

The tint is in the windshield glass on any I have seen.  You can add tint as a layer or they have spray paint for that purpose but the factory glass is done that way.  Try a small patch to put your mind at rest.

About the "painter".  Where did you bury the body?

HTH,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: