Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 03:37:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell phone dialer  (Read 1967 times)
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2006, 10:14:29 AM »

I would like to rig an alarm system that would use a cell phone to dial out and transmit an alarm.  Mostly concerned if we leave our dogs in the coach and the air conditioning fails for some reason.
There are lots of inexpensive dialers for land lines but I only found one so far online and it was almost $1000.

There must be a simpler way to do this.

Thanks,

Len
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 10:36:25 AM by Len Silva » Logged

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 10:28:19 AM »

There are car theft alarms that send a radio signal to a small receiver you carry in your pocket. Perhaps something like that could be adapted to your needs.   I don't know what sort of range you would need.  But if you are going to stay within a mile or two of the bus it might be something to consider.

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
DebDav

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 11:08:24 AM »

Telephone dialers are older technology.  Newer cell phone dialers do not dial pagers or consumer telephones.  They are digital and transmit digital information that is received by a receiver (computer) and decoded.  An operator then is given the info on a computer screen.

I sell cellular technology communicators for the residential and business intrusion market.  Someone may have the device your are looking for.  I have not seen it.
DavidInWilmNC

1978 MC-8 as I bought it May 2005

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 11:20:30 AM »

Hi Len,

Maybe something like this will help:
http://www.sitebuys.com/cell_phone_dialer.html

Let us know what you settle on; I'm kind of interrested in something similar as well.

David
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 05:18:44 PM »

Hi Len,

Maybe something like this will help:
http://http://www.sitebuys.com/cell_phone_dialer.html

Let us know what you settle on; I'm kind of interrested in something similar as well.

David

Yeah, that's the one I found, $995.00.  I'm afraid they like it a whole lot more than I do.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: