Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 21, 2014, 02:55:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this one of those old Mexican buses?  (Read 2958 times)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« on: March 17, 2008, 10:21:20 PM »

Is this one of those old Mexican buses?

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 10:28:19 PM »

Good Lord that is not pleasant looking to me.  I remember seeing a lot of twin steer buses in mexico years ago, so maybe that is one, but really I know nothing about it, just that I'm going to have trouble sleeping now.

chazwood

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 06:23:00 AM »

Look mom!!!!!....... the Pepto-cruiser!!!!!

1992 MCI 102c3
Cummins l10 / Allison auto
Thekempters.com
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 06:48:49 AM »

Looks like a SUPER SCENICRUISER! Don't let Kyle see it, or there will be a mission/road trip too MEXICO! LOL! 

Sorry Kyle couldn't resist!

Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 07:39:30 AM »

Wow. Sans the paint, that is a neat looking sled!!

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Dallas

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 07:48:16 AM »

I believe that's a Sultana, which is the company that now can make or obtain windshields and other curved glass for the Flx's of the 30's - 60's vintage
Nusa

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 07:48:50 AM »

That has to be a photoshop fake, at least in part. There's no side window of any kind for the driver.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 07:53:47 AM »

That has to be a photoshop fake, at least in part. There's no side window of any kind for the driver.

Do you not see that custom camper opening window right where the driver sits? Looks real enough for me! After all I've seen lots worse, especially that MCI Renaissance wannabe on ebay several weeks ago! Grin  BK  Grin

PS with a paint job like that Kyle's wife might even let him bring this one home (to the house that is! LOL!) ! LOL!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 08:15:15 AM »

Judging from the tiny windows, I would say they are fanatically following the minimal glass approach mentioned in another thread.  A good example of a simple truth taken to an extreme.  But then it does get very hot down in some parts of Mexico.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 08:18:29 AM »

I don't quite understand the reasoning behind the minimal and small windows.  We're cruising to see what we can see-how do you do that from inside a metal tube with tiny windows.  As compared to my bus that has huge windows-that both my wife and I are constantly enjoying.  But-everyone does it their way.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 08:29:28 AM »

I don't quite understand the reasoning behind the minimal and small windows.  We're cruising to see what we can see-how do you do that from inside a metal tube with tiny windows.  As compared to my bus that has huge windows-that both my wife and I are constantly enjoying.  But-everyone does it their way.  Good Luck, TomC

I agree Tom.  That is one of the things we love about my RTS - large, good looking tinted windows, yet still has strong vertical support at the junciton of each 5' section.  I use heavy curtain's when needed and really haven't had that big of a thermal problem from the large windows.
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 10:13:45 AM »

Large windows might instill yet more fear...

If you don't know that you are driving along a mountain ridge highway with a sheer drop off you won't get as nervous.

Yes that is a Sultana and Yes they did build tandem front steers.

Based on a cross between a Flxible VL100 and Scenicruiser and a lot of imagination.

At least that is what I thought I read about them. They were very creative with the old style buses and lots of frilly things....

Dave....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 10:26:02 AM »

I draw the line at 10 tires for a bus!

12 tires would make it too expensive to operate!  Shocked

Looks like they did a through job of fowling the lines of the Scenicruiser!

Now If Pat McNeil had added the second steer axle to his big red . . . . .

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Dallas

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 11:09:43 AM »

I did a little playing with Photoshop and the properties of the photo.
All I could find was that the photo was enhanced to make it brighter and remove some of the contrast.
The drivers window for the picture looks like it probably is real, and that some of our brethren below the border don't feel a need to see what is coming from the side.
I blocked out a window on the side of our 4103 behind the drivers window and it really sucked big green wieners. It is amazing how many times I actually used that window to see what was coming up from the left side, especially when at a stop sign that was placed at an acute angle to the road I was trying to enter.

Dallas

HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 11:51:42 AM »

The drivers window for the picture looks like it probably is real, and that some of our brethren below the border don't feel a need to see what is coming from the side.
I blocked out a window on the side of our 4103 behind the drivers window and it really sucked big green wieners. It is amazing how many times I actually used that window to see what was coming up from the left side, especially when at a stop sign that was placed at an acute angle to the road I was trying to enter.

If you've ever driven near the border, you find that a lot of Mexican drivers don't care much if anything is beside them or coming around to pass.  A lot of the old trucks and pickups just the other side of the border don't even have rear view mirrors, nobody cares.  And, like many U.S. drivers, they don't believe in the use of turn signals.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: