Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 07:20:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this one of those old Mexican buses?  (Read 3140 times)
Dallas

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 12:00:54 PM »

What's a turn signal?

The drivers window for the picture looks like it probably is real, and that some of our brethren below the border don't feel a need to see what is coming from the side.
I blocked out a window on the side of our 4103 behind the drivers window and it really sucked big green wieners. It is amazing how many times I actually used that window to see what was coming up from the left side, especially when at a stop sign that was placed at an acute angle to the road I was trying to enter.

If you've ever driven near the border, you find that a lot of Mexican drivers don't care much if anything is beside them or coming around to pass.  A lot of the old trucks and pickups just the other side of the border don't even have rear view mirrors, nobody cares.  And, like many U.S. drivers, they don't believe in the use of turn signals.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 01:50:56 PM »

What's a turn signal?

The drivers window for the picture looks like it probably is real, and that some of our brethren below the border don't feel a need to see what is coming from the side.
I blocked out a window on the side of our 4103 behind the drivers window and it really sucked big green wieners. It is amazing how many times I actually used that window to see what was coming up from the left side, especially when at a stop sign that was placed at an acute angle to the road I was trying to enter.

If you've ever driven near the border, you find that a lot of Mexican drivers don't care much if anything is beside them or coming around to pass.  A lot of the old trucks and pickups just the other side of the border don't even have rear view mirrors, nobody cares.  And, like many U.S. drivers, they don't believe in the use of turn signals.

Those are the pretty blinking lights on the rear of vehicles that sometimes accidentally get activated by drivers.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 04:38:15 PM »

I believe that's a Sultana, which is the company that now can make or obtain windshields and other curved glass for the Flx's of the 30's - 60's vintage

Now here is a man that knows his buses, Sultana it is!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1969-Sultana-GMC-Super-Panoramico-4-Axle-Bus-Ad-Mexico_W0QQitemZ350036739690QQihZ022QQcategoryZ4151QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m122
http://classicbuses.net/detalle.php?id=Sulta

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 05:09:11 PM »

And a little magnifying glass confirms it by the name on the front of it.

Green-Hornet

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 05:36:12 PM »

If it was mine I would ditch the pink paint and put a few tasteful chrome accents on it to make it look like this......
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 09:54:25 PM »

Now Bryce...Kyle's wife has more class than that! Grin
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 09:02:22 AM »

When you get south of the border and are following a truck they put on the left turn signal to let you know that you can pass --- It's a custom that is hard to get used to I kept thinking they were going to slow down and turn.

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 10:59:15 AM »

I agree Melbo ... I think the mexican (in Mexico) uses their turn signals and 4 way flashers way more than in Canada or the US and they mean something. As far as vehicles with no mirrors ... I guess you haven't been down south for a while, the cars, trucks and buses are as new and numerous as anything you will see in the US or Canada. Yes they drive agressively, but have you ever driven throw Houston or LA ... same thing to me.
Ron
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 12:57:01 PM »

You're right, it has been a long time since I was down there.  But then too, my experiences were in the poor border areas, not the industrial, aggricultural or tourist zones.
Songman

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 12:59:22 PM »

If you've ever driven near the border, you find that a lot of Mexican drivers don't care much if anything is beside them or coming around to pass. 

You don't have to go down to the border for that. That is how they are here in Bakersfield too. Of course, I think there are more Mexicans living here than there are still in Mexico.
gtd

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 04:10:52 PM »

There is one of these buses at a campground in Weatherford Texas.  I believe it is across the I-20 from the Home Depot.

It is sitting in the back of the campground in the storage area.  It is somewhat converted, but needs lots of work.  I don't know if it for sale, but it has been there for a least 9 years. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: