Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
January 16, 2018, 09:32:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone think of a good reason.....  (Read 2785 times)
chazwood

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 09:07:26 AM »

Ummm......... after further poking around I discovered that the front and tag wheel filler plugs have a tiny hole right in the middle of them. (must be to release pressure.) Yikes. That would not be good.

Still.....that's not hard to plug.......

1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com
Lee Bradley

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2008, 09:59:25 AM »

Now is a great time to do a complete brake and bearing service. You can get the wheels sandblasted, inspected and fresh paint; inspect and paint the brake drums; probably a good time to replace the brake springs, check the rollers, s-cams and pivot pins; clean all the accumulated grease and dirt; remove the inspect the drive axles; replace the hub seals; inspect the wheel bearings; take the stripped hubs to a good machine shop for a cold tanking (removes all the paint) and magnafluxing if they pass get them painted or powder coated the color of choice. As has been said before this is probably the only time you'll have to do this job while you own your bus.
chazwood

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2008, 10:35:38 AM »

Don't forget fixing the studs.....seems the previous owner must have had a Manly Man lug wrench when He put these nuts on cuz they're just stripping.

Cut the nuts off?

I think I'm about to neuter my bus...wait.....isn't my bus a girl?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 10:38:49 AM by chazwood » Logged

1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com
kysteve

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 06:30:44 PM »

Chaz, you may want to make sure those nuts your wrenching on with the "manly" wrench are not left hand threaded nuts that you are trying to remove counter clockwise.  I have this vision in my head of whats going on/on your lugs.  I have had some related experiences there....lol.... Shocked Grin
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: