Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 02, 2014, 01:46:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Train whistle  (Read 4375 times)
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 10:10:27 AM »

The simplest thing you could do would be to buy my house.  You would then have a nice shop with a pit to work under the bus.  Wink
Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
chazwood

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2008, 10:32:04 AM »

I'm there. Get you stuff packed. Grin I'm done with this place.....I'm trying to remove a front wheel and the PO must have overtightened the lugs because the Nuts are stripping.

If it wasnt this....it would be something else.

1992 MCI 102c3
Cummins l10 / Allison auto
Thekempters.com
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2008, 10:57:11 AM »

I'm there. Get you stuff packed. Grin I'm done with this place.....I'm trying to remove a front wheel and the PO must have overtightened the lugs because the Nuts are stripping.

If it wasnt this....it would be something else.

Don't forget the driver and passenger side wheels have opposite handed threades!  Don't over tighten the driver's side by trying to "loosen" them the wrong way.
chazwood

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 11:21:58 AM »

Don't forget the driver and passenger side wheels have opposite handed threades!  Don't over tighten the driver's side by trying to "loosen" them the wrong way.

What? SOMEONE TELL ME THIS GUY IS TRYING TO BE FUNNY!........    please tell me .........please tell me     .....pleeeeese tell me .......#$$@!!**##!!!

Ok....I'm better now.... that would explain that little problem. Someone point me to THAT little tidbit in the manual....That ought to be the FIRST thing they tell you ....."Humchuckin'snugglebunnies!!!!!"....opposite threads!!!!?Huh .... I'm speachless....Great.

Anyone know where I could get two lug nuts? Cry
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 11:35:05 AM by chazwood » Logged

1992 MCI 102c3
Thekempters.com
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 11:28:23 AM »

Nope, he wasn't kidding.  You probably better replace the effected studs too.  Even if they didn't strip, they probably got stretched, at the very least weakened.
chazwood

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2008, 11:31:55 AM »

Nope, he wasn't kidding.  You probably better replace the effected studs too.  Even if they didn't strip, they probably got stretched, at the very least weakened.

Weakened!? Those things are toast!!! RATS!!!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 11:33:40 AM by chazwood » Logged

1992 MCI 102c3
Thekempters.com
Dallas

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2008, 11:40:34 AM »

Yup,

Lefty Licey and Rooty Tooty!

Or Is that Lefty Righty and Lucey Ti**y, hmmm, maybe not go there.

I have a few.. only $10 each for the lugnuts and $12 for the stud.

One thing for sure... your compressor and impacted wench are working right.

If you want to make your monster remover and installer last a lot longer get yourself a can of air tool oil or Marvel Mystery oil and use it often.
Your subcompact, man-hammer, being low cost will have a real problem in a short time with wear.. the tolerances aren't nearly as critical to the Chinese as they are to us. Combat the wear with lot's of oil.... oil it everytime you move to another wheel and before and after every use.

If you look at your lug studs, you may possibly see an "R" on the passenger side and a "L" on the drivers side.
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2008, 12:00:32 PM »

Not all vehicles use left hand thread on the left, but I can tell you my Prevost does, and it sure sounds like yours does  too Cry

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
chazwood

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2008, 12:28:52 PM »

I want to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart. (saying goodbye has always been tough for me...so bare with me) You have all been great. You have laughed when you were suppose to.... cried when you had to.... and got serious when the situation demanded a wise head and a steady hand. I cannot thank you enough for your help...all of you.

So, it is with great regret that I tell you that I will be leaving your midst for a while. You see, when I figured out that Brian was not kidding about the opposite threads tip, I'm afraid I said some things that were very bad. Very, very bad.

I will be leaving now, to crawl on my knees over crushed walnut shells and prostrate myself at the statue in the shrine of the chapel of Our Lady of Perpetual Responsibility and plead for my continuing existence, because I'm pretty sure I just lost my salvation.

Thanks for everything....I will remember all of you with fondness.

Goodbye.

Chazwood.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 12:32:45 PM by chazwood » Logged

1992 MCI 102c3
Thekempters.com
JimC

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2008, 01:20:50 PM »

Personally, I think he will be back!

Jim

4106 - 8-71/730
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
between Milwaukee & Madison
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2008, 01:25:46 PM »

Personally, I think he will be back!

Jim

Yup, God is much more forgiving than a bus.
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2008, 01:49:23 PM »

I bet he looked pretty good spinning around in the air holding onto that impact wrench! Roll Eyes

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2008, 02:28:30 PM »

Well, I'm praying for him right now.  Chaz really knows his GOD stuff so I guess he needs help.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2008, 03:23:16 PM »

If he said what I think he said...he will be on his knees for quite a while!

At least he asked the question...and Brian was able to point him in the right direction!

My question...I have not looked...on my Scenicruser (GM) I am thinking the threads on both sides go the same way...don't they?

Chazwood, I gotta hand it to you...you had me and Dianne in stitches!  Thanks!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2008, 03:32:56 PM »

jackhartjr: Only you can tell what threads are on your bus. Unless you are are the original owner you never know who changed what. The only thing I am sure of is that the 4501 rear suspension under my MC-7 Combo had left hand threads on one side. It also had aluminum hubs, which I thought rather uncommon for that age.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: