Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 06:34:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Train whistle  (Read 4489 times)
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2008, 04:34:07 PM »

Personally, I think he will be back!

Jim

Yup, God is much more forgiving than a bus.

Ain't it the truth!
A man much wiser than I once told me "If God wanted to getcha, you'd already be GOT!"

Now, do I even want to ask Dallas what an "impacted wench" is?   Huh Huh

I had an impacted tooth once that was a pain..........  Huh Huh Huh

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2008, 05:34:59 PM »

***I bet he looked pretty good spinning around in the air holding onto that impact wrench! ***

ROTFLMAO

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2008, 08:38:03 PM »

Stud pilot wheel fastening systems have opposite threads on one side of the bus. These are the ones with chamfered front nuts like your car, and the two piece fasteners at the rear that fasten each dual wheel one at a time.

Hub pilot, with the built-in "washer", turn the "proper" way all the way around.

Unless, as has been noted, a previous owner has done something stupid with non-matching bits and pieces...

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Dallas

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2008, 08:52:48 PM »

Stud pilot wheel fastening systems have opposite threads on one side of the bus. These are the ones with chamfered front nuts like your car, and the two piece fasteners at the rear that fasten each dual wheel one at a time.

Hub pilot, with the built-in "washer", turn the "proper" way all the way around.

Unless, as has been noted, a previous owner has done something stupid with non-matching bits and pieces...

happy coaching!
buswarrior

But then to mix it up a bit more...

NJT and some other properties spec'd a nut system that used a nut with built in washer on every other lug on the wheel, while the ones in between were standard nuts. Under the washer, the nut was still chamfered also, and was a reverse thread on the drivers side.

I wasn't aware of that little fact until a couple of years ago at Timmonsville when I noticed Dave in Wilmingtons front wheels had both chamfered and washered stud piloted wheels.

I made an idiot out of myself with concern about the mounting and torque.... of course it's not difficult for me to be an idiot!

Dallas
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2008, 01:38:31 PM »

Dallas,

You can be justifiably proud of your "humility". Grin Huh

Thanks for the chuckle,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2008, 05:24:17 PM »

DOT takes a dim view of mixed fasteners these days in many jurisdictions.

Mixing chamfered stud nuts with the clamping hub pilot style was done by some, but after DOT started putting them OOS, better to fit in than to keep getting buses sidelined.

Right or wrong, Busnuts don't want to attract that kind of attention!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: