Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 15, 2014, 09:58:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brake Buddy Vantage update..A Reply from BB  (Read 6659 times)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« on: March 26, 2008, 06:48:46 AM »

Hi Folks,

I have been having problems with BB since I purchaced it last september and I have to ask the members if they have the same.
I have a 40' bus conversion and the remote reciever will not work at my dash area in my coach. Brake Buddy has sent me a replacement reciever with no prevail. The tech Frank, I spoke with today told me that the problem lies with all the mirror's in my coach. I told him that if I hold the reciever out the drivers window, it still will Not work. If I walk up the the toad, it works just fine. The tech then told me that in cases like this, they would refund the purchace price. He then offered me an upgrade to the Vantge select for an additional $400. I then asked him if that will solve my problem? He said he diddn't know! I then said to him, Why would I do that? And proceeded to tell him that I would take option #1, a refund! He now explains that that would have to be approved by management. I said OK, go ahead!
He comes back and now changes his tune and tells me that BB will Not refund my money at all. And gives the reason that I have owned it over 30 days....
Question, Am I the only guy having this problem?
Is this company just going to write me off?
What should I do?

Thanks for your help
Nick-
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 07:02:11 PM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Jerry Liebler

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 08:33:25 AM »

Nick,
    The problem must be in the towed unit.  See if they will take the whole thing back for 'repair' replacement.  Wireless is nice if it works but!   
Regards
Jerry 4107 1120
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 09:03:30 AM »

Nick,

Was this brake buddy bought from the manufacturer or from Camping World??  If from Camping World we can all ban together on this one and put pressure as I know all us busnuts buy from them and can quickly discontinue doing so,  but if you bought directly from the manufacturer then they are just bastards!!

What ever help you need and we can muster let us know.  Flooding them with emails from just about all of us busnuts wanting to have these units can also make them step back for a few hundred dollars of bad publicity and wonder if screwing you is worth it.  Just name it, and if you choose the flooded emails from us all "count me in".   Be sure to send us the address and name of Representative, (Not the word I mean either) to write directly to.

This BS is just that.  "Either their product is good or it isn't".  No matter if it was over the lousy 30 day warranty.  Big Deal on that too.  My undershorts from walmart have a longer warranty than that.

Good Luck Nick and let keep us updated.  I just hate this crap and today I am in the mood!!

Gary

Gary
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 09:16:41 AM »

Dad's remote doesn't work either. His is a blue ox.

The emergency pin got pulled out & it applied the brakes. This went unnoticed as it happened as we were turning up hill from a stop. What happened is that the brake pads wore off & then the caliper piston pushed thru the backing plate & into the rotor. We were lucky as there was no fire. But, the heat melted the seals & even the brake line! It generally made a mess of things. We had to replace the bearings, axle seals, rotors, & calipers.
Oh, his toad has alum wheels & the lug nuts were LOOSE after this incident! (Yes, we used a torque wrench to put 'em on & rechecked them several times.)

So, to summarize, Make darn sure you KNOW when the toad brakes are applied! Ignorance isn't always bliss. . . .  Shocked

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 09:42:39 AM »

So, to summarize, Make darn sure you KNOW when the toad brakes are applied! Ignorance isn't always bliss. . . .  Shocked

I believe Jim Shephard has a photo on his website www.rvsafetysystems.com of a toad fire resulting from a brake fire caused by a faulty toad brake.  We added a flashing red LED in the dash directly in front of the driver that flashes anytime the toad brake is activated (brake application or breakaway activation). This is wired, not wireless.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 11:47:15 AM »

Nick,
    The problem must be in the towed unit.  See if they will take the whole thing back for 'repair' replacement.  Wireless is nice if it works but!  
Regards
Jerry 4107 1120

Hi Jerry and guy's,

The remote and the brake unit work fine as I walk outside close to the toad, it just won't operate at the drivers area.

A Rv.net friend also has the same problem with his 38 ft. MH. So, I just think that this unit will not transmit as far as the claim.

I really wish they would tell the truth so guy's like me don't waste money...

Nick-

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
edroelle

1998 Royale Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 03:57:14 PM »

Nick,

I was going to write to Brake Buddy, attach this web discussion, and ask, "Is this true?  Do you really sell and advertise a product that does not perform reliably, AND, not refund a buyers money."

I EXPECT companies to satisfy their customers.

Are you comfortable with me writing to Brake Buddy?

Ed Roelle
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 04:15:45 PM »

ED,

If Nick gives you the OK on this please put my name on it also,
Gary Lee LaBombard

Do this only if Nick feels comfortable about it. if he does maybe more of us can add our names and addresses if you want.  Our address can be emailed to you instead of posting them on the boar.

Thanks,
Gary

Gary
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 04:32:42 PM »

NICK - tell them your going to drive up and down the street in front of their house with your defective BB! We'll then see how they feel about having their family at risk?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
luvrbus

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 04:42:48 PM »

Nick, when I was at Quartzsite in Jan the guy selling those was dodging all question and there were some very angry people.Buy you a M & G system and forget about BB when and if you ever get your money back.These type deals suck for the price you pay for that unit
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 04:44:36 PM by luvrbus » Logged
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 05:15:04 PM »

Hi Guy's,

I don't like slamming any company but, I tried every way I think I could have to handle this matter in a professional manner.

I even told "Frank" at Brake Buddy that I would bring this up on a discussion board to see if I was alone or not and he didn't

seem to care one bit. This unit, when I purchased it, was advertised as proportional but it also was not. Now there is no trace

of my model on their site anymore. They now have it listed as the "New" Brake Buddy Vantage Select. The select has an entirely

different remote and like i said above, he couldn't guaranty that it would work.  Hummmm!

Guy's, you can do as you like for me but, Can I thank You in advance?.. Hay, a thousand dollars is not pocket change....

Nick-
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 05:21:25 PM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

luvrbus

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 05:25:19 PM »

Ole Frank has never seen these guys in action I bet.A friend of mine owns PPL RV in Houston I sent a email to him telling about you and BB hope it helps he does not like outfits like that
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 05:31:28 PM by luvrbus » Logged
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 05:35:21 PM »

Ha Ha`Ha, thats funny luvrbus...

Does anybody have or know of this system. A friend at RV.net told me about this and i have been reading up on it but, there

is not alot of tech. info on the install..  SMI Air Force One. about the same money as BB

http://www.smibrake.com/Items.aspx

Nick-

Skykingrob

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 05:58:06 PM »

Hey Nick
I tried a BB about 3-4 years ago when it first came out and had the 30 day trial period. I had a 38 foot MH and like you, mine wouldn't let me know when the brakes were applied. I used it on one trip of 2500 miles. When I got home, I called the sales rep, I had to ship it back at my expense but they did refund my purchase price.
I think the best in this situation is the email to customer service for the company. Can you get that email addy and share with the board? Also, FMCA has a section in their magazine where RV owners write in about problems with products and the companies who manufacture them. When the company names are mentioned in the magazine, the company perks right up and takes notice. If you are a FMCA member, you could try that.
I am willing like many others to help you get your cash back. Good Luck!

Rob
91 LeMirage XL
Missouri
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 08:06:33 PM »

Hi Rob,

Glad to hear from you again!

the contact page has no e-mail addresses but I have the Phone#'s

www.brakebuddy.com
(phone) 1-800-470-2287
(fax) 1-800-444-6779

Nick-

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: