Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 12:04:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: washer/dryer combo  (Read 1860 times)
lloyd

Ignore
« on: March 27, 2008, 02:28:36 PM »

Has anyone used the washer/dryer combo. From what I understand it is one unit. Does it run on 110V or 220V. We are looking at space of one unit compared to seperate units.
Lloyd
luvrbus

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 02:45:22 PM »

Lloyld,my wife has had one for 15 years in our coach and has loved it the unit broke down about 1 year ago and we replaced it with a similar unit from Lowes that she likes a lot better.Both units are 110 but make sure you get the vented type they come in vented and non vented Lowes and HD have to order the unit most of the time sorry  don't know the name but I don't do laundry   have a nice day
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 02:49:32 PM by luvrbus » Logged
poohbear

PoohBear

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 03:05:37 PM »

We have a GE stacked Washer Dryer it is 24in wide and 110v Vented.
cody

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 03:30:41 PM »

We have a splendide washer/dryer combo and it works well, it's the nonvented model and there is a learning curve to it but once you get used to it it'll do a good job, ours is 110 volt.
edroelle

1998 Royale Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 04:30:00 PM »

We have 110 volt Spendid washer/dryer combination.  We did not think we would use it in out newer conversion, but we use it all the time.

There are advantages to both.  Combined, you do not have to move the clothes from one to the other - just start and remove clean, dry (wrinkled) clothes.   Separate, you can wash and dry at the same time.

Ed Roelle
Flint, MI
Dreamscape

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 06:07:44 PM »

We have a Splendide combo 110V unvented. Haven't used it yet, so don't know how it will work out. Hopefully by the time we have to use it they still have diesel to power our Eagle.

Paul
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 09:31:18 PM »

We have used an Equator combo for over 4 years.  It works and does save space.  If you get the condenser type (unvented) you should become familiar with how it works, so you will know when it is not working right and what to do.  The problem we have had is getting service.  There is no one in our area that works on them or can get parts.  You must order the parts through their phone bank in India though they are shipped from the US.  We ended up buying a used machine to use for parts, and I have become more familiar with operation and repairs then I wanted to be.  All that said, if it came down to it, I would rather have one of these than use a laundromat.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 09:45:20 PM »

We have the Splendide combo non vented.  It washes very well, and you have to dry for about an hour.  It uses about 5 gal of water for that hour of drying (the water is used to keep the drum cool-it extracts the water by having the steam coming off the hot clothes condense on the cooled drum and then go down the drain-rather than have it evaporate through the vent).  Usually, I'll do about 45 minutes, at which time it will be damp.  We just take the clothes out and hang them up off the overhead cabinets for only about another hour.  I don't mind the combo, but next time will definitely use the vented type-it most likely dries alot faster.  If you're full timing, the stack might be worth it to get the laundry done faster.  If not full timing stick with the combo.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
rip

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 05:45:21 AM »

We have a Bosch stack washer/dryer 220v and travell fulltime. My wife would not settle for anything less and is very happy with the units. We do not dry camp a lot so when we do,we just make sure we do laundry before.We have run the genset to do laundry which is not a big deal.Just our way. As long as my wife is happy,Im happy.
   Don
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 07:35:03 AM »

If you have room for a stackable and propane on board, why not consider a gas dryer?  It would eliminate the need for 220 and drys even faster than electric units.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 01:13:31 PM »

We have the Splendide 2100 vented combo. Space is a premium so that was what fit into the space in our bathroom. The newer ones have the high speed spin which works well... Except a full load will make the whole bus vibrate and jump up and down.

Overall it works fine and does a fairly decent job. The only catch is that they don't have a lint filter built in and the lint gets shoved out the dryer vent tube and you have to clean it out occasionally.

Dave....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: