Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 30, 2014, 11:25:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we reduce the number of sticky messages please?  (Read 1645 times)
belfert

« on: June 05, 2006, 04:45:26 PM »

There are now five messages made into stickies at the top of the board.  Any way we could cut this back?

New topics are getting lost in the mix when 20% of the front page is stickies.

Brian Elfert
Dallas

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 05:14:51 PM »

There are now five messages made into stickies at the top of the board.  Any way we could cut this back?

Brian Elfert
Sure Brian, no problem.
Which ones would you eliminate?
The Picture one?
The ones that have to do with rallies?
Calendar listings?
Or
New Board Jump Start - Please Read First Message Before Posting!?

These are all recurring current topics.
If you wish not to see them, all you need to do is click on

"Show unread posts since last visit."

Which is right under:

"Hey, *****, you have ***** messages, ***** are new.
Total time logged in: **** days, **** hours and **** minutes."

You can also bring up the newest posts first by selecting that option in your profile editing mode.

At your convienience,

Dallas

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 05:53:46 PM »

Brian, sticky posts are being removed daily as their usefulness goes away. Unfortunately new ones appear that are needed to be left posted for a few days until the majority of the board has had a chance to review them. I know I have removed at least 5-6 in the last few weeks. I can assure you that all the moderators are keeping a close watch on this and will do everything possible to keep them to a minimum.
Richard

Brian Elfert

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
phil4501

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 09:58:22 PM »

Sure, I notice that the east coast rallys get a sticky and then you guys bury Orion's Busapalooza in the fall. I don't blame him for having second thoughts. Give us west coast guys a fair shake, let's see a sticky for Orions mini rally.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 03:03:40 AM »

Phil,

They can just ask me, and I would be happy to make it sticky for a number of day's!

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 05:53:12 AM »

I really feel that there should be some fairly firm plans on a get together before it is entered on the calender and a sticky notice then posted for a few days to direct everyone to the calender.

I strongly suspect that the calender posts are going to get fairly busy too. Unfortunately there is no way to keep all the posts for each event together. As soon as someone makes an entry to one of the posts, it goes to the top of the board.
Richard

Sure, I notice that the east coast rallys get a sticky and then you guys bury Orion's Busapalooza in the fall. I don't blame him for having second thoughts. Give us west coast guys a fair shake, let's see a sticky for Orions mini rally.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Dallas

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 06:05:00 AM »

I agree with you Richard, I only planned on leaving mine sticky for 3 or 4 days then letting it move on down the list.
After that, any updates would be a new thread and not stickied.

I also think that we shouldn't sticky a rally without it having firm plans and a listing on the calendar.

Dallas
phil4501

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 01:19:23 PM »

I apoligize for making jokes in a otherwise serious thread. I just assumed I would be ignored as I deserved. Our left coast ralley is indeed not firm, I was making light of this situation.
Dallas

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 01:25:54 PM »

I apoligize for making jokes in a otherwise serious thread. I just assumed I would be ignored as I deserved. Our left coast ralley is indeed not firm, I was making light of this situation.

Phil,
We NEVER ignore you,
Just like a fungus, you've grown on us.

Dallas didn't say that, that was his alter ego..... Digger!

The Dermatophyte[/i][/b]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: