Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 05:32:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Continuation of the great adventure, part 2 lol  (Read 2671 times)
cody

« on: April 08, 2008, 04:09:17 PM »

Libby is dragging me kicking and screaming north, we left Ruskin today on our way to Mike's place in Dunnellon, about 5 or 6 miles from mikes I heard a poof, phissssssssssssss, the problem is that libby heard it too. I checked my air guages and the rear pressure guage was heading south, so I pulled over.  In the middle of libby's screams of WE'RE GOING TO DIE, I figured I'd see what had broke.  Actually she was pretty calm, she was really telling me to fix it or I would be the one to die.  A small air line had pulled loose from the area right under the front of the bus in the storage compartment under my seat, not a problem so I pulled out my tool box, absolutely no 1/2 inch wrenches, a call to mike and the calvery was coming. While I was waiting for mike, I was puzzling over where the wrench had gone, the only place I had used it was at jacks so it was probably on his work bench, oh well, I put the line back together and got it finger tight when mike got there, we tightened it up and started to air up the bus, I looked over by the door and there sat my 1/2 inch wrench, we're at mikes now visiting, the bus is fine, air is holding nicely, ain't life good? lol
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 04:19:56 PM »

You sound like my kids - the tool was hung up on the ground right where you last used it.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 05:47:36 PM »

Cody,

Glad you had a good time in Ruskin.  Did you get over to the beach?  Sorry we didn't get a chance to hook back up.

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
cody

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 08:43:06 PM »

Bill, we enjoyed the beach, that sure is a great park, after you headed out we moved over to site 18 to be a little closer to the beach area, we just left there today.  On that wood, I asked the ranger if they sold firewood at the park or anywhere close by and he told me to just go and get it from the big pile behind the gate, he said we'd have to walk in and get it tho but it's ok so I get enough for a good bug burner lol.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 05:28:25 AM »

Cody,
   Tell Mike & Diane we said Hi!!.  There are great people.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
cody

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 05:51:07 AM »

Will do jack, yep they are great people. We sat outside and talked till after dark last night. Mike sure is doing a good job on his bus, I'm not sure I'd tackle the repower, it's a major job but he seems to have it all under control, the further into this bus thing I get the more I realize how little I know, each stop we make is an education for me.
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 08:19:17 AM »

Sounds like you guys are having a great time !

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
cody

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 05:57:07 PM »

This afternoon we left mike's house, we're now at a truck stop in marianna, in the morning we'll be heading for cullman alabama.  Thats if libby can get me to cross the state line lol.  I never thought it would be hard to leave florida but it is, I sure like it here, the weather is great, but the people are better.  Friday, we should be pulling into union city tennessee, a few days with BK and his parents should help my deepening depression lol.  Maybe BK will let me stow aboard and take me back to florida with a load of co-eds lol. I sure hope libby doesn't see this post, she'll kill me lol.  Oh well, there are always hills to go over and new roads to try, life is good.
gmbusguy1

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 06:46:23 PM »

Cody STAY SOUTH !!!!

the forcast for da UP is Snow

what a winter

Chris
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 10:46:41 PM »

Cody,
Robert and I will be coming thru Cullman around 1:30 to 2:30 AM on Friday! Want us to stop by and wake you? But your more than welcome to stop on in. If know one is here just move the Prevost out of the way and take your parking place, and get set up and comfy. Somebody be home soon! LOL!  Robert & I will be in late Sun or early Monday! By the way if you read this before pulling out of Florida, please watch for fruit stands to pick mom up some oranges & grape fruits and I'll pay ya back when I see ya! (I'm still in the dog house, because I didn't bring none home last weekend! An I really don't see it happening this one either unless it's real close to the hotel! LOL!   Grin  BK  Grin

PS looking forward to seeing ya'll & tell Libby to go easy on the cook'n I'm still dieting and still loosing!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
cody

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 09:30:06 AM »

BK, don't get too comfortable in that dog house lol, the calvary is coming, we just hit a fruit stand for you, we got a case of florida oranges and grapefruit for your mom, not sure how many will be left when we get there but for now it looks good lol.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 02:36:23 PM »

BK, don't get too comfortable in that dog house lol, the calvary is coming, we just hit a fruit stand for you, we got a case of florida oranges and grapefruit for your mom, not sure how many will be left when we get there but for now it looks good lol.

LOL! Thanks Cody & Libby I knew I could count on ya'll! Still need that wake up call at about 2:00 AM? LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
cody

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 06:29:53 PM »

BK that wakeup call might be fun, I haven't seen libby dismember anyone in a long time lol.  We just pulled into the Good Hope campground in Cullman Alabama, good run today but ran into a construction zone north of Dothan, I think the town was Troy that went for miles with traffic backed up and just crawling, another snarlup in montgomery and another one in birmingham but made it in without any problems.  Got here just as people were battening down the hatches, they claim a storm is rolling in with all the normal tornado warnings.  Ain't it fun lol.
cody

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 10:47:13 AM »

Well, it looks like we'll be a day late getting into Union City Tn, lol, we're in the path of a storm cell, just going to sit it out here in Cullman.  And libby says I don't provide enough excitement lol, got rotation just southwest of us.  Going to get interesting, it's hot and muggy and the air is just hanging right now but I'm not going to be out on the road in it, I'll wait out the tornado warnings and let it blow itself out.  I'll keep you all posted on this.
cody

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 11:29:24 AM »

Starting to get really exciting here, got sirens going off, almost nobody driving on the highway and lots of things going on here, got a cell heading directly into town.  We'll see what happens now lol, got cylinders of rotation southwest of town but nothing on the ground yet. I'll keep posting as long as I have internet lol.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: