Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 02:31:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: That pesky $4 gal. diesel has crept into my neighborhood!  (Read 6277 times)
BusCrazyTom

Ignore
« on: April 09, 2008, 09:33:08 AM »

Yeah, I knew it was coming! But now that pesky $4 gal. diesel has crept into my neighborhood! No bus yet, but I think I'll start feeding the Mercedes WVO and see how it likes it. Can't deal with much at $4 per gal! God! I feel for the truckers and the charter operators! And all the rest of you BusNuts!

BusCrazyTom the Analog Dinosaur!
chazwood

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 10:01:49 AM »

I paid $3.65 yesterday.

1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 10:18:07 AM »

BC Tom,

I'm with you.... analog will never die.  Became a tech in 60 in the USAF.

Brace yourself my friend.  I heard that oil "futures" for 09 were going for $200/ barrel.  That would translate to about $8/gal.  I haven't verified that number for 09 but I know that there is no period in recorded history where the price of oil went down for longer than months.  Always goes up cause they raise it only enuf to not start the "oil war" then wait a while then bump it again as much as they dare.  The FED approves of their action so enthusiastically that we have given the domestic oil companies a 40 billion (i think) tax break since 2002.  And in 2002 they had record profits even before the largess of the "new and improved" tax break.  Sure its THEM...but it is US too.  We need some special tax break so we can travel in our retirement...we deserve it and have earned it.  Might be nice if we could give hobbyists a break, also.  And those truckers.....gee whiz, are they ever taking it on the chin.

Oh well, sure wish I could still drink.  After all....SOBRIETY IS A CRUTCH FOR THOSE THAT CAN"T TOLERATE ALCHOHOL.

\Be well and Happy,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Charles Seaton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 10:37:12 AM »

Tom,

What MPG do you get with the Mercedes diesel?
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 10:44:46 AM »

fortunately truckes and bus operators just raise thier prices or have a fuel surcharge.

I also have thought about putting a SVO?WVO system on my MB, but at 1500.00 for what I deem a good reliable system for the cold belt.....plus time or labor to install I don;t know for as little as I drive the thing.

Wish I could on my Diesle PU but not willing to risj=k the powerplant on that one
BusCrazyTom

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 11:02:33 AM »

Charles,

Getting around 28 city and 32-36 highway depending on how I drive the thing.(Usually like my family name was Earnhardt..its not) S-Class 350 series rod bender, does pretty good though as engine was rebuilt when I bought it.

Tekebird, Yes, the conversion is a bit pricey, but my diesel mechanic says he has some shortcuts he runs on his so I might try that if it looks safe to me. Never know about his crazy *** though
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 11:05:53 AM »

The truckers were stageing some protests around the country, have not heard anymore about that. Did they quit or is it not being reported on?
 We the people hold the power to reduce prices.

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
kingfa39

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 11:28:55 AM »

This is what happens when you put oil men in the white house that have little or no regard for the american working man, the goverment shut down the oil drilling in us long ago, between this war and the gas prices we are doomed.
Frank allen
steve5B

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 04:28:58 PM »

THOUGHT I WOULD ADD TO THE AGNOY, PORT ORCHARD , WASHINGTON.  $4.29!!!!!!!!!!!

STEVE 5B........

WWW.WINNERSCHOICECORPORATION.COM

"It's all in the name the name says it all"
BusCrazyTom

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 04:33:22 PM »

Ok Steve, I'll shut up now! You've got it worse!

Tom
ghanson

MC 9

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 05:48:04 AM »

Check out the prices in my area..

BusMom

1978 GM4905A

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 05:53:40 AM »

Well I guess I won't complaining about $3.71 here in Oklahoma.  Since we just went on a trip for Spring Break I need to fill the bus up again, but filling the bus up goes through the paycheck pretty quick. Tongue

Amy Riley
Norman (Oklahoma City Area), Oklahoma
BusCrazyTom

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 06:38:28 AM »

Ghanson: That's funny as H! ROTFLMAO! I wish I had the one I have scanned, but its a bit too blue for the board, but funny as H too! Getting a "fill up" at Saddam and Osama's Neighborhood Exxon! A Jihad in Every Tank!

BusMom: I feel you pain, believe me.

BCT
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 10:24:52 AM »

I could only wish for diesel at $3.71.  Most stations here in Minneapolis are at $3.89 or $3.94, but I expect higher prices with crude at $112.

My two trips are still on for this summer and fall.  Taking the bus with 7 to 9 guys is less expensive than flying especially with a rental car.  Driving in three seperate vehicles wouldn't cost any less by the time hotels are added.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 01:34:29 PM »

BCT,

Just stay out of that cursed CITGO service station. Roll Eyes  Those petro dollars are building schools and infrastructure in Venezuela.  Hugo also antagonized the US and Arabs by "giving Home Heating Oil" to needy families in New York.  THE COMMUNIST! Shocked  He is just trying to stir up trouble with moves like that.  And just look at the effect that his example has had on Peru's Indian indigenous population. Roll Eyes  Crimmy! Angry  Our only sane option is to stay the course and continue to over stuff EXXON and others with new and improved TAX BREAKS so they can pass the reduced costs along to the American consumer. Grin Grin Grin

Just plain dumbfounded,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: